watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"That Penalty" on Monday for u18s

Started by Highlander, April 30, 2014, 09:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

You don't think Dembélé had seen this do you...

On the TV add it stops at 3:48

Me-ate-Live, innit??

He probably watched a lot of Berba  if I was a young football striker I would have studied him closely
This is what Wigley had to say on the subject
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/29/wigley-reaction

cmg

Unfortunately he didn't study Berba closely enough.

The problem with the dinked penalty is that you look a bit of a dick if you miss the target...or, if the keeper fails to co-operate by diving out of the way - as demonstrated here by another of our wandering heroes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA75cbo94tY#ws

Rhys Lightning 63

I haven't actually seen the incident (other than live at the game on Monday), did he ACTUALLY chip the ball or did he aim for the top corner and slice it?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

cmg

Definite chip, I'd say. Dead straight, loads of backspin. I guess it was hit too strong as it didn't come down quick enough.
Still, what do I know? Whack it every time was always my policy.

Sgt Fulham

I didn't think it was that bad. He tricked the keeper but only just overhit the chip onto the crossbar. Pretty unlucky if you ask me. Rather that, which shows confidence, than an unconfident penalty saved by the keeper easily as confidence in the first team is severely lacking.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 30, 2014, 11:30:51 PM
I didn't think it was that bad. He tricked the keeper but only just overhit the chip onto the crossbar. Pretty unlucky if you ask me. Rather that, which shows confidence, than an unconfident penalty saved by the keeper easily as confidence in the first team is severely lacking.

0001.jpeg  0001.jpeg

RaySmith

0001.jpeg

And he scored with a similar one in the Dallas Cup, I think.

The condemnation of him was well over the top - we want confident players, who aren't scared to try new things, playing for Fulham.

leonffc

Quote from: RaySmith on May 01, 2014, 07:29:11 AM

0001.jpeg

The condemnation of him was well over the top - we want confident players, who aren't scared to try new things, playing for Fulham.

+1^^

+1^

Well said gents. He'll learn but we've seen youngsters have their creative talent stifled too often in this country.

Do we think Berbatov learned his execution by never missing a pen as a kid?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: leonffc on May 01, 2014, 10:02:52 AM

0001.jpeg

+1^^

+1^

Well said gents. He'll learn but we've seen youngsters have their creative talent stifled too often in this country.

He just chose the complete wrong time to be 'creative'. The team were under pressure and he had the chance for us to take an undeserved 1-0 lead and relieve pressure on the team but instead he chose to try that. If we were 3-0 up and oozing confidence and quality then I'd say go for it, part of developing is knowing when to try stuff like that.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 01, 2014, 10:08:57 AM
Quote from: leonffc on May 01, 2014, 10:02:52 AM

0001.jpeg

+1^^

+1^

He just chose the complete wrong time to be 'creative'. The team were under pressure and he had the chance for us to take an undeserved 1-0 lead and relieve pressure on the team but instead he chose to try that. If we were 3-0 up and oozing confidence and quality then I'd say go for it, part of developing is knowing when to try stuff like that.

Agree with Leon.

He's 17 years old for god sake,  and part of development is learning from his mistakes which hopefully he will.

He's not an experienced pro yet and he did try it and scored in the Dallas cup and I believe Steve Wigley has taken some of the blame as he thought he should of said something to him after he scored the pen in the Dallas cup

How will these youngsters want to stay if the hear their own fans having a pop at them.