watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool v ManCity

Started by One Martin Thomas, April 13, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One Martin Thomas

Went to the match at Anfield today.  As I am based in the NorthWest it was an invitation I could not refuse and I always like to see Liverpool do ok (except against Fulham) as my best mate is a Liverpudlian.  Guy next to me was friendly enough and quite chatty, but, he asked me a question that really got me thinking.... "what's it like to watch a good passing team like Liverpool ?" 

Only answer I could give was that Fulham were a very good passing team and in the Championship when we came up, we were fantastic.  The Liverpool fan seemed to understand me but probably did not believe me. 

Every time Fulham went forward that season, we looked dangerous.  We played beautifully.  Passed well.  Players had confidence on the ball. 

What happened ?  I pray that whatever Magath is doing this season to keep us (whether he succeeds or fails) that he's got more strings to his bow than the game we are seeing.

Bring back the passing game to Fulham !  COYW.

Artful Dodger

We currently don't have the players and Magath has to cut his cloth accordingly. In the Championship that year we were miles ahead of the next best team (that was Blackburn Mr Souness!) and had the players who could play teams off the park. To be fair, Hodgson got the best out of the team he had with Murphy pulling the strings and until we get that balance back, we will struggle to have a team that plays flowing football.

Let's hope, whichever division we are in Felix can improve the quality of play we have seen over the last 2-3 years but for the next 4 games, it is all about results.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Actually,   We also played some lovely football under Hughes .....................  but in my experience the  Pool fan  question was rhetorical
As far as he is concerned Liverpool is great and he is not interested in you and your Tigena story

St Eve

Maybe kahn will spend hundreds of millions like Liverpool and we will be

Nero

Quote from: KCat on April 13, 2014, 07:31:38 PM
Actually,   We also played some lovely football under Hughes .....................  but in my experience the  Pool fan  question was rhetorical
As far as he is concerned Liverpool is great and he is not interested in you and your Tigena story

Exactly