watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea - Weakened Team (Merged)

Started by nose, April 23, 2014, 12:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

the special one is threataning to play a weakened team V liverpool.

This is very bad for us. if he has lost interest in the prem because of the chhampions league it will impact on games they and man city play against our rivals.

this isn't the one off like when we played liverpool, this will have a much wider effect on the 'race' for relegation. and the liverpool team wasn't advertised as weakened by the manager, he just said it was rotation and a chance for others to show what they can do!

The least one expects is that all the teams compete.

Northern Cottager

Mourinho is a muppet. If he does play a weakened team it's so he has an excuse when they get beat and don't win the league, never mind win the Champions League. Why are Man City involved though? They're out of the Champions League and they'll want to finish 2nd at least.

nose

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 23, 2014, 12:02:07 PM
Mourinho is a muppet. If he does play a weakened team it's so he has an excuse when they get beat and don't win the league, never mind win the Champions League. Why are Man City involved though? They're out of the Champions League and they'll want to finish 2nd at least.

Maybe you are right about man city but I was thinking if chelsea gift liverpool the points then it will be virtually impossible for city to win the title and then they may just take their foot off the pedal a bit.

My concern is how it affects us and I want these teams to do the necessary against our rivals.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Shows a lot about the club really....

F*** 'em, hope the FA throw the book at them and they get creamed by Athletico.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Basil

If they lose to Liverpool and then Norwich then Arsenal pass them for 3rd which they won't want.

Slaphead in Qatar

He won't play a weakened team. Its just mind games.

grandad

The players he would bring in to weaken his side would walk into our team any time.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Max Headroom

gamesmanship...... mind you putting a game like Chelsea v Liverpool two days before the Champions League semi final is complete madness by the FA

Every year someone gets an advantage due to teams being in cup competitions. Hopefully we will get an advantage this saturday from Hull being more focused on the FA cup final...

God The Mechanic

By weakened side I can only assume it means he won't be playing all fourteen defensive holding players, which I'd be happy about.  May actually make watching the game half worthwhile...

Only Me

Any one worried he might do the same v Norwich. ?  :023:

Mokes

If Chelsea lose to Liverpool do you think Roman will allow them to lose three straight? Especially to likes of Sunderland and Norwich. His ego is as big as his yacht. It will be a win at all costs game to save embarrassment if nothing else.

ffc73

Worried? No because there is nothing we can do about what others do or don't do

We also benefited from Liverpool resting players for a Champions League final so cannot complain

It was always a possibility that Chelsea & Arsenal field weaker teams if the races for the title & 4th are over and they want to focus on the Champions League & FA Cup

YoungsBitter

Its mind games and he has two issues injury wise anyway with Cech and Terry and our old hero Schwartzer is getting to play in Champions League and make mistakes to gift the game to Sunderland so Mo is getting his excuses in early...
Quark, strangeness and charm

David Allen Crankshaw

If they reach the Champions League Final does that mean he will play a weakened team in their last league match against Cardiff?

RidgeRider

Does anyone know the difference in money paid to the teams that finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the Prem this season?

Admin

Once again, if we go out and win all 3 of our game, it won't matter one bit what the filth down the road do.

Wingnut

JM playing mind games me-thinks. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that he is going to give Liverpool an easy three points.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FPT

Let's be honest, a weakened team for Chelsea is still:

Schwarzer
Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Cole
Matic Lampard
Salah Oscar Schurrle
Ba

It may not be enough to beat Liverpool, but likely good enough to beat Norwich and other lower teams. Plus, it'll only be weakened this weekend because of the second leg, or he may tinker (but not fully change), each week to keep everybody fresh.

sunburywhite

Mourinho mind games

He will turn up with the strongest side he can field
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Wingnut on April 23, 2014, 06:59:15 PM
JM playing mind games me-thinks. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that he is going to give Liverpool an easy three points.

Last night's injuries will help Cardiff and Norwich.  Apart from our centrebacks, there's no better centreback to help break a striker's drought than Luiz !  Bad news.  A strong and motivated Chelsea is the best friend we have at the moment.