watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Sidwell be with us next season?

Started by VamosFFC, April 26, 2014, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VamosFFC

What does everyone think? He's arguably been one of our best players this season. Even when hurt today he still gave it all lunging and sliding for balls. I hope he stays.

ToodlesMcToot

If we go down, he's off. If we stay up, I'd say it's better than 50/50 he stays.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Humbled

If we go down most of that side wont be here next season!!

Berserker

I think he will go to a newly promoted side
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Nero

Quote from: Berserker on April 26, 2014, 08:24:25 PM
I think he will go to a newly promoted side

Back to Reading if they can get up

St Eve

VamosFFC

Bummer. He's been a real team player this season.

BestOfBrede

So the feeling is if we stay up Sidwell will stay?

My view is when we stay up I sincerely hope that Magath will not only replace Sidders, but all the oldies!

If we'd go down then I would still replace most of em with the youth. But stay up,and definitely big  investment is needed to get younger better players. And I believe Magath will see us make that long awaited step up!

Nick Bateman

It's really an oversight by Ali Mack that he has not tied down Sidwell knowing his contract is up at the end of the season.  In the end we lose a player worth £5-7million for nothing. 

Ali Mack should get the sack!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Jimpav

Sidwell would be a stand out player in the Championship but I think we would miss Dejagah more.

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 26, 2014, 09:56:43 PM
It's really an oversight by Ali Mack that he has not tied down Sidwell knowing his contract is up at the end of the season.  In the end we lose a player worth £5-7million for nothing. 

sidwell is not worth that figure and anyway he wants a 2 year contract, I'd offer 1 with a 1 year option.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 26, 2014, 09:56:43 PM

Haha 5-7m? You what?

As for the OP - I hope not. I like him and he's been one of our best players, but that's more down to the fact that we've got disastrous central midfield problems than his being a good player.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

cookieg

He will be at Palace - nice and local, no need to move home and move kids out of school.

FPT

I think he will stay. He wants 2 years, I don't know who would take him at this point and promise him game time in the Premier League. In fact, I think it says a lot that Steve Sidwell probably wouldn't start for any other Premier League side.

I'd want him to stay to help plug a gap whilst we do rebuild our midfield. By the end of maybe a two year deal, they'll be no need for him here at all.

Zu-Meister

dont rate him. not a very good footballer.

grandad

I really want him to stay whether we stay up or not. We have offered a 1 year contract but a 2 year one is not exactly going to break the bank. Every team needs a fighter & he will fit the bill until we get a better alternative.
Where there's a will there's a wife

leonffc

Chatting to some Hull lads on the train and they all though that him going off was the reason they got into the game. They thought he was brilliant today and said our midfield looked much poorer without him.
Will he be off? I'd like to think not, 32 he might look for one last pay day but the clubs might be like fans on here and not appreciate him.
He's our player of the season with out a doubt - yeah I know he's not had much competition but when the chips have been down stood up - unlike a lot if so called talented players.

PokerMatt

Quote from: grandad on April 26, 2014, 11:20:22 PM
I really want him to stay whether we stay up or not. We have offered a 1 year contract but a 2 year one is not exactly going to break the bank. Every team needs a fighter & he will fit the bill until we get a better alternative.

It wouldn't break the bank but handing longer deals out to players the wrong side of 30 is part of the reason we're in this mess in the first place.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bill2

Quote from: Humbled on April 26, 2014, 08:23:41 PM
If we go down most of that side wont be here next season!!

If we consider UK based clubs I am not sure about that, Sidders could be off but age is against him Dejagah is a yes and maybe Stockdale. As for the rest age and or ability is against them and I am struggling to think who would be in for them, let's be honest we are talking about the lower half of the Prem teams. More likely to be after some of the youth players and for the big clubs take a cheapish punt they mature into Prem players.

Craven Mad

I'd love him to stay/become Captain, but wouldn't blame him for going. Many teams would be lucky to have him. I don't know whether he would stay if we go down, but I get the feeling not. But that'd be a shame.