watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Hull City

Started by terryr, April 24, 2014, 11:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

There is very little on their boards being as they are, fixated on the FA cup final.
Here is what little I found. Barring an unlikely explosion of interest on their boards I probably wont update this one.
049:gif

"Am I the only one with anxiety about our premier league run in. I just feel whatever good we do in a season we always in the end do things the hard way, never simple.
We really need to win at Fulham"

" Said it before Arsenal and I was mocked but I don't think we'll get another point"

" I don't think we'll need to but I think we will. Fulham and Villa are both too poor for us not to get a draw at least. "

" We need a point at Fulham. If we avoid defeat, they can't catch us and if Cardiff lose at Sunderland neither can they. If it's a draw, Cardiff would have to beat Newcastle (A) and Chelsea (H) to pass us, while if the beat Sunderland, the Wearsiders would need at least 7pts from 9 to pass us. Norwich need to take 5 points from Man U (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H) to overtake us. That's if we don't get any more points this season! West Brom still in trouble and Villa still below us and I fancy a point there. Stop panicking - we will be fine.  "

" I hope we get a point or three at Fulham and I think that'll be enough. We're in big trouble if we go down. "

"I'm quietly confident that we are ok....but a point or three this weekend will make me relax. We are a good team and with 2-3 additions will be better next year. But Steve Bruce has to stay. "

"  A point at Fulham would do it. It would leave Fulham unable to catch us, and Norwich won't get near 37, and the loser of Sunderland v Cardiff will be deep in it (or both if they draw).
Things could look much rosier for Sunderland after the weekend if they can win and we can give them a hand. "

" gordon gopher, what is it with you lot? five more points minimum. nothing to worry about. at least three teams won't reach our current points tally. don't panic."

"I do agree with you, the problem is that as the season plods along we see very strange results. Take Chelski for example, who would have believed a month ago that they would lose to Palace & Sun'lan? Also last weekends results didn't really go in our favour too much! "

" I'm nervy too.
Been saying for a long while, there's more twists still to come (as SB famously said).
We should be safe, but it's far from certain.
Who the heck expected Sunderland to beat Chelsea?
If we lose on Saturday and other results go the wrong way, which they could, then it suddenly looks a whole lot different.
It's incredible how slim the gap is between success and failure.
Even one point on Saturday would be welcome and may well do it. Would be nice to get all 3 then we can for once relax over the final few games (before Wembley of course). "

" Was relaxed a few weeks ago but must admit that other teams results getting my attention more and more now..Need 110% effort v Fulham then perhaps we really can look forward to the final "

" One point will do it. Definitely.
No points probably will as well. "

" I'm perplexed at the notion of a "neutral" section. What the f**k does this mean, exactly? People who support neither team? People who support both? People from Switzerland? "

" Tourists, generally. "

" I'd be really surprised if we did sell out, though - between the expense of the cup semi and final, I reckon a lot of people will be opting out of this one. "

" This is a very much different team to the one we beat 6-0. This is one on its uppers ,that finally believes it can stay up. This is one with the belief now that they can and should beat us at home, and I'd happily take a point because I can see them winning this. Man U is currently my main hope for 3 points out of our remaining games. "

" Agree with that, it certainly looks the easiest game we have remaining, possibly Villa as well they look toothless.
A point at Fulham and I'd be thrilled as that as good as puts us clear of both them and Cardiff."

Full Ham
Right, I'm not bothered about what City are gonna do, I've started this thread because I want a ticket. Anyone?"

"I've just ordered some for the Neutral area Rioch. Still plenty in there. Apparently this is perfectly acceptable at Fulham. You just need to register then order through the Fulham website. Does anyone know if we got 1800 or 3000 as our allocation? I'm presuming 1800 unless there are a poo load taking advantage of the kids for a quid offer. "

" I was in the neutral section for the night game when Manucho bagged. Japs Japs Japs.
It won't sell out. The wife's sister paid a tenner on the gate the last time we were there."

rusty shackleford

Their run in is difficult. They will probably be playing for a point cause i cant really see them getting anything v United or Everton, and Villa is a 50/50

PokerMatt

Thanks as always Terry.

They don't seem to much care, but I don't expect the same from the players with an FA Cup final place to play for. I sense another nervy 1-0 either way as per Norwich.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

leonffc

" I was in the neutral section for the night game when Manucho bagged. Japs Japs Japs.
It won't sell out. The wife's sister paid a tenner on the gate the last time we were there."

I remember it well. When our fans let out a "WWWHHHHOOOOOOOOOO??" when Manucho lumbered off the bench. I just knew he was going to score!!
Although the blokes wifes sister probably got in for a tenner because it was a miserable Tuesday night (thinking I remember it well anyway)

glenhodgso

Quote from: leonffc on April 24, 2014, 11:49:51 AM

I remember it well. When our fans let out a "WWWHHHHOOOOOOOOOO??" when Manucho lumbered off the bench. I just knew he was going to score!!
Although the blokes wifes sister probably got in for a tenner because it was a miserable Tuesday night (thinking I remember it well anyway)

I had just about blanked that match from my memory - 5 years ago - horribly wet night, 94th minute goal - Phil Brown running on the pitch - and if I am not mistaken, we were utterly robbed by the poorest referee ever - here's a link to The Guardian match report - I have never seen a referee slated so much by the media for a non top 4 team...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/mar/04/fulham-hull-city-premier-league

Back to therapy for me.....

Burt

Quote from: glenhodgso on April 24, 2014, 12:26:04 PM
Quote from: leonffc on April 24, 2014, 11:49:51 AM

I had just about blanked that match from my memory - 5 years ago - horribly wet night, 94th minute goal - Phil Brown running on the pitch - and if I am not mistaken, we were utterly robbed by the poorest referee ever - here's a link to The Guardian match report - I have never seen a referee slated so much by the media for a non top 4 team...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/mar/04/fulham-hull-city-premier-league

Back to therapy for me.....

Awful match. We battered them for 90mins, and they scored in added time with their only decent attack.

MasterHaynes

Lets hope things do indeed balance out and we get decisons in our favour against Hull this time as well as retribution for that awful 6-0 collapse. I can only remember one other refereeing performance as bad and that was Atwell refereeing the Bolton cup tie at home a couple of seasons ago.