more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Year's Team

Started by DukeTyrion, April 27, 2014, 08:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedford White

What are they worth?

If we drop maybe they'll all go, if we stay up maybe we'll keep the starred ones?

Stekelenburg €4m
Hangeland  €2m
Amorebieta  €3m
Zverotic  €1m
Riether  €3m **
Boateng  €500k
Parker  €500k
Mitroglou  €10m **
Dejagah  €4m **
Kasami   €3m **

Potentially €31m raised for new signings plus some big savings on wages.

If we drop then we'll lose these guys on a free, if we stay up maybe we can and should keep the starred ones?

Etheridge
Riise
Briggs       
Karagounis
Duff
Heitinga **
Sidwell  **

hovewhite

I hope felix stays,gets the players he wants and clears the decks of the squad of players that have not performed for the club this season.
And I will say good riddance to the players he gets rid of.

andyk

I would say, if Felix Magath stays as manager, we may not see any of the current squad next year. He might keep Dejagah (if he want to stay) Hangeland, Rodallega and Stockdale, but the rest will be shipped out. Expect three or four steely German midfielders and defenders to be the first in, experienced Bundesliga pros to rebuild the spine of the team and, hopefully, be able to play for 90 minutes without collapsing in a big heap.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Bedford White on April 28, 2014, 01:37:17 PM
What are they worth?

If we drop maybe they'll all go, if we stay up maybe we'll keep the starred ones?

Stekelenburg €4m
Hangeland  €2m
Amorebieta  €3m
Zverotic  €1m
Riether  €3m **
Boateng  €500k
Parker  €500k
Mitroglou  €10m **
Dejagah  €4m **
Kasami   €3m **

Potentially €31m raised for new signings plus some big savings on wages.

If we drop then we'll lose these guys on a free, if we stay up maybe we can and should keep the starred ones?

Etheridge
Riise
Briggs        
Karagounis
Duff
Heitinga **
Sidwell  **

I don't know that we'd lose Briggs. He's not done enough to warrant a Prem transfer, he's settled at Fulham, and proven in the championship (reaching the playoffs with Watford) - I'd keep him.

Back 4 of: Passley, Grimmer, Burn, Briggs.

We'd probably want to strengthen that line slightly, but a few of them would make the match day team for most Champs sides.

I'm more worried we'll lose Stockdale. Hull wanted him, we've not treated him that well, talks of England (even if not for the WC..), been one of our best players, still fairly young.. I can see a lower-prem team poaching him from us.

andyk

Not sure Stockdale is Prem goalie, he is not very agile. His static reactions are quite good, but he is slow on his feet. The first goal on Saturday was a good example, most keepers would have got high enough to touch it over or quick enough to get back up and make an attempt at the rebound. Second goal was a free header, but, again straight at him, not headed downward and many a keeper would have saved it.

alfie

Quote from: FFC73 on April 27, 2014, 08:51:22 PM
I understand your logic.  

That team will not get us promoted.

Neither will filling the team with the youngsters

Much will depend on what Mr Khan does or does not do this summer

I wish people would stop going on about what will happen in the Championship, we have no idea whatsoever who will be here, and the team you say will not get us promoted might, you never know.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Quote from: alfie on April 28, 2014, 05:42:39 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on April 27, 2014, 08:51:22 PM
I understand your logic.  

That team will not get us promoted.

Neither will filling the team with the youngsters

Much will depend on what Mr Khan does or does not do this summer

I wish people would stop going on about what will happen in the Championship, we have no idea whatsoever who will be here, and the team you say will not get us promoted might, you never know.
if you read the OP he covers those points about not knowing. But its worth a thread and its interesting. You could always just ignore the thread.

SimpleTactics

I want to see a whole new defence with only Burn still in it. Riether and Hangeland are well passed it and Richardson is much more effective on the wing.

AlexH

First things first, the Championship is a completely different ball-game to the Premiership. Look how Wolves kept a number of their PL squad and flopped big-time. We will need proven Championship performers and a large squad. Stockdale, Briggs, Burn have all proven themselves in the league with Hull, Watford and Birmingham.

If we drop then PL teams will want Hangeland and Parker solely based on their reputation and I'd let them go. A number of other players like Reither, Amorebieta, Stekelenburg, Boateng, Zverotic and Ruiz have all either flattered to deceive, not played enough or been disappointing.

I'd try my absolute best to keep Heitinga and Sidwell - they battle and are honest, just what we would need. I know they'll probably leave but I'd build the team around them. I'd also see if Diarra would stick around to bring on in the last 15 mins to take the pressure out of the game and keep the ball. Tunnicliffe, Cole, Kacaniklic could be decent squad players.

That would leave us urgently needing: a right back, central midfielder and a striker. My three picks: Matt Lowton, Jack Collison and Ross McCormack.

Then fill the squad with the likes of Passley, Etheridge, Grimmer, Arthurworry, Roberts, Williams, Dembele, Woodrow. What's the point of investing in youth if we don't seriously bring them through?

If Felix stays then I hope, and think, he'll bring about a successful re-imagining of the squad.

Craven Mad

Lascelles, Cresswell, Chalobah, Powell, Morisson are all names I'd add to your list, otherwise agreed with every word; nice post Alex.

Snibbo

Not sure why anyone thinks Reither will go elsewhere. Who would want him? Don't think he'll get into any other premier league team. "Good attacking defender" without the defender bit. Cost us serious points v Liverpool and Hull and has generally looked weak against teams with pace and skill.  Of course, part of this may be the lack of cover from who's in front of him, but he has been poor this season in my view.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Snibbo on April 29, 2014, 02:58:16 AM
Not sure why anyone thinks Reither will go elsewhere. Who would want him? Don't think he'll get into any other premier league team. "Good attacking defender" without the defender bit. Cost us serious points v Liverpool and Hull and has generally looked weak against teams with pace and skill.  Of course, part of this may be the lack of cover from who's in front of him, but he has been poor this season in my view.

Didn't his drop in form occur straight after we blocked a move to Schalke? He wanted to go elsewhere, we blocked him from going elsewhere. Whilst Schalke may be off the cards there may be other German suitors preferable to us.

PaulJ123

Riether will go back to Köln i think

DukeTyrion

Well, give it another week and we can expect a raft of announcements about the ones leaving.

JackyFulham90

The only 1st team players I want to see kept are Stockdale, Richardson,  Dejagah,  Sidwell & Rodallega

Classic94

Heads should roll from the top-down. This season has been an utter, utter catastrophe but it is the result of long-term belligerence... We've needed to overhaul the squad for at least 2 years but, for whatever reason, it hasn't happened. The first-team has been chronically underfunded, key men have not been replaced, transfer windows have been wasted, and we've plodded along with sub-standard players - now we've got our comeuppance. Our relegation should give us license to wipe the slate clean, shift the deadwood, and integrate the kids. Of course, acquisitions will be needed but we must utilise the academy as it is probably the best thing about the club at present (along with the supporters). I want to see a younger, hungrier squad next season and maybe, just maybe, we can return to the PL a stronger, more cohesive, unit.

Of the senior players, I'd keep the following:

Stockdale, Briggs, Burn, Richardson, Kacaniklic, Sidwell, Diarra, Kasami, Rodallega

- Heitinga, Dejagah and Mitroglou will likely move on.

- Loanees such as Tunnicliffe, Cole and Trotta may return.

The likes of Stockdale, Briggs, Burn, and Kacaniklic all have experience at championship level which is important. In this respect, relegation has given some of these a second chance - particularly Briggs, Kaca and Rodallega. I think Richardson, Sidwell and Diarra all have something to offer and I'd keep Kasami based on potential. The rest can go.

Of the youngers, Grimmer, Passley, Arthurworry, Roberts, David, Plumain, Christensen, Williams, Dembele & Woodrow should all be fast-tracked into the first-team. As for signings, there were some decent suggestions further down the page. Cresswell & Chalobah are the kind of players we should be targeting. Relatively young, experience in the second tier, but with the potential to progress to a higher level. 

DukeTyrion

Hope no-one minds an old thread being bumped, but I have just updated the original post to show the players that have gone.

fulhamben

Quote from: SimpleTactics on April 28, 2014, 06:22:18 PM
I want to see a whole new defence with only Burn still in it. Riether and Hangeland are well passed it and Richardson is much more effective on the wing.
looks like your wish has come true
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.