News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

worst signing of the season? All prem teams included.

Started by nose, April 20, 2014, 11:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1999

Fellaini based on fee and wages..aspas for liverpool was a poor buy to.

aaronmcguigan

Van Wolfswinkel/Elmander Norwich
Altidore Sunderland
Rat/Johnson West Ham
Fellaini Man United
Mitroglou Fulham
Osvaldo Southampton
Graham Hull
Soldado Tottenham

FPT

I'm expecting a few Mitroglou's...

I'm going to have to go for Marouane Fellaini - Sheer awfulness costing near to £30m. If people are going to say Mitroglou, you're going to have to say Stevan Jovetic too... Played just 15 games this season.

Roberto Soldado has to also be in there. Another big money signing, that hasn't adapted to the Premier League.

Iago Aspas for near to £8m is pretty bad aswell, and god knows what made Steve Clarke pay £6m for Victor Anichebe.

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel has been very bad. That was something like £9m, and didn't Southampton pay £15m for Pablo Osvaldo? Sorry Americans, but sticking with strikers, Jozy Altidore has been poor, another considerable sum of money.

Andreas Cornelius cost Cardiff £8.5m, played 8 games, scored no goals, and is no back to Copenhagen with Cardiff admitting they lost most of their money that they spent on him.

Dwight Gayle cost Palace an absolute £6m with the possibility of add ons going up to £15m... The lad had one season in the Championship.

Mostly money based.

I think it's going to have to go to Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, followed by Fellaini and then Soldado.

Sgt Fulham

valdeingruo

Ovaldo for me, followed by Fellani. Osvaldo is such a player and if he had put forth some effort with Southampton im fairly sure he would be close to top of the charts.

His attitude stinks.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Snibbo

Got to be Mitroglou at this stage. The other contenders have at least played more than a handful of minutes. Unless he comes back next week and scores the winner in the remaining games, it will prove to be the biggest mistake in Fulham's history I believe. A decent, fit striker from Jan onwards would probably have seen us now with an extra 6-10 points. Not Kostas's fault - a huge management balls-up.

HatterDon

If this question was asked on the boards of any of the other 19 clubs, Mitroglou wouldn't get a single mention.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Aaron

Quote from: HatterDon on April 21, 2014, 02:19:04 AM
If this question was asked on the boards of any of the other 19 clubs, Mitroglou wouldn't get a single mention.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse though..

The other names (for the most part) being mentioned here have tried and failed, nobody knows who Mitroglou is because he hasn't featured at all.  If you couple this with the amount of money spent on him in relative terms (i.e. £12m to us is £80m to Man City) and the circumstances with which he was brought in, then it's hard to argue with this being anything other than an abysmal signing.

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel sticks out for me in the rest of the league.

premFlem

Why do you think that is?
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Snibbo

Deanothefulhamfan

Mitro has to be a contender, but not due to his abillity....

I think Osvaldo would be my worst pick, he had chances and was terrible, and had a huge price tag that came with him.

nose

i agree, and that is why kostas is by a country mile the worst signing IMO.

I do not agree that it wasn't his fault. I am far more cynical than many and believe kostas and his team in greece knew exactly what they were doing. For a player of his supposed ability the timing of his transfer was always very suspicious.

Not to play more than a hnadful of minutes, and manage an hour for greece, the whole think stinks, I am afraid to say. The fact our management were duped is a separate matter.

Anyway, que sera sera, at least we currently have a team that looks committed and is at last really trying hard to make a fight of it.

fulham traveller

he cant be a bad signing because he has not played, to me it goes to fellani

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

fulhamben

surely our worst signing has to Dempsey or tarrabt.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Ozil has to be up there. £47 Million, crocked and nowhere as good as he was at Real. Seen as the saviour of Arse-anal but, to me, hasn't fulfilled the prophecy.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

fulhamben

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 21, 2014, 09:47:17 AM
Ozil has to be up there. £47 Million, crocked and nowhere as good as he was at Real. Seen as the saviour of Arse-anal but, to me, hasn't fulfilled the prophecy.
good shout, doesn't look any better than whiltshere ramsey or oxlaid
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Taarabt didnt get a chance, hes doing very well for milan now,
suprised no one has said zverotic
STH H3