watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting to look bad again

Started by Blanco, April 19, 2014, 05:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

After the Villa & Norwich games everything looked great. I went into the Spurs game today expecting a draw because of how Fulham were doing and how shaky Spurs are lately. Cardiff got a point today so go above us on GD. To those who say we have winnable fixtures left I'm not so sure. Hull at home. We lost 6-0 to them away. Will that affect the morale of both sides? We should win though. Have to. Then we have Stoke away. I dunno about you guys but I don't think we'll get anything from that game. Very, very tough place to go. Spurs will have been an easier game IMO. Then, Palace at home on the last day... What can I say... They have won 5 games in a row which is unbelievable. I don't think we'll get anything from that game either. The whole idea of nothing to play for is balls. Look at Spurs today against us. Palace against West Ham. Load of tosh. They would love to send us down.

Basically to have any chance of survival we need Cardiff, Sunderland & Norwich to lose ALL of their remaining fixtures because I can't see us getting more than 4 points. 5 at most.

I hope I'm wrong.

Robbie

Nobody really believed we were going to get anything today?  (last year was a very lucky win).

Robbie

It was always about the last three games .... and they are all winnable. Holtby will be back. We have two at home. All three other sides are now safe.  It is do-able.

PokerMatt

Of course our home games are winnable.

Put it this way, I'd rather Hull and Palace at home to come than Liverpool or City.

If we win those two then we'll survive, I'm pretty confident of that. Of course we can do it.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

ChesterTheTabby

Blanco, I agree with much of what you say on this forum. You are a well informed and intelligent supporter, and because of this my good fellow, you are speaking as a reasonable and logical human being. Someone who sees the statistical patterns of how this season has unfolded, who has witnessed our lackluster (to be nice) excuse for defending, and from doing so sees almost certain defeats in our near future. This could all more than likely happen, and it will have been a nice 13 years in the top flight. I am going to say that we will beat Hull, beat Stoke, and draw Palace to stay in the Premier League. 1-0 win, 0-1 win, and 1-1 draw. How can I say this? Well because I have drunk from the chalice of optimism/insanity, and feel it better to make outlandish comments of victory rather than accepting the realistic view shared by many. But at the end of the day, regardless of happens, my heart belongs to Fulham. Conference, League 2, 1, champ, or prem.

I also hope you are wrong :)
*gesturing with chalice*, "want a sip?"

-Mike

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Robbie

We have three FA Cup finals against opposition that probably doesn't care too much.  Do-able !

leonffc

We played ok today - certainly better than we did against Norwich - we were just a bit sloppy in the final third.
As for the defending, Eriksons deliveries were first class so I'm not too down beat

Twig

Quote from: maoconnor on April 19, 2014, 05:29:12 PM
Blanco, I agree with much of what you say on this forum. You are a well informed and intelligent supporter, and because of this my good fellow, you are speaking as a reasonable and logical human being. Someone who sees the statistical patterns of how this season has unfolded, who has witnessed our lackluster (to be nice) excuse for defending, and from doing so sees almost certain defeats in our near future. This could all more than likely happen, and it will have been a nice 13 years in the top flight. I am going to say that we will beat Hull, beat Stoke, and draw Palace to stay in the Premier League. 1-0 win, 0-1 win, and 1-1 draw. How can I say this? Well because I have drunk from the chalice of optimism/insanity, and feel it better to make outlandish comments of victory rather than accepting the realistic view shared by many. But at the end of the day, regardless of happens, my heart belongs to Fulham. Conference, League 2, 1, champ, or prem.

I also hope you are wrong :)
*gesturing with chalice*, "want a sip?"

-Mike

Could you pop round to our place with that Chalice?

Macedo

Fulham 3 v Hull 0
Stoke 0 v Fulham 0
Fulham 2 v Palace 1 (the greek scores winner after coming off bench)
37 points.

COYW..

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel