watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop the blame game, stay united!

Started by Kentish Gent, April 27, 2014, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

It's sad to see so many Fulham fans tearing each other apart following our latest disappointment. We all know the reasons why we're in our present position - the retirement of MAF, the advent of a new chairman with a limited understanding of football, hanging onto MJ too long, letting RM buy a bunch of new players in the transfer window and then dispensing with his services, an ageing squad etc etc etc.

That, folks, is life. We've had 15 brilliant years, most of them in the Prem, with a club punching well above its weight, particularly in terms of core support. And, who knows, we may yet escape relegation (although admittedly unlikely).

What we should all remember is that we support a fantastic club with a heritage you can almost touch and taste. Chairmen, managers, players all come and go, and for those, like me, who have supported the club since the 60s, you learn to take the rough with the smooth. That's Fulhamish.

So stop the blame game. Stay united. And keep the Fulham faith.

Lighthouse

We are split into factions. One fanction says we are a small club and we should be proud to have managed to stay up with the big boys. So let's just be happy with that.

The other faction says - We are a club who spent 13 years in the Prem and from a position of strength, failed to invest in players, held onto a manager who looked bewildered for years. Paniced and still conspire to make awful mistakes on and off the pitch.

That isn't just life, that is a bunch of people being allowed to repeat the same mistakes over and over and over again. People have to be made to take responsability otherwise we will always shrug, say that's life, never mind it happens. Which means the mistakes will keep on being made. A small club shouldn't mean a stupid club.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

I am proud supporter Fulham whatever the mistakes, c*** ups, dodgy dealings etc. in the club's running, and there have been many, since I've been following them.

I agree that lack of investment , which would have saved money in the long term - and who knows how costly if we go down, has led to our current situation, and mistakes made, but we are still are a small club, and staying in the Prem is always a balancing act.

I want the club to do well, and don't passively accept relegation - otherwise I wouldn't bother to support them, but I think that being in the Prem so long is a great achievement too, and want it to continue.

Anyway, I agree with the op, and we should try and unite behind the team, as we have been, in this very difficult situation.

We are all Fulham supporters despite our different views.

leonffc

Emotions run high after a diss appointment like yesterday, and I guess a fair few, like me, had a few beers to get through it which doesn't help.
What is important is that we haven't been on the players backs during games, we seem to be together. I remember several fights amongst our own under Sanchez so we are still untied as far as I can see.
We are all the best managers and critics during the game but we all see it differently!!
WE ARE FULHAM. COYW!!

Nick Bateman

Fulham were really unlucky with the way things panned out.  Ali Mack had I believe good intentions, but almost everything he did has messed up the club.

First he was slow to remove Jol from his job and allowed him to let our top goalkeeper leave to Chelsea.  He had Meulensteen in the wings ready to take over the manager's role and RM was promoted but given no time to turn things around.  When Ali Mack saw Felix Magath was available he became "star-struck" and prompted for the former Bayern Munich coach in a hastily made decision just as Fulham were looking BRILLIANT!!

Mack also sold Dimitar Berbatov in January, our main striker, and brought in an injured Greek forward for a huge sum.  Magath now looks semi-comatose watching from the side and his lethargy is showing in the players.

Fulham may be going down for all the wrong reasons.  The people running the club have ruined a squad that is well capable of a top ten position, unlike Cardiff, Sunderland and Norwich, who have woeful squads and should be relegated.

And we will not 'bounce up' necessarily as half of our best players will depart come the disastrous management of a decent football team.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everything is difficult before it's easy!