News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

worst signing of the season? All prem teams included.

Started by nose, April 20, 2014, 11:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on April 21, 2014, 10:14:27 AM
Taarabt didnt get a chance, hes doing very well for milan now,
suprised no one has said zverotic
that's why he is up there. got a chance, did nothing and was shipped out
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

This thread is a week or so too early.

If Mitroglou comes into the team on Saturday and scores a hat trick in each of the three remaining games then that would remove him from the contenders list for worst buy of the season.

Let me enjoy a wild dream or two before the final nails go into our coffin.

David Allen Crankshaw

I think there is little doubt that even if Mitroglou fails to play again for us this season he will be playing for Greece in the World Cup.

leonffc

Quote from: fulham traveller on April 21, 2014, 09:37:15 AM
he cant be a bad signing because he has not played, to me it goes to fellani

So on that basis Jari Littmanen should be in the hall of fame

RidgeRider

Van Wolfswinkel seems to be the most out of place here in the league.

Osvaldo scored 3 goals but was a disaster as some had predicted. At least they found a club to take him on loan but selling him will be interesting. Glad we didn't get this train wreck.

Ozil is coming back from injury and for his transfer fee has done very little for the pounds spent.

Fellaini though has only made 15 appearances with a fee of 27.5M pounds.....

You can make a case for any of these players but RVW is the most out of his depth in this league, but Fellaini has done the least for his transfer fee (value).

I would vote for Fellaini just in terms of ROI.

Craven Mad

VanWolf has not be great, but he's also been horribly unlucky. He's not slotted in yet, but I get the feeling (once luck and confidence come round) he'll be a perfectly acceptable CF for Norwich.

Fellaini, for me, has been the biggest flop; large price-tag, limited appearances, has not in anyway been the Scholes-replacement Utd needed, has unsettled the spine of Utd, has not got the excuses of "settling into England" of other transfers, and typifies the embarrassment of Moyes' season. Considering he cost Utd more than Yaya cost City, it's abysmal..

timmyg

Granted these could all come good but:

Iago Aspas
Jovetic (£22m!)
Dwight Gayle (been injured but still--£8.5m!)
Erik Lamela (£30m!)
Anelka (okay he's not coming good)
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

mccscratch

Stunned nobody has mentioned Altidore...

Sunderland are crap but they bought him for 10 million and he came in with nearly identical Dutch league stats as Wilfried Bony...Bony has scored 20+... Altidore has 2 in all comps...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

premFlem

Desperately fighting relegation and needing a goalscorer we spent 12 mil on a injured player who's played a matter of minutes for us, now we stand on the edge of the abyss....honestly what could be worse than this.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: mccscratch on April 21, 2014, 04:15:35 PM

Sunderland are crap but they bought him for 10 million and he came in with nearly identical Dutch league stats as Wilfried Bony...Bony has scored 20+... Altidore has 2 in all comps...

I want Freddy (much) Adu to come over here. See if he is as good as he was supposed to be!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

kevin

BarryP

Quote from: kevin on April 23, 2014, 10:51:49 PM
Dempsey , Soldado , Felaini Van Wolfswinkel

United signing Fellani gets my vote for the monetary investment and missing so badly at position United deemed key for this season.

I don't think Dempsey was even Fulham's worst signing of the season since it was a short term loan that Fulham hoped to get any kind of impact from and not a key signing for the season.    
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

The Rock

This thread is a joke. Who spent more than 12m on a player who played less than 90 mins combined:

(Fill in blank - am searching for someone who was more a waste than Mitro)

Snibbo

Quote from: The Rock on April 23, 2014, 11:47:43 PM
This thread is a joke. Who spent more than 12m on a player who played less than 90 mins combined:

(Fill in blank - am searching for someone who was more a waste than Mitro)
Agreed. Pound for pound, he must be, to date, the worst value. High cost, zero impact, in a situation which is critical for his club.

YankeeJim

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 21, 2014, 04:54:57 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on April 21, 2014, 04:15:35 PM

I want Freddy (much) Adu to come over here. See if he is as good as he was supposed to be!

079.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Forever Fulham

Not sure if Altidore's lack of production is entirely his fault at that club...  But I'm not going to defend him.  RVW has turned into a bust, and I, for one, wanted his jersey, just to see his last name stretched from one elbow to the other.   :021: No, to me the biggest disappointment has to be Osvaldo.  He's a whiner and his attitude stinks.  He couldn't adjust to the more physical run-centric English style, and instead of trying his best to adapt, he sulked.  Good riddance.  To think I wanted him at Fulham. 

If we flipped this around, and made it Worst Club Executive in the League, would you vote for Ali Mac?

mikeyffc28

Picking up on a few of the worst higher value transfers:

Mitro - £12m for diddly squat in return so far - right when we needed someone to bang them in for us.

Ozil £42m - the hype that went with his signing, and has failed to live up to my expectations, certainly based on that price tag.

Fellaini £27m - forgot he even existed.  A real shame as he was doing great at Everton.

Soldado  £26m - just not as effective enough to justify that price.

Worst Loan signing has to be Dempsey to us, he wasted a space on the pitch.

Pluto

Mitroglou, Cornelius or Lamela for me. They have all not played or been abysmal when they have.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulham traveller on April 21, 2014, 09:37:15 AM
he cant be a bad signing because he has not played, to me it goes to fellani

Depends for what he is signed.

For us, he was signed to get us out of the very deep smelly stuff MJ left us in, and therefore, as he hasn't played more than a full game for us, he is the worst signing. Had he managed a couple of games, we could have actually seen his play effort and style, but alas, we purchased a sick note as far as this season is concerned.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

This kind of thread is designed to solicit opinions. With that in mind, how can anyone's opinion be wrong? Unless of course, he really means one thing when he types something else tirely.

If you choose player B and somebody else chooses player C, certainly your choice implies that you disagree with everyone who chose a different player. It seems redundant and kind of churlish to comment negatively about the guy who chose player C.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel