https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Take a bow Callum Burgess

Started by jeremyfulham, April 29, 2014, 07:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

You were a rock today well played and good luck for the 2nd leg. COYW

The Cravenette

He did play v well, as did the whole team really. I think his name is Cameron though  :021:

JackyFulham90

I was impressed with him aswell.

Burgess, Sambou & Williams impressed last night

Skatzoffc

Great comeback from the boys!

Good luck in the 2nd leg

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

FPT

Yep, CAMERON Burgess was immense last night. You need that sort of player when your opponents are all 6ft+ and you've got little Hyndman and Sambou in the middle.

Burgess must be 6ft5/6ft6 and you can see he's not just a bean pole.

Great performance from him.

grandad

Burn & Burgess the future centre back pairing. We MUST keep hold of them at all costs. Together with Roberts, Williams, Dembele, in fact all of them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

dgnffc

Quote from: grandad on April 29, 2014, 11:34:44 AM
Burn & Burgess the future centre back pairing. We MUST keep hold of them at all costs. Together with Roberts, Williams, Dembele, in fact all of them.

Aren't they a bit similar? We might need someone like Grimmer to complement either of these two.

Rhys Lightning 63

Only problem is they're both left footers. We've seen the problem's Hangeland had playing on the right side this season
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MJG

Quote from: dgnffc on April 29, 2014, 11:39:18 AM

Aren't they a bit similar? We might need someone like Grimmer to complement either of these two.
We have really good group of centre backs, you have Burn, Grimmer, Arthurworrey, Burgess and Donnelly all under 22.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 29, 2014, 11:41:36 AM

Only problem is they're both left footers. We've seen the problem's Hangeland had playing on the right side this season

Hangeland is right footed though. I've never quite got why he can only play on the left side.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: PokerMatt on April 29, 2014, 11:44:49 AM

Hangeland is right footed though. I've never quite got why he can only play on the left side.

That's the weird thing, but when you see him play, you can see he is comfortable receiving and passing the ball with his left foot as well

PokerMatt

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 29, 2014, 11:47:47 AM
Quote from: PokerMatt on April 29, 2014, 11:44:49 AM

That's the weird thing, but when you see him play, you can see he is comfortable receiving and passing the ball with his left foot as well

I can only assume that being right-footed on the left opens up the pitch to you and you can pass into the field rather than mainly down the line. And he prefers it that way where most don't.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MasterHaynes

Don't forget Stephen Arthurworrey, another very good Centre Half. We have a really talented crop of Centre halves with these 3, throw in Donnelly and Passeley who both play the Hughes role so well in the centre as covering central defenders reading the game so well with more pace than Aaron ever had we are set up for a good few years with a solid defensive spine. Add in Kavanagh, Richards and Evans, all have the attributes to succeed we could have an all academy back 4 in the first team in the coming seasons.

Deanothefulhamfan

Arturworrey is going to be decent next season should we go down.... Him and Burn have had a fair bit of experience at lower league level...

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: MasterHaynes on April 29, 2014, 12:01:42 PM
Don't forget Stephen Arthurworrey, another very good Centre Half. We have a really talented crop of Centre halves with these 3, throw in Donnelly and Passeley who both play the Hughes role so well in the centre as covering central defenders reading the game so well with more pace than Aaron ever had we are set up for a good few years with a solid defensive spine. Add in Kavanagh, Richards and Evans, all have the attributes to succeed we could have an all academy back 4 in the first team in the coming seasons.

I'm almost concerned that we've got too many decent CB's. Given you can only start with two, some of them aren't going to pull on a white shirt in the first team.

Your point about Kavanagh is true though, great little LB he is

nose

Burgess? What a great game he had last night, wonderful.