watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz

Started by Jamie88, April 07, 2014, 05:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie88

What do we think the chances of Felix having Bryan back in the squad next season are? Would we want him?

My personal opinion is that Bryan had his chance to show what he was capable of, and in nearly three seasons of PL football, he failed to show us much. Therefore I wouldn't be too fussed..
However, I still have a small voice in the back of my mind that says he is very useful when surrounded by the right players and given the right role. Also, is his contract up this summer? I can't see him signing a new one

Walsh

I would love to see him come back and show us what he is REALLY made of! We didn't get to see the confident Bryan Ruiz. I feel he could do damage in the Premier League if he was happy with the team mates around him.

RidgeRider

Ruiz was poorly managed and poorly looked after, in terms of fitness and strength. Jol should have had him training for power and strength the last two years but I saw no transformation in his physique, nor any signs he was fitter.

filham

Can't see a future for him here, but it does mean a reported £11m transfer fee wasted.

SimpleTactics

If we stay up I would rather see him sold to contribute funds to buying Holtby who is much more adapted to the PL

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: SimpleTactics on April 07, 2014, 06:04:29 PM
If we stay up I would rather see him sold to contribute funds to buying Holtby who is much more adapted to the PL
He won't come here. He's too good for us.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: The Moose on April 07, 2014, 06:12:25 PM
Quote from: SimpleTactics on April 07, 2014, 06:04:29 PM
He won't come here. He's too good for us.

If we stay up, we have a decent shot at snapping him up. It is evident that he is falling in love with Fulham, and nothing like a hard fought relegation battle to make a player want to stay. He has been instrumental in our recent return to form, and he would be guaranteed playing every match...not to mention Magath loves him and has coached him before. It will be sad to see him go, and for the right fee, anything is possible. 
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FPT

I think the bridges have been burned, thanks to the morons that booed and utterly killed his confidence.

I'd like to give it a shot, but £5m-ish to add to the transfer budget would probably be better.

YankeeJim

An attacking midfield of Holtby and Ruiz just might work. Ruiz is a talented player. I've watched him carve up the US on a couple of occasions. That is, anytime Michael Bradley isn't on the pitch. He gets bumped and thumped and still plays well. He most certainly is not a wide player. I agree with Ridgie that he was misused by Jol. The man can play but can be marked out of the match if he has no help in the midfield. Holtby could be that player just as Dempsey was at times.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Baider

Holtby will 100% not be with us next season

Jimpav

I couldn't stand Ruiz when he was here but that was more so because he was so ineffective under Jols tenure. I wouldn't be averse to him being given a chance under Felix. He may also be better without Berbatov in the side. I don't think they complimented each other.

ToodlesMcToot

I'd love to see Ruiz playing for Magath. If he's willing to put in the work for his manager, then he could be a revelation for us. I don't believe anyone doubts his talent, only the application of it. The application can be adjusted far more easily assuming the desire to win in this league still exists.

I just look at what has transpired with Dejagah since Magath's arrival. He looks like he did in his first season right before his ankle injury when his partenership with Reither was really humming.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

F(f)CUK

Bryan has 1 year left on his contract. He's gone.

Big Martin Jol

If we get a decent offer then let him go.

If there's no interest then bring him back and never, ever play him on the wing.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

nose

Ruiz?
I am suprised at the question.
IMO
In all this time he barely made an impression, if it weren't for the price tag he would have been on loan at hartlepool.
His uselessness was part of Jol's problem, never dropping such a totally ineffective player. It sent shock waves of discontnet round the squad seeing three untouchables, ruiz, berba and the goalkeeper. 
The thing that has impressed with felix is that reputation doesn't seem to count, bringing stockers back was a master stroke (I hope!).

RaySmith

I think he is inextricably linked with the Jol regime, and all its perceived failings.

He was Jol's man, and he played him every game, despite concern of fans.

Maybe he was played out of position, and could find a new start at Fulham under Felix, though I would be surprised - and he seems to be doing well in Holland.

Bronaldinho

I want him back.

Felix's training will get him sharp enough for the prem and we'll need a creative outlet if Holtby isn't permanent.

Ruiz is a top quality player and I know under Felix he would be brilliant.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

David Allen Crankshaw

It will be interesting to see how he performs in the World Cup especially as Costa Rica are in England's group. I don't think he is suited to the Premier League and should we be relegated Fulham may want to recoup at least some of the fee we paid for him.

Adi-ffc

not sure Ruiz would be Felix's type of player. He simply won't work hard enough. More players in the Holtby mode would be my guess if we stay up.

Sell him, sad as it would be in some ways.

JBH

Quote from: Baider on April 07, 2014, 07:44:15 PM
Holtby will 100% not be with us next season

Apparently he has said that if Fulham stay up he would like to make the move permenant