watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand development

Started by Riversider, April 25, 2014, 11:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

I write this once more. The delay to doing work was we could not do anything river realted without a licence. We got that in late March 2014. Clear enough for everyone?

MJG

Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 07:08:08 PM
I write this once more. The delay to doing work was we could not do anything river realted without a licence. We got that in late March 2014. Clear enough for everyone?

Baszab

Do you seriously think anyone would invest in a new stand just as our revenues drop by about £30m ?? That would be as stupid as buying an unfit striker who never plays for £12m or taking a loan an unfit player and paying him £40k a week to smoke dope behind the bicycle sheds at MP - no-one is that stupid

Riversider

You keep towing the company line , good for you, but somebody at the club over the next 3 or 4 weeks had better stand up and issue a statement with some clarity and spell it out in black and white as to what's going on !
A positive statement on the stand will put a lot of minds at rest that the club is going to continue pushing forward .

ron

Perhaps the steel needed to be delivered on the field of play since last August. That would have been a better guarantee to get the building started on the Riverside, because it would have been overlooking Premier League football next season........

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on April 26, 2014, 07:36:35 PM
You keep towing the company line , good for you, but somebody at the club over the next 3 or 4 weeks had better stand up and issue a statement with some clarity and spell it out in black and white as to what's going on !
A positive statement on the stand will put a lot of minds at rest that the club is going to continue pushing forward .
they issued the statement about the licence in March..what do you want a weekly blow by blow account?

mullers

To be honest, if the club said that they were going ahead with the stand this summer I'm sure people would have moaned that the team should be the financial priority. We need to rebuild if we stay up and will probably have to spend even if we go down, and although it will be less surely 26,000 will do us in the championship. If the worst comes to pass lay the footings etc. at Christmas when we're ten points clear!

ron

Quote from: mullers on April 26, 2014, 08:14:03 PM
If the worst comes to pass lay the footings etc. at Christmas when we're ten points clear!

...Now that's what I want to hear as antidote to a miserable day !!!   049:gif

PakistaniWhites

why new stand? stadium needs new elegant roofs.

ron

Riversider

So then , now were getting to the crux of the matter (at long last), The Fulham Supporters Trust had a meeting with Club officials last week and they can confirm that the Riverside Development delay has NOTHING to do with materials and NOTHING to do with permissions , but everything to do with our league position,
This won't happen if/when we get relegated and won't happen at all unless we get promoted, 2 years left on the license to start work, if we're not promoted in that time , I'm guessing we will cut our losses and let it expire, unless a very minimal amount of groundwork can be done to let it remain valid,
But these next 4 months ,May to August , are huge for Fulham Football Club and us the supporters, this is the period of time that we get to find out all we need to know about our Chairman, fingers crossed this time next year things are looking a lot rosier.

MJG

Why don't you use the actual quote from the email. The delay has been about permissions.

"Following the final grant of planning permission in July 2013, The Port of London Authority ("PLA") approved the granting of a river works license to FFC for the Riverside Stand development works at the end of March 2014 following a yearlong process of scrutiny. Independently of the PLA approval, FFC successfully quashed a claim for a judicial review of the redevelopment scheme which was thrown out of court at the application stage"

As I wrote earlier they could do nothing without that permission.
The threat of a review had held up the port authority giving permission.

EDIT...So it had EVERYTHING to do with permissions

Riversider

You really should pull your tongue out !
Here's the direct quote,
"With the considerable cost of building the new stand falling either to the owner or via packaged debt financing,the cost/benefit viability of a new stand must be approved prior to any commencing of redevelopment "
End quote.
Make of it what you will , let the apologists try and explain it away, but don't expect to see any changes to the stadium until we return to The Premier League.

MJG

Your quote"the Riverside Development delay has NOTHING to do with materials and NOTHING to do with permissions"
That's what I responded to.
Maybe put your glasses on and read it again.

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on April 30, 2014, 05:59:16 PM
Your quote"the Riverside Development delay has NOTHING to do with materials and NOTHING to do with permissions"
That's what I responded to.
Maybe put your glasses on and read it again.

Which as the quote above testifies , does it not ? Or how do you interpret it ?

MJG

Your saying the delay has nothing to so with permissions. It did, while your saying it didn't.

Peabody

I have to say accusing MJG of being an apologist is way of the Mark. I have read his views over the years and in no way can you say he is in the clubs pockets

GW02

http://www.leisureopportunities.co.uk/detail.cfm?pagetype=detail&subject=news&codeID=309108 Came across this article today. I know in the grand scale of the scheme the tender costs are small, but surely if we were going to scrap this depending on which league we are in we should have already put on hold. An AiP for a river wall would have a few grand against it which seems silly to spend if it's on the basis of Premier league survival

b+w geezer

Steel or no steel, Port of London licence or no licence, renewed commitments to staying at CC notwithstanding.....the real news from the meeting with Fulham Supporters Trust is this:

the club is no longer firmly committed to the Riverside Development. It will only commence under certain conditions.

Many people did wonder if that might be the case, but only now has the club actually said so.

MJG

Quote from: b+w geezer on April 30, 2014, 11:30:52 PM
Steel or no steel, Port of London licence or no licence, renewed commitments to staying at CC notwithstanding.....the real news from the meeting with Fulham Supporters Trust is this:

the club is no longer firmly committed to the Riverside Development. It will only commence under certain conditions.

Many people did wonder if that might be the case, but only now has the club actually said so.
FST put its as the following 'the cost/benefit viability of a new stand must be approved prior to any commencing of redevelopment'
Of course things have changed and we are likely to be in the championship next season.
Its a bit like you planning to build a big extension on your house and then finding out your pay is going to get cut in half...can you still afford it? Or do you plough on as an investment. That's the clubs choice. The last thing we want is something that does not pay its way. Think of it as a Darren Bent signed for ever.
My own view is that the club will make a full decision on going ahead around December/January time. If we are in the championship and doing well I think work would then begin Summer 2015. On the basis it would be finished late 2016. Hopefully halfway through 1st year back in the Prem.