watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Manager will be and when??

Started by davew, April 26, 2014, 05:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

Why do people keep saying Magath is the right man for the job? He was brought in as a salvage expert who has a long history of spending a ton of money and burning out a year later.

Between that history, his overall tactical mediocrity and no familiarity with the Championship or how to identify players that will play on that kind of budget, it will be time to move on if we go down.

MJG

The argument about no championship experience for Magath requires one word answer....Tigana

Also I think people want to see what he can do with his own people brought in.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Denver Fulham on April 26, 2014, 09:06:34 PM
Why do people keep saying Magath is the right man for the job? He was brought in as a salvage expert who has a long history of spending a ton of money and burning out a year later.

Because we need some stability and he has a better record than Jol and Rene.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: DukeTyrion on April 26, 2014, 09:14:53 PM

That doesn't mean we should keep him to oversee a complete rebuild of the club.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Denver Fulham on April 26, 2014, 09:16:13 PM

It also doesn't mean we should make ourselves even more foolish by making it 4 managers in less than a season.

In the Championship we are unlikely to be able to attract a manager of his calibre, so why not give him a chance to see what he can do with his own team, rather than one he inherited.

Denver Fulham

Because I think this is important to this discussion: There is no need for continuity because there will be no continuity if we go down. 2/3 of the roster will be gone, new players will need to be brought in, and a thorough evaluation of our youth system will need to be undertaken to see how many can contribute for a 44-game league season and hopefully get us back up.

It's a massive undertaking that needs to be thoughtfully considered. With Khan's wallet and the prospects we have, there will be a number of managers interested in our job. If Magath is deemed to be the best choice, so be it, but I doubt that will be the case based on what we need and what we have to offer.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: DukeTyrion on April 26, 2014, 09:23:11 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on April 26, 2014, 09:16:13 PM

It also doesn't mean we should make ourselves even more foolish by making it 4 managers in less than a season.

In the Championship we are unlikely to be able to attract a manager of his calibre, so why not give him a chance to see what he can do with his own team, rather than one he inherited.

This season is sunk cost. It's already butchered. You want the right manager in place going forward, not the one you kept just because it would look bad to can another one.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Denver Fulham on April 26, 2014, 09:26:53 PM
This season is sunk cost. It's already butchered. You want the right manager in place going forward, not the one you kept just because it would look bad to can another one.

First off, I think he is the right manager, as I have stated.

Secondly, if there was a better manager out there, do you think he would take a job at a team that had had 4 managers in less than a season?

PokerMatt

Let's not think about the 2015/16 season yet, please.

We've probably got a season in the Championship to get through first.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 09:09:07 PM
The argument about no championship experience for Magath requires one word answer....Tigana

Tigana is The a Championship exception not the rule.
The similarities between us and Wolves is staggering, Mick Mc Carthy (Martin Jol) to Terry Connor (Rene Meulensteen) Stale Solbakken (Felix Magath) , Solbakken was a disaster in the Championship and they got relegated! And they had a stand being built by The Buckingham Group as they got relegated the same as up.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Magath won the Bundesliga 3 times. If you think he can't handle the championship you're having a laugh.

Pluto

Quote from: Riversider on April 26, 2014, 10:10:12 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 09:09:07 PM

Tigana is The a Championship exception not the rule.
The similarities between us and Wolves is staggering, Mick Mc Carthy (Martin Jol) to Terry Connor (Rene Meulensteen) Stale Solbakken (Felix Magath) , Solbakken was a disaster in the Championship and they got relegated! And they had a stand being built by The Buckingham Group as they got relegated the same as up.

Except they would've stayed up if they'd kept McCarthy, whereas if we'd kept Jol we'd be mathematically relegated a long time ago.

valdeingruo

Felix has said he will stay and he honestly looks like a man of his word.  It will be another random manager, if and when Felix leaves depending if we a) stay up b) go down c) go down but come straight back up
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

David Allen Crankshaw

Felix will be with us next season. I don't want to see anyone else in charge.

Brede Butter Pudding

Magath. He inherited a horrible situation and is doing as best he can. As has been said, he has won the Bundesliga 3 times. He will be able to handle the Championship. I want him to stay in charge and look forward to seeing him with us next season.