News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think Hugo and the rest of the team are guilty of having an 'Orlando Sa moment

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, April 26, 2014, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Artful Dodger

That and not taking one of at least 3 good chances to make it 3-0 or 3-1 which would have sealed it.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

domprague

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 26, 2014, 05:03:34 PM
Couldn't hold onto the ball in the corner, cost us the game

Spot on. He was never going to score with two defenders on him and no support. So take the corner, keep the pressure on and create a chance that way. Instead, they broke and scored.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: domprague on April 26, 2014, 06:43:51 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 26, 2014, 05:03:34 PM
Couldn't hold onto the ball in the corner, cost us the game

Spot on. He was never going to score with two defenders on him and no support. So take the corner, keep the pressure on and create a chance that way. Instead, they broke and scored.

I'd have almost preferred he blast the ball into The Thames. At least then we'd have been able to box them in from the throw and set the back line
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ron

Playing an open game with the ball flying about from box to box when we were 2-0 up, and in the predicament we are in was nothing short of lunacy. As has been said, playing a slowed possession game would have been better for our ancient legs than what panned out.

Humbled

When we was 2 up we should have had 5. Once they got lucky for their 1st they could have and prob should have won it.  Was a horrible last 15minutes. I am gutted.

domprague

Quote from: Humbled on April 26, 2014, 08:21:31 PM
When we was 2 up we should have had 5. Once they got lucky for their 1st they could have and prob should have won it.  Was a horrible last 15minutes. I am gutted.

I think we all are. The Cottage was buzzing at 2-0 and it was horrible to feel the life sucked out of us when they equalised.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

fulham traveller

cant blame hugo, he tried to win a corner and could easily of done that, poo happens