watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you want to have a horrible feeling?

Started by FPT, April 30, 2014, 10:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

If we do not beat Mark Hughes' Stoke, and Sunderland win at Old Trafford, we are officially a Championship side.

Pretty unlikely, I know, but scary none the less.

NorfolkJim

I don't think anything can match the horrible feeling I felt as Hulls second goal went in

Fulham76

Quote from: FPT on April 30, 2014, 10:34:37 AM
If we do not beat Mark Hughes' Stoke, and Sunderland win at Old Trafford, we are officially a Championship side.

It's not really that unlikely. Sunderland are on form & I wouldn't be surprised if they do beat Man Utd. They've just picked up 4 points away at much better teams & hammered Cardiff 4-0. We on the other hand have failed to win plenty of must wins games this season, so I won't be surprised if Stoke is the latest.

Admin

Would it really be a suprise? The suprise for me, would be if we actually got out of this mess and cheated another year in the Premiership!! We've been down for quite a while now, not physically, but mentally, so I've already prepared for it. I'm just waiting for clarification now, which like you say, could be this weekend.

Luka

I don't see any of the bottom five getting points this weekend (ok maybe villa getting a draw).
Sunderland will then get at least a point at WBA for their game in hand.
Its down to the last day but I doubt Sunderland will drop points at home to Swansea !!
So at the finish:

Sunderland 36
Fulham 34
Norwich 32
Cardiff 30

jarv

I have been resigned to it for a while now. However, I don't think it will happen this week-end.

I expect us not to beat Stoke but a draw is possible.
Ryan Giggs is not the next greatest manager after one game but I expect Sunderland not to beat them at OT.

What I do expect is one last lifeline for the Palace game and Pulis to put out his well drilled, very competitive team to relegate Fulham. 075.gif
That will truly rub salt in the wound.

Why didn't Fulham hire Pulis?

Nick Bateman

Pulis plays the "percentage" game, like Sam Allardyce and even Jose Mourinho.  Dive or earn a free-kick in the other team's half, get all the big players up and hoof it in the box.

I certainly wouldn't want Fulham playing like that.
:046:
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

jarv

Nick,
I have watched Palace a few times lately and I wish Fulham played like they do. Pace, passion, slick passing and lots of movement off the ball.
Most important, they have some very average defenders who know how to defend!!! Fulham's only decent defender is Heitinga. (just saying).

VamosFFC

If we do not beat Stoke then I would think relegation is almost certain. Not 100% mathematically relegated, but it would feel like it.

Lighthouse

I think the Hull match is enough to make most of us  finally accept that we simply need to rebuild and will have to do it from the Championship. There is always hope but I think we have cheated the inevitable for as long as we could. The bitterness of why we were allowed to get into this state from a position of strength a few seasons ago, will be argued and poured over with the needless disagreements that happens when so many fans feel aggrieved.

But I for one want to look forward and not dread every match. Time to die so we can be reborn and not be so badly mismanaged in the future.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SAFC Fan

Quote from: Luka on April 30, 2014, 01:45:17 PM
I don't see any of the bottom five getting points this weekend (ok maybe villa getting a draw).
Its down to the last day but I doubt Sunderland will drop points at home to Swansea !!
So at the finish:

Sunderland 36
Fulham 34
Norwich 32
Cardiff 30

Sunderland will win the next 3 games and finish with 41 points and 12th in the league.  In other news, Newcastle will rob Liverpool of the title by winning 5-0 at Anfield.

In all seriousness I think those are some fair predictions on your part. You guys could get 4, we might get 6, my gut makes me feel it won't come down to goal difference.

Denver Fulham

Or if Norwich win at Chelsea. Also unlikely, but another way to be relegated this weekend.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Luka on April 30, 2014, 01:45:17 PM
So at the finish:

Sunderland 36
Fulham 34
Norwich 32
Cardiff 30

That's actually the set of results we need other than losing at Stoke. Sunderland 1-1-1 and Fulham with two wins and we stay in the league (assuming Norwich doesn't win at Chelsea and then beat Arsenal)

VamosFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 30, 2014, 02:35:07 PM
I think the Hull match is enough to make most of us  finally accept that we simply need to rebuild and will have to do it from the Championship. There is always hope but I think we have cheated the inevitable for as long as we could. The bitterness of why we were allowed to get into this state from a position of strength a few seasons ago, will be argued and poured over with the needless disagreements that happens when so many fans feel aggrieved.

But I for one want to look forward and not dread every match. Time to die so we can be reborn and not be so badly mismanaged in the future.

I think you're right Lighthouse. I don't want to accept it and I still think if we win our last two we have a chance, but we need the results to go our way. It's just the waiting and I think if we are relegated this weekend then I think it will come as no surprise to any Fulham fan.