News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else sick of Ya Ya Toure's complaining?

Started by St Eve, April 19, 2014, 03:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

ChesterTheTabby

He has a point...I hate to admit that discrimination is still around, but it is. It is not nearly on the level it once was, and it has been eradicated to a certain extent, but he is most definitely one of the greatest midfielders that I have seen play, and just some of his goals "out of nothing" this year alone have been sensational. He is an absolutely brilliant pro, and Nasri may have a point. If he played for Belgium, Sweden, France, Germany, or England he would have far more recognition than he does as player from the Ivory Coast.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

HatterDon

Well, Yaya hasn't complained to me. It would be nice if you could provide some context so the rest of us could have a clue what you're talking about.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: St Eve on April 19, 2014, 03:42:03 AM
He is a great player but enough already.

no basher, yaya has a right to express his views.

callumc513

He just comes across as arrogant, to be honest. The way he compares himself to Messi is particularly irritating,

Jamie88

What's he been complaining about? I havent heard anything

nose

the thing with ya ya is he is a great player and everyone can see that, but because of the position he plays he really needs to do a bit more off the ball.... i am not saying he is lazy far from it, rather that if he wants to be considered in the class of the absolute all time greats he needs to put in a bit more effort.... that is what i think is the reason he doesn't quite get the plaudits he thinks he deserves. i remeber seeing the great mario kempes once and what astounded me was the ground he covered, and he was a forward.

Pwersonally i am a great fan of yaya and if he wanted to join us i would be in favour.

Putney

Hasn't Toure been constantly praised all season and spoken about as if he's in the top 3 players in the league? I'm yet to see the British media criticise him.

"If you go to any part of Africa now, people will say, 'yes, we know him [Messi]', but when you come to Europe and say 'Yaya Toure' people will say, 'who is that?' Some will say they know my name but not know my face. But they will know Messi's face."

How many people will recognise most footballers faces? He may have a point but he's taken the most extreme case, a footballer who is not only the best in the world but also one of the most marketed. How many people would recognise the other Barcelona starting XI? I'm sure that other world class players like Cavani or Lewandowski 'suffer' from a similar situation to Toure where people would also respond with 'who?' and wouldn't recognise them.

chiefo

Quote from: St Eve on April 19, 2014, 03:42:03 AM
He is a great player but enough already.

Same and bloody tiring for me. So if he doesn't win it its because he's black / African is it! And if he does win, will that leave it open for the allegation he only won it because he's black / African!  No pressure there now.

tslyon

For those asking about the story, it is on BBC.  In the story,  Toure states he is not highly regarded because he is African.

St Eve

Quote from: HatterDon on April 19, 2014, 04:25:29 AM
Well, Yaya hasn't complained to me. It would be nice if you could provide some context so the rest of us could have a clue what you're talking about.
let me make it real easy for you. Go to the BBC web site or read any British newspaper - the sports section

Humbled

Was it Yaya who made the comment or Nasri speaking of Yaya?
I haven't read it personally.

St Eve

Humbled

Sometimes being media famous is more important to some people.
The papers and television will pick and choose who they want to ridicule or praise.
U only have to listen to ANY commentary to witness that.
Boxing especially. I watch a lot of boxing and if u want to witness a fair fight 90% of the time u must mute the tv.
What players need to realise is people that now football know and respect quality. Being media famous might push u into advertising and even win u individual trophies but football is a team game and u earn enough without all them Pepsi adverts.

Deanothefulhamfan

Yaya toure has been outstanding this season.... I think he has a point, but I don't think he needs to go public about it.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on April 19, 2014, 03:04:25 PM
Yaya toure has been outstanding this season.... I think he has a point, but I don't think he needs to go public about it.

I'm not sure he does have a point.  He has been very good, and everyone has been saying he has been very good.
But he's not got the class or quality of the players he's comparing (or being compared) to.  Xavi and Iniesta have been behind the most successful club and national side in recent years.  Messi and Ronaldo are going to go down as two of the best players ever.

Some players are marketable too.  Messi and Ronaldo score goals by the absolute bucketload, that's an easy sell.  Iniesta scored the goal that won the world cup, that sells itself.  Xavi is iconic.  Yaya uses brute force over guile (not to say he hasn't got good technique), that's no longer that marketable to a wide audience.

HatterDon

Quote from: St Eve on April 19, 2014, 12:45:04 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 19, 2014, 04:25:29 AM
let me make it real easy for you. Go to the BBC web site or read any British newspaper - the sports section

And that, my friend, is context
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

No, I am not fed up with him and yes, he has a valid point.

aaronmcguigan

As long as he gets recognition from his fans, his teammates and colleagues, why bother with this ?
He says Eto'o and Drogba have suffered the same too, but they havent complained. Yaya drifts in and out of games, dips in form at the wrong time, and for a central midfielder, you just cant do that to be considered the best and be so boisterous about it

Twig

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on April 19, 2014, 04:47:58 PM
As long as he gets recognition from his fans, his teammates and colleagues, why bother with this ?
He says Eto'o and Drogba have suffered the same too, but they havent complained. Yaya drifts in and out of games, dips in form at the wrong time, and for a central midfielder, you just cant do that to be considered the and be so boisterous about it

Actually, I think that it was Nasri made the original point rather than Toure.  But it is an important point,  questioning whether African players get the recognition they deserev.