watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Year's Team

Started by DukeTyrion, April 27, 2014, 08:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

If we go down (which is looking more and more likely), I have had a look at the team for next season.

If we assume that everyone out of contract at the end of the season will leave, along with a few others (Mitraglou, Reither, Stekelenburg, Kasami) then we can get an idea of who is left (which does not include most of the youth team, who I hope would get a chance to break through)

Maarten Stekelenburg   2017   No - Sold abroad
David Stockdale   2015   Yes - First choice keeper
Neil Etheridge   2014   No - Out of contract - Gone
Johnny Heitinga   2014   No - Out of contract - Gone
Brede Hangeland   2015   Yes - Will be good in the Championship - Gone
Dan Burn   2015   Yes - Great player
Fernando Amorebieta   2017   No - Probably leave
John Arne Riise   2014   No - Out of contract - Gone
Kieran Richardson   2015   Yes - Will try and get us back
Matthew Briggs   2014   No - Out of contract - Gone
Elsad Zverotic   2015   Yes - Okay for Championship
Sascha Riether   2016   No - Return to Germany?
William Kvist*   Loan   No - Loan
Mahamadou Diarra   2014   No - Out of contract - Gone
Derek Boateng   2015   Yes - Okay for Championship - Gone
Steve Sidwell   2014   No - Out of contract - Gone
Georgios Karagounis   2014   No - Out of contract - Gone
Scott Parker   2016   Yes - Will try and get us back
Damien Duff   2014   No - Out of contract - Gone
Ashkan Dejagah   2015   Yes - Hopefully
Alexander Kacaniklic   2016   Yes - Hopefully
Pajtim Kasami   2015   No - Will not want Championship football
Lewis Holtby*   Loan   No - Loan - Gone
Konstantinos Mitroglou   2018   No - Will want to play at a higher level
Hugo Rodallega   2015   Yes - Will try and get us back
Darren Bent*   Loan   No - Loan - Gone

Initial line-up (before youth integration and purchases)

David Stockdale            

Elsad Zverotic      Dan Burn      Brede Hangeland      Kieran Richardson

Ashkan Dejagah      Derek Boateng      Scott Parker      Alexander Kacaniklic

Hugo Rodallega      Cauley Woodrow      

Jamie88

Other than Zverotic, who I think is utter utter crap, I'd be happy with that side as an initial squad in the Championship

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Jamie88 on April 27, 2014, 08:45:26 PM
Other than Zverotic, who I think is utter utter crap, I'd be happy with that side as an initial squad in the Championship

There is always of course the possibility that Reither may not want to leave.

MJG

Think Boateng was a 1 year with anothers year option. Hopefully offload him for nothing as well.

Jamie88

Quote from: DukeTyrion on April 27, 2014, 08:48:34 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on April 27, 2014, 08:45:26 PM

There is always of course the possibility that Reither may not want to leave.

I think it more likely that Riether stays and Dejagah will get snapped up by a top 10 side

Pluto

Would like us to get rid of Parker and I don't think Hugo and Dejagah will want to stay, but apart from that the team looks ok. Don't see what Zverotic has done wrong to be honest. He's hardly had a run of games in the team.

I'm hoping we can keep hold of Kasami and Diarra (one more season), plus Tankovic, Roberts, David and Dembele who could all be good in the championship. Grimmer will likely feature as well and Passley will be in the mix too.

ffc73

I understand your logic.  

That team will not get us promoted.

Neither will filling the team with the youngsters

Much will depend on what Mr Khan does or does not do this summer

DukeTyrion

Quote from: FFC73 on April 27, 2014, 08:51:22 PM
I understand your logic. 

That team will not get us promoted.

I wasn't suggesting it would, I was just looking to see what our starting position would be after the expected clear out.

God The Mechanic

I think we need to keep DIarra - his presence alone would be pretty much invaluable if we are to bring through some of the younger players from the u21s and u18s.

