watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

how to adress the full back problem.

Started by bazzamcb, January 31, 2010, 11:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzamcb

it's obvious to me that the players covering konch and pantsil are not good enough so i've drawn up a list of players we could sign before 5 o clock tomorrow. 

alan hutton
wayne bridge
kyle naughton
chris gunter
maynor figueroha
benoit essou ekkotto
nicky hunt
gael givet
nadir belhadji

WhiteJC

I'm not sure I fully agree with Konch & Pantsil not being good enough, their better than their stand-ins however improvements can allways be made

I'd like to see Wayne Bridge back, but I think both personal issues(too close to Terry?) and wages would be a no-go

Oakeshott

We'd surely be better off if Omusi (can't remember how it is spelt, but currently on loan to Charlton, I think) or the great Volzy were still on the books. V never let us down, and I thought O looked a really decent prospect.

FatFreddysCat

Dip Ruuuufus in the fountain of youth and get him back in.

FatFreddysCat

Just been on SSN that we are to bid £3 million for Shorey.To be honest i dont know much about him, so not sure if ;D or >:(.

Logicalman

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 31, 2010, 11:23:02 AM
I'm not sure I fully agree with Konch & Pantsil not being good enough, their better than their stand-ins however improvements can allways be made

WJC
I don't think he meant it as Konch and Pants not being good enough, just their stand-ins.

I have to say that Kelly appeared out of his depth (again) yesterday, unfortunately, but a ton of our defense problems stem from midfield, and I saw that Smurf did not cut it yesterday, being caught in possession and failing to complete a number of passes to the level expected of him. I would have liked to see Jonathan brought on at 1/2 time, or at the hour at the latest.

Roy will hold fast, ride out the current injury list and well finish 8-9th and feel comfortable doing so.

bazzamcb

RidgeRider

What about Staltieri?

Keane can't get a run for Liverpool or Tottenham....some thing is wrong there. Love to have the Keane of two years ago.

Hazey

I'd take a cheeky punt on Belhadj from Pompy.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

WhiteJC

Steve Finnan? I like to see him back in a Fulham shirt

OldBrownShoe

I agree about Steve Finnan. At least he could bank on getting paid on time.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Tktd

And there's Habib Beye who was playing for villa but rarely starts... he's quite handy!

Peabody

The whole thing about the Full Back problems, was partly predictable, John Pantsill was not going to be with us in January, whether he was injured or not. I am not a being critical, but it was obvious to us all the both of the standbys were not up to it before Christmas. Yesterday brought to light just how shallow our squad is, being forced to put Aaron at right back, especially against Downing and Young was problematic. Interestingly though, Downing started on their left with Young on the right but was quickly changed.