watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opposition Fans Forums

Started by Blanco, April 08, 2014, 01:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

I thought I'd have a read of all the forums of the teams who are in the fight for Premier League survival just too see what the general mood among the fans is. Between the bottom three - Sunderland, Cardiff and us we definitely come across as the more hopeful and positive fans. The other two seem to have given up and are much like we all were a few weeks ago. The other 3 teams above the relegation zone seem more upbeat.

Norwich fans are glad Hughton has gone and still surprisingly still have hope. Some of them seem quite up for the game on Saturday. They are all very worried about their remaining fixtures. We really need to beat them on Satrday. It is absolutely vital. Need to get the first goal and the fans need to make plenty noise.

West Brom fans seem quite positive but still worried. I think they'll stay up. Palace are confident they'll survive and Swansea are worried but still think they'll be ok due to poorer teams like us and Norwich.

May I also add that we have the best forum. The layout of FoF is so much better than the forums I've just been through. Although ours definitely has more mods and censoring. But the layout is better.

ChesterTheTabby

Funnily enough I did the exact same thing today, and I agree with everything you have said. I also watched the post match interviews with Ole Gunner and Poyet, and you can just see it - they are demoralized as all hell. Conversely, Felix has continued to say that we will survive and has even stated "we're back" and that "with fans like this, you cannot go down". The difference in the manager's post match interviews is a testament to how the supporters feel.

I noticed a huge wave of relief that Hughton was gone, and a definite positive vibe from the Norwich fans, however, some of them (about 40%) feel they waited too long and it will not work. Let's hope that is true.

WBA were upbeat, as they should be, but if their next two tough matches go against them, they are in the mire for sure. Swansea, I will check on tonight because I forgot about them, Palace as well.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Blanco

Quote from: maoconnor on April 08, 2014, 01:26:30 AM
Funnily enough I did the exact same thing today, and I agree with everything you have said. I also watched the post match interviews with Ole Gunner and Poyet, and you can just see it - they are demoralized as all hell. Conversely, Felix has continued to say that we will survive and has even stated "we're back" and that "with fans like this, you cannot go down". The difference in the manager's post match interviews is a testament to how the supporters feel.

I noticed a huge wave of relief that Hughton was gone, and a definite positive vibe from the Norwich fans, however, some of them (about 40%) feel they waited too long and it will not work. Let's hope that is true.

WBA were upbeat, as they should be, but if their next two tough matches go against them, they are in the mire for sure. Swansea, I will check on tonight because I forgot about them, Palace as well.

Swansea talked about us a bit in one post. They were saying how if we win our next 2 games and they lose theirs we'll be on the same amount of points as them. I can't see us beating Spurs. But if we beat Norwich who knows what will happen.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Blanco on April 08, 2014, 01:31:58 AM

Swansea talked about us a bit in one post. They were saying how if we win our next 2 games and they lose theirs we'll be on the same amount of points as them. I can't see us beating Spurs. But if we beat Norwich who knows what will happen.

No, I cannot see us beating Spurs either. Norwich, yes, we WILL win. We must win, I cannot see it any other way. Spurs...well if we just absolutely blow out Norwich then sure we have a shot, but I will take 1 point there any day of the week. I think we most certainly have a shot to beat Stoke (regardless of their home form) simply because they do not have the likes of Erikkson and Saldado and Adebayor. If we take 1 point from either of those and win out our home games we are safe on 37 points I think. Win 1 away game and our home games and we are golden. I have kept faith all the way up until this point and I will not stop now, I think we truly have turned the corner under Felix these past few weeks.

Blanco

I admire your persistent optimism through out this dire season. I'm still worried it's too little to late but I am much more hopefull than I was a few weeks ago.

ChesterTheTabby

"Persistent optimism" is synonymous with "what a looney", or "he must be the village idiot" :) I will be that idiot if it allows me to sleep better at night and wake up for footie excited, rather than barely being able to lift my eyes. If we do stay up...my word, my word I cannot even describe it. I think we have as decent a shot as anyone. 3 teams will go down, and 6 teams are definitely contenders! Cardiff, Sunderland, Fulham, West Brom, Norwich, and Swansea all look like the candidates (maybe Palace if they just poo the bed). I think Cardiff and Sunderland are gonners. Cardiff goes without saying, but Sunderland do have games in hand, however, those games are going to come quick and without respite...and given the tiredness of that squad and the matches they have coming up, could be the end of them these next three weeks.

crazycottager

Quote from: maoconnor on April 08, 2014, 02:07:08 AM
"Persistent optimism" is synonymous with "what a looney", or "he must be the village idiot" :) I will be that idiot if it allows me to sleep better at night and wake up for footie excited, rather than barely being able to lift my eyes. If we do stay up...my word, my word I cannot even describe it. I think we have as decent a shot as anyone. 3 teams will go down, and 6 teams are definitely contenders! Cardiff, Sunderland, Fulham, West Brom, Norwich, and Swansea all look like the candidates (maybe Palace if they just poo the bed). I think Cardiff and Sunderland are gonners. Cardiff goes without saying, but Sunderland do have games in hand, however, those games are going to come quick and without respite...and given the tiredness of that squad and the matches they have coming up, could be the end of them these next three weeks.
i completely agree, i am an optimist, but idid adfmittedly let my head drop when i had thought all was lost. but positivity is essential, so lets keep it going!

