watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'd like to keep an Amorebietta thread separate

Started by leonffc, April 26, 2014, 08:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

There is a separate thread about our defenders but I'd like to highlight two things about our Venezuelan liability, and that's not including the nudge on Long in the first half that could have been given as a pen (although not a pen IMO).
 Firstly a foul throw that was pathetic. Absolutely pathetic!!
 Secondly the lunge that led to elmahamodou's dive / booking. He sold himself massively and if the hull lad had a brain he would have walked around the lunge with ease. If my U13s did either I would be embarrassed, and I mean properly ashamed. It was school boy at best. Never mind his goal, that is as shallow as Paintsils lap round the pitch after a 90 minute shambles. Im afraid the boy is toilet !

Matt Inglis

Him and Riise were both rubbish and I'm trying not to dwell on it too much.

But seriously, how can a professional footballer not know how to take an effing throw in?!
He did it 3 times against Norwich and got punished once, then got punished on the second offence today.
Absolutely unbelievable.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

PokerMatt

Yeah let's slag him off for pulling his leg away and a player trying to win a free kick, in the process making himself look foolish.

What a ridiculous thing to complain about. Might as well whinge every time a player thinks about making a challenge.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

God The Mechanic

Loads of players do it every weekend but never get pulled up.  It's laziness more than anything else.

cookieg

Giving away a foul throw is a schoolboy error of the highest order. What made it even worse was that I am sure they had a player off at the time who had gone down and so we had a man advantage and threw it away.

domprague

Bugger his throw ins. Why wasn't he watching where Long was? He can't defend and should be sold.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

jarv

On my annual visit across the pond, this season, I was at the Putney end behind the goal. (Sunderland). I used to play full back or sweeper at a decent but park level.  Ambioretta had no idea how to read the game, I watched his positioning carefully and he was often in the wrong place. When in possession,  he took 4 touches and the runs that had been made further up field by his colleagues, were closed off. Another piece of evidence about his lack of reading the game. He is not only a liability as a defender, he is clueless.
I don't like criticising Fulham players but this guy....??? He has cost us dearly.

leonffc

Quote from: PokerMatt on April 26, 2014, 09:23:04 PMYeah let's slag him off for pulling his leg away and a player trying to win a free kick, in the process making himself look foolish.

What a ridiculous thing to complain about. Might as well whinge every time a player thinks about making a challenge.

From my point of view in real time:
He lunged before the player took a touch. Then the player dived after his touch!!
 I think I mentioned that the player could have had the freedom of that part of the pitch if he had a brain but I'll need to read what I wrote to be sure.
 Amorebietta didn't need to pull a foot away. He needed to stand up and delay in the first place, a basic rule of defending, but I'm sure you are aware of that with your informed reply.
 I could be wrong when I watch it on tv but in the mean time I'd say it's ridiculous to defend the indefensible Matt

PokerMatt

From my point of view he realised he might have fouled his man so changed his mind about making the tackle. Decisions are split second but he still had the sense to change his mind. It was a horrific dive so can't we get on elmohamady's back instead of our own player.

You're not in the 'it was all Bent's fault' camp as well are you?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Lighthouse

I think he is a poor defender who is playing alongside a bunch of poor defenders. The second goal against us yesterday was park football at its worst.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

Just had the courage to watch the TV replay - it was a very clever goal because Jelavic sucks Hangeland and Amoriebeta in and Long goes around the back to get free - I suppose Amoriebeta should have spotted his run and gone with him -- Stockdale's dive was a bit weak to be honest - Amoriebeta's goal though was a fantastic header

Bill2

Quote from: Baszab on April 27, 2014, 11:50:32 AM
Just had the courage to watch the TV replay - it was a very clever goal because Jelavic sucks Hangeland and Amoriebeta in and Long goes around the back to get free - I suppose Amoriebeta should have spotted his run and gone with him -- Stockdale's dive was a bit weak to be honest - Amoriebeta's goal though was a fantastic header
It was another goal conceded at the back post, if anyone had bothered to run with him he would not have scored. It is just like so many others we have given away by allowing the opposition to have an extra unmarked person in the box. I don't know who should have been tracking back with him but so many goals given away at the same position and the same point in the game.

leonffc

Quote from: PokerMatt on April 27, 2014, 10:51:53 AM
From my point of view he realised he might have fouled his man so changed his mind about making the tackle. Decisions are split second but he still had the sense to change his mind. It was a horrific dive so can't we get on elmohamady's back instead of our own player.

You're not in the 'it was all Bent's fault' camp as well are you?

Fair enough, they didn't show it on MOTD and I forgot to record Sky highlights so as you say, we all see things differently (and emotions were running high last night!!).
If I am right on both accounts then it is U8s football mistakes.

No I'm not in Bents fault camp. I'm not a great fan but a confident Bent would have put his left foot through one of those chances yesterday. Unfortunately he's hardly had game time and he wanted to shift it on to his right, that's football unfortunately

alfie

Quote from: domprague on April 26, 2014, 10:59:03 PM
Bugger his throw ins. Why wasn't he watching where Long was? He can't defend and should be sold.

Well because he was marking Jelovic, he cannot mark both of them, if he has Jelovic then someone else had to have Long.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

alfie

Just read the Sunday Mirror and in the player ratings they gave Amorebietta 8
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

leonffc

Quote from: alfie on April 27, 2014, 01:35:06 PM

MOTD pundits said he went from sublime to atrocious to sublime to atrocious all through the game.

Lighthouse

Quote from: leonffc on April 27, 2014, 01:53:09 PM
Quote from: alfie on April 27, 2014, 01:35:06 PM

MOTD pundits said he went from sublime to atrocious to sublime to atrocious all through the game.

Going forward he was ok and put in a fair few quality crosses. As a defender he has no idea how to defend. He is slow to react, his positioning is awful and he has nobody capable of helping him out in the defence.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DiceMan

Our entire defense was at fault for the 2nd goal. Amore got sucked in by Jelovic and Hangeland picked Jelovic up at the last second also. Unfortunately that left the space for Long. Sorry to say our defense is very fragile and goes tits up at any sign of danger. We can't rely on dinosaurs like Hangeland to keep a lead for us, we need to keep scoring at the other end to make up for it until Magath gives us a good defense this summer.

Jimpav

He's a poor mans Luiz. Occasional flashes of skill but more often than not a liability.

nose