watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Athletico Madrid Kit

Started by terryr, April 22, 2014, 08:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

They are sponsored by Azerbaijan ( the country) and they have the English slogan " Land of Fire"
People don't speak English in Azerbaijan
People don't speak English in Spain.
Now , let me get this straight:
On Spanish TV the slogan is pretty much meaningless to viewers
On Azerbaijan TV the slogan is pretty much meaningless.
Is it designed for the once in a blue moon game against an English team?
Does this make you want to book your holidays there to find out what all this "Land of Fire" stuff is about?
I may be  being a bit Master of the Mundane but I find this odd.........
1500.gif

Rhys Lightning 63

Athletico Madrid have never been simple with sponsors. I remember back around 2005, they changed their sponsor each month and it was the logo of the latest film that was out (Spiderman, 300 etc)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

General

Quote from: TerryR on April 22, 2014, 08:35:33 PM
They are sponsored by Azerbaijan ( the country) and they have the English slogan " Land of Fire"
People don't speak English in Azerbaijan
People don't speak English in Spain.
Now , let me get this straight:
On Spanish TV the slogan is pretty much meaningless to viewers
On Azerbaijan TV the slogan is pretty much meaningless.
Is it designed for the once in a blue moon game against an English team?
Does this make you want to book your holidays there to find out what all this "Land of Fire" stuff is about?
I may be  being a bit Master of the Mundane but I find this odd.........
1500.gif

The sport is global and English is a global language.. There is more going for them by putting it in English. Quite straight forward.

RidgeRider

I was in Bangkok in 2012 and I noticed that nearly every billboard was in English, with native Thai below it. I was also a bit stunned that the majority of the models being photo'd for the billboards Ads, regardless of the product or company being promoted, were Euro/Anglo people. English is the world language now so I'm not surprised anymore when I see things like that.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 22, 2014, 08:42:12 PM
Athletico Madrid have never been simple with sponsors. I remember back around 2005, they changed their sponsor each month and it was the logo of the latest film that was out (Spiderman, 300 etc)

The Spiderman kit is probably the best kit to have ever graced football.

But back to the current kit, IT HAS "LAND OF FIRE" ON IT!!  If you could legitimately have that on your kit why wouldn't you?

Airfix

The slogan will, doubtless, be a trademarked phrase and property of the Azerbaijani tourist authority.  That it is shown in English on a Spanish team's kit will not be anything that Atletico can change.

bill taylors apprentice

In the world of modern marketing its all pretty simple, its not rocket science.