Blanco

Quote from: crazycottager on April 08, 2014, 04:59:17 AM
Quote from: maoconnor on April 08, 2014, 02:07:08 AM
i completely agree, i am an optimist, but idid adfmittedly let my head drop when i had thought all was lost. but positivity is essential, so lets keep it going!

The negativity between the Cardiff and Sunderland fans will definitely affect their outcome this season. And like Maoconnor said, the difference between Poyet & Solskjaers interviews and Felix's is obvious and that spreads to the players. I just hope all the positivity in the Fulham camp can bring points.

alfie

Quote from: maoconnor on April 08, 2014, 01:44:48 AM
Quote from: Blanco on April 08, 2014, 01:31:58 AM

No, I cannot see us beating Spurs either. Norwich, yes, we WILL win. We must win, I cannot see it any other way. Spurs...well if we just absolutely blow out Norwich then sure we have a shot, but I will take 1 point there any day of the week. I think we most certainly have a shot to beat Stoke (regardless of their home form) simply because they do not have the likes of Erikkson and Saldado and Adebayor. If we take 1 point from either of those and win out our home games we are safe on 37 points I think. Win 1 away game and our home games and we are golden. I have kept faith all the way up until this point and I will not stop now, I think we truly have turned the corner under Felix these past few weeks.

I hear what you are saying but then again not too many people had to win a villa, anything is possible on the day.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Danitar

From what I saw of spurs they weren't that good, the only reason they won was because Sunderland played a perfect formation to beat them. Where as us we would give spurs a real game. I see a draw at worst for me and with the whole Sherwood scenario it's going to affect them eventually.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Blanco on April 08, 2014, 01:20:22 AM
I thought I'd have a read of all the forums of the teams who are in the fight for Premier League survival just too see what the general mood among the fans is. Between the bottom three - Sunderland, Cardiff and us we definitely come across as the more hopeful and positive fans. The other two seem to have given up and are much like we all were a few weeks ago. The other 3 teams above the relegation zone seem more upbeat.

Norwich fans are glad Hughton has gone and still surprisingly still have hope. Some of them seem quite up for the game on Saturday. They are all very worried about their remaining fixtures. We really need to beat them on Satrday. It is absolutely vital. Need to get the first goal and the fans need to make plenty noise.

West Brom fans seem quite positive but still worried. I think they'll stay up. Palace are confident they'll survive and Swansea are worried but still think they'll be ok due to poorer teams like us and Norwich.

May I also add that we have the best forum. The layout of FoF is so much better than the forums I've just been through. Although ours definitely has more mods and censoring. But the layout is better.
"much like we all were a few weeks ago"
Sorry but not ALL - I have certainly believed we can beat the drop all along, and there have been 1 or 2 others (albeit few).

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 08, 2014, 09:23:43 PM

Sorry but not ALL - I have certainly believed we can beat the drop all along, and there have been 1 or 2 others (albeit few).

Been right there with you my friend :)

Blanco

I'd say that a very small percentage have always believed.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Blanco on April 08, 2014, 09:53:25 PM
I'd say that a very small percentage have always believed.
I agree - as I said "albeit few"
Tis a real shame that the faith had gone for many, but at last people are starting to get behind the team again!

The support will really help!
COYSW

welshwhite

i feel we are in control of our fight to stay up now,, more so if we beat norwich...

:group hug:

Count Berbatov

I think other the mood on the other teams forums can't be much more different than how we feel here. It's going to be tight, close and nerve-racking. A couple of results this weekend will define the faith of the bottom teams.
One thing that makes me nervous is, the new manager effect could lift Norwich in the worst possible time.
Also, getting something out of Spurs game is more likely than Stoke away. I feel that way for some reason

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Blanco

Quote from: Count Berbatov on April 08, 2014, 10:45:30 PM
I think other the mood on the other teams forums can't be much more different than how we feel here. It's going to be tight, close and nerve-racking. A couple of results this weekend will define the faith of the bottom teams.
One thing that makes me nervous is, the new manager effect could lift Norwich in the worst possible time.
Also, getting something out of Spurs game is more likely than Stoke away. I feel that way for some reason

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I agree. I don't think we'll get anything out of the Stoke game. Although, if we get some good results before then who knows.

terryr

I've been putting up a survey of the opposition fans for a while each week.
Villa were very negative about their team.
Most have believed we will be a push over.  Newcastle and  Man U were so much so that I posted their match day threads after we had achieved a result. They had wound me up in the lead up and the angst they displayed when we did the unthinkable was satisfying.
I didn't do that to Villa as they were pretty respectful to us in the pregame lead up and grinding salt into their wounds or celebrating their despair ( which we seem to all go through weekly) would have been crap and mean spirited.
I'll put up Norwich on Thursday.
T

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: TerryR on April 09, 2014, 01:19:43 AM
I've been putting up a survey of the opposition fans for a while each week.
Villa were very negative about their team.
Most have believed we will be a push over.  Newcastle and  Man U were so much so that I posted their match day threads after we had achieved a result. They had wound me up in the lead up and the angst they displayed when we did the unthinkable was satisfying.
I didn't do that to Villa as they were pretty respectful to us in the pregame lead up and grinding salt into their wounds or celebrating their despair ( which we seem to all go through weekly) would have been crap and mean spirited.
I'll put up Norwich on Thursday.
T

Love your prematch threads Mr. T! Keep them coming!

crazycottager

Quote from: maoconnor on April 08, 2014, 09:27:26 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 08, 2014, 09:23:43 PM

Been right there with you my friend :)

Sadly let my head drop, but my faith has been restored :)