News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England squad, be honest and answer this question.

Started by jarv, June 02, 2010, 07:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Before the 1966 World Cup Final I wonder how many of that team we would have said "Wow, he's worth paying the admission fee?"
Gordon Banks in goal, Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton and of course for those of us who followed Fulham, George Cohen too but that's about it. The number of articles that were written to say that George had no right to be our number one choice at right-back would have filled a library.
And who remembers the furore when Roger Hunt and Geoff Hurst were picked over Jimmy Greaves? Martin Peters, Ray Wilson and Alan Ball were lightweights – Jackie Charlton was a ten foot tall giraffe with the ability of a statue and Nobby Stiles was a joke.
It's okay to stand back now and worship their very names and say that we always loved and revered them, but at the time they were regarded as a very ordinary team who were lucky to be playing on their home turf.
Cometh the time, cometh the man, and if we go on to do well, this is what will happen again. They will be loved and revered for ever more.
If we fail they will go down as a bunch of losers who should never have been picked in the first place.
That Ladies and Gentlemen is LIFE.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Kiwi Fulham Fan

Why isnt Bent there instead of Heskey?, Big talking point in NZ

finnster01

Quote from: Kiwi Fulham Fan on June 03, 2010, 06:59:25 AM
Why isnt Bent there instead of Heskey?, Big talking point in NZ
As they sing in the grounds:

He's gay, He's Bent,
His arse is up for rent,
Darren Bent, Darren Bent...

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

OldBrownShoe

(Back to the original question) Rooney without a doubt even if he may just occasionally have a bad game. What I like about him, apart from his improving skill levels and flair (as opposed to flair-ups!) is his hundred percent commitment and wanting the ball. There aren't many highly paid players who try and give their all in every game as he does.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

TonyGilroy

Back in the 60s it was a thrill for me to watch any players live because they weren't on TV and they were all magical names from football magazines and comics.

When we got into the Premier League there was some excitement at seeing star players live at Craven Cottage but that was because they were playing US at OUR ground.

You can watch these guys live practically 24/7 on TV now so there's nothing special anymore.

Plus we know more about their often questionable private lives than used to be the case.