watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

odds update

Started by nixie-ffc, April 08, 2014, 04:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nixie-ffc

now lets see how the biggest exchange rates our chances.

odds for the teams to be relegated:

cardiff 1.13
sunderland 1.21
fulham 1.55 ( at one point during the last few weeks went down to as low as 1.10  :58: )
norwich 2.32
wba 11.50
c.p. 18.00 ( traded as low as 1.08 - ouch )
swansea 24.00
ast villa 28.00

i think the odds for wba, cp, swansea and ast v are way too high. some burnt fingers come the end of season me thinks.

Deanothefulhamfan

I put a huge amount of money for us to go down at 6/5 in January, and I recently laid them off at 1/3... So I have made a decent profit.

Tempted to reinvest some of it on us staying up now at 7/4... But think I will just take my money and run, and celebrate with my money IF we do stay up :)

Neil D

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on April 08, 2014, 06:21:16 AM
I put a huge amount of money for us to go down at 6/5 in January, and I recently laid them off at 1/3... So I have made a decent profit.

You'll need to explain this in layman's terms so I can understand.  Let's assume you placed £10 on Fulham to be relegated (how could you!?) at 6/5....

MrProphet

Tempted to reinvest some of it on us staying up now at 7/4... But think I will just take my money and run, and celebrate with my money IF we do stay up :)

You bet on us to go down.. .....? 096.gig fp.gif

Oh dear

Deanothefulhamfan

Was happy to lose the money if we did go down, but I have since had the chance to lay us off and make guaranteed profit.

I have also been betting on every team to beat us since January, as I figured I am sacrificing many things to watch Fulham here in China, and if they are going to put in pathetic performances week in week out, I want to at least pay for my evening, or treat my girlfriend every now and again, for allowing me to watch Fulham and ruin our weekends. Do I feel guilty? Not at all.... it makes my life easier, and if we draw or win I am happy to lose my money.

As it turns out, I may have to use the money I have won and get my flight changed from the end of may, to the beginning of may so I can get to the cottage and see us stay up at home to palace.

davew

The best bet I have seen is 5/4 that Norwich get relegated (source Stan James), with their remaining fixtures and disruption at the club, relegation is a certainty!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: Neil D on April 08, 2014, 07:42:39 AM

You'll need to explain this in layman's terms so I can understand.  Let's assume you placed £10 on Fulham to be relegated (how could you!?) at 6/5....

Say I put 10 pounds on I get 12 pounds back plus my 10 pound stake... I then layed them off at 1/3 which means for every 10 pounds you put on you get £3.30 back plus the 10 pound stake....

Neil D

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on April 08, 2014, 08:12:01 AM

Say I put 10 pounds on I get 12 pounds back plus my 10 pound stake... I then layed them off at 1/3 which means for every 10 pounds you put on you get £3.30 back plus the 10 pound stake....
Thanks.

Jimpav

Sounds like a good earner Deano.

Would you expect odds to change massively if we beat Norwich? Enough to lay off the original bet?

sumofallparts

I think it is still quite fluid at the bottom. Hull in 12th on 36 points prob safe. 13th Villa and down all in the mix.

34 pts Villa P32
34 pts Palace P32
33 pts Swansea P 33
32 pts West Brom P32
32 pts Norwich P 33
27 pts Fulham P33
26 pts Cardiff P33
25 pts Sunderland P31

I think despite their games in hand, Sunderland will drop. They look like they won't win another game + they have to play Everton, Chelsea, Man Utd.

Cardiff too will go - they are just abysmal in every way.

IF Fulham beat Norwich on Saturday - they we will go up to 30 points. Then we are in striking distance of the 5 clubs above.

Norwich are the obvious target - the plus points being we play them next - they have just sacked their manager AND their last 4 games are against, Chelsea (away), Liverpool (h), Man Utd (a) & Arsenal (h). Top 4 teams, last 4 games. They must be dead?

Fulham on the flip side play Spurs, Stoke (draws ??) and Hull and Palace (wins??)

The only other suspect candidate is West Brom who have to play Spurs (a), Man City (a), Arsenal (a) in their remaining games.

So if Fulham beat Norwich Saturday - my bet is the 3 teams to be relegated will be Cardiff & Sunderland + Norwich or West Brom.

Ta-dah!

Deanothefulhamfan

Jimpav - I laid them off immediately after the villa game, and was very lucky to get 1/3, ideally I should have done it after Everton as I could have laid them for 1/5 maybe even 1/6. If I had saved it till after Norwich and we won, I would be lucky to get evens which would have made me the smallest margin of money.

Sumofall parts I didn't realise wba had such a torrid run in as well... they look like they are pulling it together but still that is not easy. It is all about Saturday for us, nothing but a win will give us a glimmer of hope.

sumofallparts

I agree - it is ALL about Saturday.
I will be there with my son.
I cannot imagine the mood we will be in if we don't get the 3 points.........

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: sumofallparts on April 08, 2014, 01:40:31 PM
I agree - it is ALL about Saturday.
I will be there with my son.
I cannot imagine the mood we will be in if we don't get the 3 points.........

I guess the mood we have been in all season, barring last week ;)