13. Ukraine's Premier League - 2,998,771
14. France's Ligue Deux - 2,664,940
15. England's League Two - 2,422,728
16. Belgium's Pro League - 2,387,167
17. Portugal's Liga Portuguesa - 2,352,795
18. Germany's Bundesliga 3 - 2,340,800
19. Scotland's Scottish Premiership - 2,284,997
20. Italy's Serie B - 2,239,314

Very promising results for English football, though extraneous factors cause differences, for instance, Wolves in League One and Portsmouth in League Two.

Also, the financial issues in Spain price many supports out, as well as Spanish away support not issued properly, meaning away sides may only get 300 tickets.

The same financial issues applies in Italy, as well as the disarray of the game. Though Italian football is on it's way back.

It's nice to beat the German's especially considering their notorious cheap tickets... Imagine if it was like that in England, we'd blow them out of the water!

God The Mechanic

The Bundesliga only has 18 teams though, so if you divide the totals by the number of teams they're ahead of the PL.

But yeah, it is good to see people are still going to games - which is contrary to the fears of the effects that online streaming would have on the game.

HatterDon

another factor is the fact that the Europe-wide economic meltdown is felt less in Germany and England than elsewhere.

As for serieA, I don't watch matches in that league, but it seems that in every highlight I see, the ground looks about 75% empty -- except in Milan, of course.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

God The Mechanic

Quote from: HatterDon on April 23, 2014, 04:36:20 PM
another factor is the fact that the Europe-wide economic meltdown is felt less in Germany and England than elsewhere.

As for serieA, I don't watch matches in that league, but it seems that in every highlight I see, the ground looks about 75% empty -- except in Milan, of course.

There was a club in Italy that covered one of their stands in a tarp with painted fans on it, was absolutely magical!

I also think the quality of stadia in Italy is worse than in both Germany and England, even comparing top tier Italian teams to second division and lower ones in Germany and England.

MasterHaynes

the question then is how to French, Italian, Dutchand especially Belgian & Turkish teams pay the huge salaries to these players that English clubs have pay to secure their services? The clubs do not receieve anywhere near the level of TV and advertising levels(except for a handful of exceptions) of the premier teams so must all be breaking EUFA financial rules unless...the players earn a lot less and premier clubs are buying the agents spin on how much the player is earning and what it will take to bring hom to England.

HillingdonFFC

That's an overall figure,I'm pretty sure in terms of match day average attendances the Bundesliga blows the EPL out of the water. Think its something like 45,000 to our 36,000 ?.
Dortmund draw the highest crowds in Europe, even some of the less well known clubs draw massive gates

General

I hate how simple statistics are made to look nowadays.. What on earth is wrong about being honest from the start.

Yes this shows the overall numbers and as we all know the championship has always been well supported as financially speaking is apparently the fourth biggest league. The pound is also a lot stronger than all those currencies, i don't know about the tax situation though. I want to see based on amount of teams etc..

I remember seeing the Greek league when we were in for mitroglu and most stadia didn't hold more than 5-10,000 in their top league.

As for fans i think Germany has the best numbers and wish we would do more to get in line with that. They seem more passionate and fanatical then our fans too.