Plus, he would utterly destroy the Championship if we can get him fit.

davew

Apart from the youngsters. let's have a complete clear out and start again!! The only senior players I would try and retain e.g. Richardson, Reither, Dejagah and a couple of others won't stay and under current management I don't blame them!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Rhys Lightning 63

Ashkan will go. When you combine what a great 2nd half of the year he has had, plus the fact that he's got a game against Lionel Messi this summer (in which every single manager in the world will be watching him) - someone will pick him up
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

PaulJ123

No way we'll be able to keep hold of Dejagah, could easily play for a top 10 team. I think Riether will go back to Köln seeing that they just got promoted.

I'd like to see this (from our current players):

Stockdale
Grimmer Burn Hangeland Richardson
Parker David
Roberts Tankovic Kacaniklic
Woodrow/Dembele

Lighthouse

I don't agree about Brede at all. I think he has passed his usefulness. We need a centre half and a centre forward and a central midfielder. The same as we have done for three or four seasons.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

I like Diarra

He makes me look mobile

The man is a fantastic player who would have graced the Premiership 10 years ago but now days unfortuantly he cannot last 60 minutes. He is quality but knackered
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

I think David could be the best player in the Championship next season
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FPT

Here we go...

Goalkeepers: David Stockdale, Marcus Bettinelli, Neil Etheridge

Defenders: Brede Hangeland, Dan Burn, Fernando Amorebieta

Midfielders: Steve Sidwell, Kieran Richardson, Pajtim Kasami, Ashkan Dejagah, Scott Parker, Alex Kacaniklic

Forwards: Hugo Rodallega, Cauley Woodrow

Youth integration: Josh Passley, Jack Grimmer, Lasse Vigen Christensen, Pat Roberts, Chris David, George Williams, Moussa Dembele.

The upper, is the squad stripped to the bare. I think these would all look to stay/players we would want to stay and have a realistic chance of that.

We'd need to get the wage bill down, helped by Bent and Holtby's loans ending and releasing Riise, Duff, Heitinga (through being better than the Championship) and Karagounis. Then we can earn a bit of cash from selling Maarten Stekelenburg, Sascha Riether, Bryan Ruiz, Kostas Mitroglou (doubt he'd want to stay, would only stay if we couldn't find a buyer - which is unlikely) Ryan Tunnicliffe, and Derek Boateng.

To be honest with you, if we stayed up, I'd want all of this to happen barring Heitinga's release and the sale of Mitroglou. Maybe Holtby's move made permanent, but again, that's unlikely.

Anyway, Shahid Khan goes into his billions, knowing how lucrative Premier League football is, but we'd also be covered by parachute payments, plus like £60m via tv money for the 13/14 season. We invest in younger, hungrier players, like Neil Taylor and Jack Cork, who may not be starting every game for the club, and we can offer first team football, plus a possible promotion campaign.

We will need to spend about £20m to fill in the numbers, and add the quality required. With a real manager in charge too, we won't see Alistair Mackintosh picking and choosing players, he'll just be doing the negotiations.

elgreenio

I think if Magath stays in charge none of these will even be half right. Hoping his reputation is correct and he proceeds with 14/15 changes in the summer
touch my camera through the fence

Deanothefulhamfan

If Felix is here we will see a whole revamp.... I would keep Stockdale, Burn, Richardson, Sidwell, Woodrow, Kasami

All the rest are not good enough or will move on....

Think Dembele will be huge for us next season if he stays.

Ronnief

Each year I list who I think will leave at the end of the season it is usually between six or eight players and usually I am wrong in who will leave.  This year my list totals 17 players who I think may leave especially if we go down.  If we stay up I think the number leaving will be high.  From Saturday's performance we do need a fit and inteligent midfield who don't conceed ground during those last 15 minutes.  Hull's midfield did not have their own way untill injuries and lack of fitness did us.  The team must be fit and able to last the whole 90 minutes.  The days of many are numbered.

JackyFulham90

We need a revamp that's for sure.

Dembele, David, Roberts, Woodrow all have a big part to play next year.

I can see Hangeland & Parker staying as on long deals.
Dejagah, Stekelenburg, Amorebieta will move on
Bent, Holtby, Kvist will be gone.

I hope we keep Rodallega, Kasami, Richardson & Kacaniklic the rest of the squad should be revamped.

A decent Championship team would be

Stockdale
Grimmer Hangeland Burn Briggs
Kasami Parker David Richardson
                  Rodallega Dembele