more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am going to laugh when 2 pts in the last 2 matches

Started by mccscratch, April 28, 2014, 01:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

Keep us up...

Yes it will take Norwich, Cardiff and Sunderland losing out but crazier things have happened...

33 pts can still be enough...

Chelsea and Arsenal still have so much to play for... Man Utd could still catch Spurs for a Europa place as they have a game in hand (Sunderland no less) and a superior GD

Sunderland may be hot now but a thrashing in Manchester could see them sputter... Cardiff have to travel to a prideful Newcastle then a title chasing Chelsea... we all know what Norwich is tasked with...

Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

valdeingruo

Crazier things yes. Realistic, no? Im on the fence. I know we arent out its possible that the teams around us implode and we stay up. However I cant emotionally drain myself like i did it vs Hull.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

ChesterTheTabby

The way I see it, we needed two wins and a draw for  a REALISTIC chance (Not saying crazy twists won't happen)..and yes we gave up a wonderful 2-0 lead to draw 2-2...but that was the draw we needed. Now just two wins. Nothing has changed, still on course.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deanothefulhamfan

The only thing I think the weekend proved was that our fate is now out of our hands.... we can beat stoke away, yes they are great at home, yes we are poor... but they have nothing to play for, we do, and who ever thought Sunderland would break Mourinho's crazy record at Stamford bridge... We have to win both games, and that may be enough... we still need a little bit of luck though.... Norwich and Cardiff are gone that's what I am sure of....We are almost down but have a much better chance then these 2

F(f)CUK

I said before Hull that 7pts would not be enough and I think the results over the weekend have proved this. Other teams may stay up with 37pts but not with our goal difference. I think we are now down irrespective of two wins.

RaySmith

Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 28, 2014, 07:38:16 AM
I said before Hull that 7pts would not be enough and I think the results over the weekend have proved this. Other teams may stay up with 37pts but not with our goal difference. I think we are now down irrespective of two wins.

We have to go for it anyway - do our utmost to get the 7 points, and hopefully it will be enough with all the crazy twists and turns of this season.

It will be some game against Palace if we need the points to give us a chance of staying up. No place for  those with weak hearts, but I just hope we are still in the position of having a chance, and something to play for.

Baszab

Players are mentally stuffed -- gonna take a few sessions with the sports psychologists this week to get them back on track - Diarra's knee has gone as well -- we need divine intervention and  favours from those nice Mr Hughes and Pulis

jeremyfulham

I think we need 37 but I do think that will be enough . COYW

Jimpav

I love the optimism but the reality is that we're at the business end of the season and we've not done enough.

Had we have beaten Hull then we could have performed the miracle required but that result was the nail in the coffin. That was our chance to atone for Cardiff and West Brom away and we didn't take it.

TonyGilroy

Evens chance I feel that 37 points will be enough for us but I think our chances of getting that are slim.

Psychologically Saturday's implosion must have been devastating. As we all know we have too many players who are too old, not fit enough and/or lacking in confidence.

Next season Magath will have a younger, fitter team and I'm expecting to be impressed. This season just needs to end.

PokerMatt

I'm not sure there's even an alternative universe where 33 points are enough.

Hopefully you bring this up when it happens but I'm sitting pretty comfortably to be honest.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Southcoastffc

Quote from: mccscratch on April 28, 2014, 01:10:51 AM
Keep us up...

Yes it will take Norwich, Cardiff and Sunderland losing out but crazier things have happened...

33 pts can still be enough...

Chelsea and Arsenal still have so much to play for... Man Utd could still catch Spurs for a Europa place as they have a game in hand (Sunderland no less) and a superior GD

Sunderland may be hot now but a thrashing in Manchester could see them sputter... Cardiff have to travel to a prideful Newcastle then a title chasing Chelsea... we all know what Norwich is tasked with...

Oh how I hope to hear you laughing long and loud Mr McScratch!  I'm not confident of doing so but I do expect there to be more twists and turns in the results of the few games left for the (in my view) six relegation contenders.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

jarv

If you can't beat a very poor Hull team at home, who can you beat.? Same thing could be said about the Tottenham game, a very poor Tottenham team.

filham

That defence of ours has demonstrated that there are endless ways in which they can concede goals.

Crouch will have a field day on Saturday and then we will be arithmetically down and the pain and suffering of this terrible season will be over and done with.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 28, 2014, 09:17:55 AM
Evens chance I feel that 37 points will be enough for us but I think our chances of getting that are slim.

Psychologically Saturday's implosion must have been devastating. As we all know we have too many players who are too old, not fit enough and/or lacking in confidence.

Next season Magath will have a younger, fitter team and I'm expecting to be impressed. This season just needs to end.
This is a realistic post.  Unfortunately though I cannot see Sunderland dropping points against WHU or Swansea.  The others are just out of reach and should get the few points they need from their matches.  I was so down on Saturday evening that my wife has bet me £5 that we will stay up.  She did this I think to try and pick me up.  I will gladly give her £5, but I think all I will be is £5 richer.