watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A draw still gives us a chance

Started by DukeTyrion, April 26, 2014, 05:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

The various forecasts that were done by many over the last week or so seemed to share a common theme. 35 points saw us down, but 37 points saw us staying up.

So, we got a point today, which makes it simple. 2 wins is 37 points and safety, but anything less is relegation. It could not be clearer.

At east we did not lose, because at the final count up, today's point could be crucial.

jarv

Love your optimism. Just where are those 2 wins coming from?  Given another shocker today, schoolboy defending again, Hull could have had 5 but for the woodwork. Sad day indeed, sad season.

Blanco

Optimism is just pointless a now. A bit like Fulham.

Parkway Drive

Agreed, still believing till the end.

PokerMatt

I don't believe now, but there's a shred of hope in there somewhere that the bottom half of the table all get docked points in the next two weeks. Except us, of course.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Nightwind15

Yes! A chance......a snowballs chance in Hell.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

grandad

Shawcross will be banned after picking up 2 yellows.
Where there's a will there's a wife

stevehawkinslidingtackle

DUKE

lets pray sunderland and cardiff draw tomorrow and norwich loses. this might give us a glimmer of hope.Just.

Macedo

Yes one chance..No Chance.
Sad day were gone now..

Baider

Sunderland still have 2 games in hand over us

The script is already written and its our time to go

The Enclosurite

Those predictions were most likely made on the presumption that today was one of our wins though.
¡COYW!

DukeTyrion

Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 26, 2014, 05:49:29 PM
Those predictions were most likely made on the presumption that today was one of our wins though.

The predictions had us staying up with 7 points, and it doesn't really matter where they come from.

St Eve

Well Norwich lost. Sunderland draw tomorrow and lose their game in hand at United. Then it is all down to the last 2 games. We win them and we stay up

The Enclosurite

Quote from: DukeTyrion on April 26, 2014, 08:39:42 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 26, 2014, 05:49:29 PM

The predictions had us staying up with 7 points, and it doesn't really matter where they come from.

No, but if the prediction was *beat Hull, draw with Stoke and beat Palace* then that same prediction would still say draw with Stoke and beat Palace so that would only put us on 35 points which you have said yourself is relegation.

*Most predictions I have seen had this order of results.
¡COYW!

Big Martin Jol

NORWICH (32pts)

Chelsea (A) L
Arsenal (H)L

FULHAM (33pts)

Stoke (A) D
Palace (H) D

CARDIFF (31pts)

Sunderland (A) L
Newcastle (A) D
Chelsea (H) L

SUNDERLAND (32pts)

Cardiff (H) W
Man Utd (A) L
West Brom (H) L
Swansea (H) L

Yeah? Yeah.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Pluto

No way will Sunderland lose those games against West Brom and Swansea.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Pluto on April 27, 2014, 02:23:31 AM
No way will Sunderland lose those games against West Brom and Swansea.

They very well could.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deanothefulhamfan

Swansea are a decent side, who play good football. If they play like they have shown the past few games, they can beat Sunderland.... As can wba.

Sunderland have to draw or lose today for us to have a good chance of survival... I fear a 3-0 victory though