watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Diarra fit? Will he play?

Started by lamby, April 28, 2014, 12:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamby

Diarra would have been substituted last week if we had any left (after the selfish Sidwell did not take himself off at 1/2 time knowing the Magath game plan of 2 subs at 1/2 time).

We cannot win the last 2 games without him fit.

Luka

100% agree......he is a class act even when not fully fit.
We look a much better unit with him playing.

TonyGilroy

He got through the first game seemingly on willpower alone. He clearly wasn't right Saturday but he's such an important influence that Magath took a risk. Hangeland clearly isn't right and with Dejagah, Holtby and Richardson unable to last 90 minutes plus Sidwell's injury it's no wonder we collapsed.

I think Magath has taken calculated risks with certain players fitness knowing that the potential replacements are inadequate. Didn't work sadly.

Snibbo

Can't see Diarra being recovered for Saturday the state he was in at the end of the match. Class act, but his body is barely holding together.

shnlwswlkr

Maybe start Karagounis/Kvist and bring Diarra on for the last 30/20 to reinforce and hopefully defend our lead.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

MJG

It seems we only have two options with how we set up for next two games, given the fitness we have in the squad.

1: Defend and keep it tight 1st half-HT changes-Attack and hope to score-Try to hang on for grim death.

2: Attack from the off and hope to be in lead with 65/70 mins gone. Bring on fresh legs and hold on for grim death.

Either way its grim.

hovewhite

HatterDon

If he plays, we'll get 35-40 minutes out of him and then he'll limp along for another 20-25. He WAS an excellent player, but his body is clearly not capable of carrying him for an entire half, never mind an entire match.

Having said that, Felix likes to start three defensive mids AT HOME, so barring the resurrection of Boateng, we'll probably see Diarra out there on crutches if Sidwell's hurt.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlexH

If Karagounis and Diarra were five years younger then we'd have a quality midfield.

Except they wouldn't be with us.

We know Parker and Sidwell aren't great together in a two leaving us with three options:
- Stick Diarra out there again and pray he gets through the match.
- Bring back Boateng
- Try Kasami in a holding-role

It's a shame we didn't keep Baird. He'd have done a decent job in there.

the nutflush

Quote from: AlexH on April 28, 2014, 07:26:28 PM
If Karagounis and Diarra were five years younger then we'd have a quality midfield.

Except they wouldn't be with us.

We know Parker and Sidwell aren't great together in a two leaving us with three options:
- Stick Diarra out there again and pray he gets through the match.
- Bring back Boateng
- Try Kasami in a holding-role

It's a shame we didn't keep Baird. He'd have done a decent job in there.

I harped on about it for weeks when we let go of Bairdinho.  Shocking decision.  One of the few fighters we would have had in our squad.  Amazing how many good players were let go of by Martin Jol.  It shows he was a really hopeless man manager to lose so many.  It was obvious very few liked him.  If I ever saw Jol in the street I would let him have it.  The worst thing that could ever have happened to Fulham was Martin Jol.  I can't control my rage over it I really can't.