https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Bent

Started by Macedo, April 18, 2014, 06:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: ross_bamping on April 18, 2014, 06:33:59 PM
Quote from: Admin on April 18, 2014, 02:49:23 PM
I've been feeling it in my water for ages that Bent will have some type of impact, or say about this season before it's out. Thought it might have been against Norwich, but if he gets on, I can honestly see him getting us an important goal, or 2. If anything, it'll end up being him, not the Greek that saves our season!

You can't really blame Bent, he was bought unfit, and was a typical Jol signing. Unfortunately for him, he's not the type of player that tracks back and defends, so Magath won't really use him in our current plight. If we was mid-table and free-scoring, then it'd be a different story.   

When did you see Rodallega track back? He works hard, Bent doesn't.

Oh it's you again... I'm sorry, but the club knew exactly who they were buying, and we all knew exactly what player Bent was/is. He's never been hard working in his life, but played correctly, and with the right players round him, he is a proven predatory striker. Unfortunately, he's surplus to requirements because of our current campaign. For the record, he'd also out score your boy Rodallega in any given season.  

ross_bamping

Quote from: Admin on April 18, 2014, 06:57:33 PM
I've been feeling it in my water for ages that Bent will have some type of impact, or say about this season before it's out. Thought it might have been against Norwich, but if he gets on, I can honestly see him getting us an important goal, or 2. If anything, it'll end up being him, not the Greek that saves our season!

You can't really blame Bent, he was bought unfit, and was a typical Jol signing. Unfortunately for him, he's not the type of player that tracks back and defends, so Magath won't really use him in our current plight. If we was mid-table and free-scoring, then it'd be a different story.   

Oh it's you again... I'm sorry, but the club knew exactly who they were buying, and we all knew exactly what player Bent was/is. He's never been hard working in his life, but played correctly, and with the right players round him, he is a proven predatory striker. Unfortunately, he's surplus to requirements because of our current campaign. For the record, he'd also out score your boy Rodallega in any given season.   

How many 1 on 1's has he missed this season, and countless other chances. No evidence showing Bent's importance, only his lack of ability and effort. Why do you all care so much about defending him?!
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

ross_bamping

And Rodallega is 90% of the time useless, but he has given 100% effort recently, and hence why he's in the team. And saying Oh its you again, you could just ignore me.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Admin

Quote from: ross_bamping on April 18, 2014, 07:12:35 PM

How many 1 on 1's has he missed this season, and countless other chances. No evidence showing Bent's importance, only his lack of ability and effort. Why do you all care so much about defending him?!

I'm not defending him, I just don't think he's as lazy and useless and you, and others make him out to be. Yes, he's missed a couple of 1 on 1's, but all forwards do, whats the difference? He was bought unfit, didn't have any match sharpness, was made worse by Jol, then everyone slates him. For a minute, I thought Bent was the guy who went to Villa for 20+ million and banged in 20+ goals a season. Oh, and then there's his international status..

ross_bamping

Quote from: Admin on April 18, 2014, 07:18:27 PM
Quote from: ross_bamping on April 18, 2014, 07:12:35 PM

I'm not defending him, I just don't think he's as lazy and useless and you, and others make him out to be. Yes, he's missed a couple of 1 on 1's, but all forwards do, whats the difference? He was bought unfit, didn't have any match sharpness, was made worse by Jol, then everyone slates him. For a minute, I thought Bent was the guy who went to Villa for 20+ million and banged in 20+ goals a season. Oh, and then there's his international status..

He is lazy, he barely moves when on the pitch. Look at the team now, evidence of higher fitness levels is evident in the whole team, bar a few. He hasn't scored a 1 on 1, and half of his goals have been tap ins. He was in the past, but they would rather loan in Grant Holt than bring him back. He isn't wanted anywhere.

HatterDon

Darren Bent is who he is. As Admin pointed out, given the right situation he can still knock in goals for you. The thing is that he needs to hang on the shoulder of the last defender and react quickly to the killer pass. WE do have 1 or 2 people who can supply that killer pass, but we have nobody on our squad who'll run the diagonals and open defenders up. Ok, we may have, but that's not the Martin Jol way.

Put Darren Bent in an attack with Andrew Johnson, Simon Davies, and Clint Dempsey, and he'd get 15 goals for us. Deprived of workers like those three, all we have is his weakness -- lack of pace, lack of effort.

Don't blame a guy for who he is. Blame the idiots in the front office who thought he'd be just the fellow for us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

hovewhite

this is the worst thing about these boards ,when it gets personal I'll thought out attacks on players,who maybe having problems that we don't know about.
We are all fans of the club and there's nothing wrong with an opinion or two,but don't take it too far!

ross_bamping

Quote from: hovewhite on April 18, 2014, 09:54:07 PM
this is the worst thing about these boards ,when it gets personal I'll thought out attacks on players,who maybe having problems that we don't know about.
We are all fans of the club and there's nothing wrong with an opinion or two,but don't take it too far!

Bent is the problem, end of, the lazy fat useless appalling professional

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: ross_bamping on April 18, 2014, 11:50:46 AM
Bent is a lazy, useless, awful, bad, mind blowing and fat tragedy of a striker and a professional. I hope that he never plays in a Fulham shirt again. Shame on anyone who thinks any different. Magath is using Woodrow and Dembele over Bent for a reason.

Tell us what you really think mate.
;-)

Bronaldinho

Would love it if he came on against Spurs - netted the winner. Especially after the insults some Spurs fans gave him
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Irelands_number1

I've never understood all the criticism of rodallega, people speak of him like a Ruiz we bought from some foreign club! He was bossing it with Wigan before we got him! He's never really had much of a chance with us either.

I love his ethic, I love especially that he cried being taken off! At least it showed he cared and that was before the rest decided that they'd make a go of this!

Forever Fulham

Quote from: ross_bamping on April 19, 2014, 02:12:02 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on April 18, 2014, 09:54:07 PM

Bent is the problem, end of, the lazy fat useless appalling professional
I don't know how you can write this.  You are aware of his record of performance prior to coming to Fulham, yes?  A proven goal scorer.  Shame on this club for not providing him with cast and playing style which has in the past brought forth all those goals.  Shame on Darren for not developing his game to be effective under a different set up.  Some players can effectively adapt and grow their game to thrive under a variety of formations and styles.  Darren doesn't seem to be one of them.  But to call him lazy, fat, and useless?  Not fair. 

ross_bamping

Did Bent feature today, when we needed 2 goals? I don't believe so, and there's a reason for that. Magath has logic, and he realised that Bent would do nothing coming on.