watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Holtby

Started by terryr, April 12, 2014, 07:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

He really wasn't himself today. That's the first game I've seen him play which wasn't a stellar performance.
His passion was there and he seemed genuinely thrilled at the end when he celebrated in front of the hammy end. We did OK after he came off, though some thought Parker was poor, I think he held up OK.
As Holtby can't play next weekend its important we manage without him.
Question:
Am I being too hard on his performance?
Sidders had a bit of a shocker today though like Holtby, his heart is on his sleeve and he bleeds black and white.
Finally I feel a bit sorry for the Norwich fans, they were unlucky not to get a point. I talked to a couple after the game and they were glum, and resigned to going down.
Though I'm glad its them instead of us, I know how it feels; pretty disheartening.

shnlwswlkr

I think it was just a very nervy game, both teams new they had to win it, probably Norwich more so than us and I think we knew they were gonna come at us with everything which caused us to be more nervy, which caused a scrappy affair.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

zschwartz

it was definitely the nature of the game and will be somewhat similar to the rest of them... luckily parker and karagounis are now relatively fit and will be great assets as they always seem to play in this manner. sidwell is allowed to have an off game now and then, it is a shame that it coincided with holtby. dejagah is class but should have finished that last break also.

JackyFulham90

Holtby is top class.
He will be missed against Spurs.
Kasami is rated by Felix.
One positive is maybe Dejagah will get a start in the place of Holtby

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: TerryR on April 12, 2014, 07:53:46 PM
He really wasn't himself today. That's the first game I've seen him play which wasn't a stellar performance.
His passion was there and he seemed genuinely thrilled at the end when he celebrated in front of the hammy end. We did OK after he came off, though some thought Parker was poor, I think he held up OK.
As Holtby can't play next weekend its important we manage without him.
Question:
Am I being too hard on his performance?
Sidders had a bit of a shocker today though like Holtby, his heart is on his sleeve and he bleeds black and white.
Finally I feel a bit sorry for the Norwich fans, they were unlucky not to get a point. I talked to a couple after the game and they were glum, and resigned to going down.
Though I'm glad its them instead of us, I know how it feels; pretty disheartening.

You are right. Both Holtby and Sidwell were below par being robbed of the ball and making poor passes too often. It wasn't through lack of effort or caring but was just one of those days. Fortunately we got away with it.

Norwich put in a good performance today and they and their fans must feel disappointed. I hope today is part of our run to safety. I would welcome Norwich and their fans back to the Cottage.