watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

who is your man of the match

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 12, 2014, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

I think stockdale. Excellent saves in the first half. Special mention to kieran as well. Amore played his best game for us so far.

Ordar

Stockdale by a mile. That save in the first half was incredible

I though most of the team were far from their best but we really ground that out.

JDH101

stockdale. no brainer. he has made me eat my words. fulham legend

Macedo

JIMMY D

Stockdale and Richardson... Both played fantastically  049:gif

K33NY

Stockdale, with a close up Roda for hes winning goal as well as hes effort today!

andyk

Stockdale came of age today, stood up when it counted, commanded his box, and that save, reminded me of that last minute save Kasey Keller made at Man City, just before Kamara scored, pure instinct, you can't teach anyone that, sensational.

Martinsback

FPT

David Stockdale, but Richardson was fine also.

Fernando Amorebieta is a much better left back, seemed to head everything away, nabbed the ball from Norwich 2/3 times in that second half too.

The whole back four was superb, Johnny is the natural successor to Aaron Hughes (like I said when rumours first surfaced).

Another great cameo from Dejagah despite that miss at the death. His agility, and freakish speed (never noticed how quick he was) were very useful in launching counters.

Though isolated at times, Rodallega was good again today, some nice touches, got into dangerous areas and the goal was very difficult to pull off.

Count Berbatov

Stock, Rodalega, Richardson, Amorebieta!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Mokes

Stockdale was brilliant. But the McDonalds award for most improved has to go to Fernando Amorebieta.. Everytime I hear his name in the starting 11 my nerves double but today he was really solid. Did not do a thing wrong! When I sat down with my mate I said Fernando will either give away a penalty or get set sent off or both, and then picked out a spot somewhere halfway up the Putney stand and said the people up there can expect to see a lot of the ball with Kasami starting.  Egg has never tasted better.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Count Berbatov on April 12, 2014, 05:37:23 PM
Stock, Rodalega, Richardson, Amorebieta!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Same order for me, +1

Fulham Tup North

049:gif  I would also like to mention in dispatches......Diarra.  He ran himself into the ground today.
Stockdale was superb. MOTM.   :Haynes The Maestro:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

General

I would say, stockdale, then heitinga who i think is severely overlooked and diarra.

Rodallega scored, but i think bent would have done better, the amount of times we pumped the ball up for him to head, we lose so much because he can't win balls in the air. Could cost us.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Herbie

Stockdale made sure we got 3 points today. He gets my vote for man of the match.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: General on April 12, 2014, 05:45:23 PM
I would say, stockdale, then heitinga who i think is severely overlooked and diarra.

Rodallega scored, but i think bent would have done better, the amount of times we pumped the ball up for him to head, we lose so much because he can't win balls in the air. Could cost us.

How in God's name can you ever say Bent would have done better. All the sitters he has missed, can't win headers. Hope you are just trolling.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FPT

Sky Sports' player ratings:

Stockdale: Kept concentration throughout to claim a clean sheet. Excellent display - 8

Riether: Defended with authority and broke downfield well - 7
Heitinga: Was exposed a couple of times but made some crucial clearances - 6
Hangeland: Excellent at the heart of defence and make a goal-saving tackle to deny Robert Snodgrass - 8
Amorebieta: Joined Brede Hangeland in making a last-gasp challenge to deny Robert Snodgrass - 7

Kasami Off '57: Broke forward well but was exposed when Norwich attacked - 6
Sidwell: Drove Fulham forward and provided an excellent link between defence and attack - 7
Diarra Off '85: Appeared lethargic from half time, unbelievable he stayed on the field so long - 5
Richardson: Powered his way down the wing well and did his best to get the crosses away - 7

Holtby Off '69: Provided an excellent cross for the match-winner and threatened down the left flank - 6

Rodallega: Lead the line well, Ran his socks off as the lone striker and took the all-important chance - 8

Kvist On '85: Came on late and had little chance to make an impact - 5
Dejagah On '57: Took Fulham forward on more than one occasion and produced some testing crosses - 6
Parker On '69: Strong and commanding as ever, made his mark on his return - 6

SP

Stockdale & Sidders for me.

Should also mention the performance of Snodgrass, he was everywhere.