News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, there was talk of a new owner when Hughes was at Fulham?

Started by Admin, May 03, 2014, 12:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

So it says in the Fulham daily stuff. Hughes didn't leave because we lacked ambition, he left because he didn't want to go through what he did at Man City, change. So it's true then, Fayed had been wanting to sell up for a few years, hence we're in this mess. Anyway Hughes said he won't cry when he relegates us today. Not surprised after the stick we gave him..

General

We know that al fayed has wanted to sell for years.. I think he is just covering himself as he has nothing to lose as we are going to get relegated and he realised how badly he damaged his image in the wake of leaving us. He struggled to get a job, relegated QPR, struggled again to get a job and has just about found some feet at stoke.

Either way it shows the character of the man that he didn't want a part in something like he had a city after new owners, especially seeing as city have gone on to such heights.

He either knew or thought he would lose his job, didn't feel like he'd be appreciated or able to cope with whatever... He cannot state we had a lack of ambition, Jol is a more distinguished manager than him, more proven, more successful.. He just fell apart and let the sales of dembele and Dempsey bug him too much and then failed to be enthusiastic about the job.

Magath is again proven, we just should have had him in earlier and whilst i liked rene i never warmed to his attitude as a manager.. Great coach though, but needed a manager in front of him.

All of those names, including signings we've had since he left, from Ruiz to berbatov, even to bent etc have seen us go for players which if managed properly can produce.. Our management and our lack of investment due to turnover of ownership and buying older players has ultimately been our downfall. We didnt capitalise enough on our Europa league run. It's frustrating. Especially seeing as juve got to the semi finals again this season and well, athletico we all know about.

Logicalman

Sorry Admin, the guy is a glory-hunter who overspent at both City & QPR and got no results for the money he wasted. At City it took another manager to actually manage the players he brought in (or bought in as well), and at QPR, well, that was a disaster in the making, looked like him and MJ went to the same school of management there.

At Stoke he has found his perfect place, with a bunch of thugs, sorry, players who play a hard game just like he used to, irrespective of whose legs get broken, and last weeks red card for Shawcross and then Sparky's post-match comments saying it wasn't a yellow, shows his contempt for playing anywhere near fairly. I would have been disgusted if he had looked for our players to play like they do when he was here. I want to win, but I want to win the game, not a kicking contest. I have very little doubt that he instigated Zamoras attempt at a dressing room disruption with MJ before he got offloaded to rejoin his master at QPR.

The only reason for Sparkies one season success at the Cottage was because he inherited a bloody good team, thats it.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.