watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amalfitano?

Started by DiceMan, April 23, 2014, 12:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceMan

I'm curious what the general feeling is from you guys and gals about Amalfitano. Should we make a bid for him if West Brom go down? I like his style the more I see him play. He's got skill on the ball, is quick and hard working. Puts in some really nice crosses too. In my opinion he's one of West Brom's best players.

FPT

He plays for Marseille, and from what I've read, they'll be appointing Marcelo Bielsa who plans to keep him there.

Also, he's 29. I'd be all for it if he was in the 20-26 age bracket, but do we need/want another guy that'll turn 30 whilst he's here.

valdeingruo

Also, though realistically 8 clubs could potentially go down, we arent out of it yet.

Agree with the other poster, if we are to revamp our squad i would prefer a bit younger of a player.

8 clubs being 9 points to play for and anyone from 12 down tanking their season with results.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Humbled

already turned us down once.........

Black, White and Fred

Nice profile pic DiceMan
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

DiceMan

Good points. I didn't know he was that old, nor that someone smarter than me at Fulham already had their eye on him.

Thanks Fred!  082.gif

Bronaldinho

Yes, but on the other hand he's old.

Rather take Fer/Redmond/Snodgrass if Norwich go down
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 23, 2014, 08:55:31 AM

First two I agree with. I'd despise Snodgrass in a Fulham shirt.

King_Crud

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 23, 2014, 09:20:56 AM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 23, 2014, 08:55:31 AM

First two I agree with. I'd despise Snodgrass in a Fulham shirt.

Redmond has a face I want to slap, can't warm to the guy

filham

Go down or stay up, if I was chairman of Fulham I would be looking for a big reduction of players to reduce our wages bill before any new players were signed.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on April 23, 2014, 02:52:35 PM
Go down or stay up, if I was chairman of Fulham I would be looking for a big reduction of players to reduce our wages bill before any new players were signed.

? If you take away our youth players, and now minus berba possibly Ruiz sidwell and heitinga and our loans then our squad is tiny. We won't be able to reduce wages much more or we will finish bottom of the championship if we go down
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

eloc

amalfitano is a decent player, but his age worries me, particularly as a winger. he has a pass success rate (77.6%) which lands him 184th in the leauge amongst players with 10 or more apperances. kieran is a couple points higher. this is worrysome. this is due however to his high cross rate, at 1.7 successful crosses/ game. he has a pretty good key pass rate (passes that lead to a shot on goal by a teammate) at 1.6/game which is 26th. he would do well i think for the team for maybe a year, before i think what speed he has fades away.