watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone hear anything new on Mitroglou?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, April 08, 2014, 10:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Will he play any part in training this week? The game even? I honestly would be more than happy to keep him out of the squad with how we have been playing for the weekends game, I just want that lad fit so that he can possibly score a goal or two by the end of the season and give us crucial wins. Hell, if he can score 1 goal that leads us to winning 1-0 over stoke, or palace, that is enough to solidify his transfer to me (AS LONG AS WE STAY UP). I feel that he has really been put in an appalling situation and no one should blame him personally for the current predicament.

If you have not read "The Real Mitroglou" post by the Greek, do so, it sheds some honest truth on who Mitroglou is as a player and his situation at the moment.

Hope we see him this weekend at least on the bench, but that is probably asking for too much.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

mungos beans

SP

Quote from: mungos beans on April 08, 2014, 10:33:19 PM
Doubt we will ever see him again

Although I saw him strolling across the pitch in his Topshop gear just after he signed I've never seen him in a Fulham shirt let alone kick a football.

epsomraver

Should get to the U 21's or the WBA game, he played in all three

JDH101

crazycottager

Quote from: maoconnor on April 08, 2014, 10:26:49 PM
Will he play any part in training this week? The game even? I honestly would be more than happy to keep him out of the squad with how we have been playing for the weekends game, I just want that lad fit so that he can possibly score a goal or two by the end of the season and give us crucial wins. Hell, if he can score 1 goal that leads us to winning 1-0 over stoke, or palace, that is enough to solidify his transfer to me (AS LONG AS WE STAY UP). I feel that he has really been put in an appalling situation and no one should blame him personally for the current predicament.

If you have not read "The Real Mitroglou" post by the Greek, do so, it sheds some honest truth on who Mitroglou is as a player and his situation at the moment.

Hope we see him this weekend at least on the bench, but that is probably asking for too much.
Can you leave a link?

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: crazycottager on April 09, 2014, 02:02:43 AM

Can you leave a link?

I sure can!

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=38346.0 here you go, mate!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

crazycottager

Quote from: maoconnor on April 09, 2014, 02:22:32 AM
Quote from: crazycottager on April 09, 2014, 02:02:43 AM

Can you leave a link?

I sure can!

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=38346.0 here you go, mate!

Thanks! :54:

nose

It took that post about Mitroglu with a major pinch of salt like the previous ones extolling his virtues.

For all we know mitroglu himself could have written it.

Personally I think the whole transfer was a scam of the worst sort perpetrated by olympiacos and the man himself. They found a hapless desperate club and unloaded a player with a known weakness upon them. I thought it strange that a team still in the champions league would release a top class striker just before their next match, it made no sense. Well, sorry I should say it made perfect sense if you were trying to stitch up fulham!

Sorry to be so cynical but I have no faith in the integrity of the bigger clubs (and olympiacos are certainly that) or the players that play for them.

If it transpires, by any sort of miracle, that he takes any meaningful part from here to the palace game and scores the winner that keeps us up or any other goal come to that, I will be mighty surprised.

Neil D

Quote from: nose on April 09, 2014, 12:28:36 PM
I thought it strange that a team still in the champions league would release a top class striker just before their next match, it made no sense. Well, sorry I should say it made perfect sense if you were trying to stitch up fulham!

That is an interesting point and carries some weight - though a 'stitch up' may be an exaggeration.  Maybe they just couldn't believe their luck and were happy to exploit Fulham's desperation rather than knowingly unload a player with a long-term injury.  Then again, maybe I'm just a naive sap...

Mitroglol

It really made no sense for us to sell him. CL ro8 and the World Cup would add another 10m to his market price if he managed to score 3-4 goals in these 8 matches.
Two things may have happened, Mitroglou pressured for BPL football and our president was willing to let him go for a fair price.
Or Olympiakos knew all too well how much of a setback his last injury was and they thought they might not get another 15m euros bid after the summer.

God The Mechanic

It's up to Fulham to do their due diligence, which is what the medical is for.  If they rushed it, or didn't pay much heed to the results then it's our fault.  Not his or Olymipacos'.

filham

He should be involved full time in the internal enquiry that should be taking place to see what went wrong at the pre signing medical.