watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When Did It All Go Wrong For You?

Started by Southcoastffc, May 03, 2014, 04:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hesedmedia

Rene's sacking. I still think he could have turned it around even that late. The performances from Utd and Liverpool would have kept us up, but hitting the reset button just as it was turning around was the worst possible decision, regardless which manager we got in.

ffccornwall

Quote from: hesedmedia on May 03, 2014, 05:21:53 PM
Rene's sacking. I still think he could have turned it around even that late. The performances from Utd and Liverpool would have kept us up, but hitting the reset button just as it was turning around was the worst possible decision, regardless which manager we got in.
Agreed. Magath's team selections have been bizarre.

hn4fulham

The first signs for me were the handling of Dempsey, Murphy, and some of our more senior players by Jol and club management. I have even mentioned relegation fears back then seeing that pattern. I will have to find my response to a thread back then. People sometimes just don't understand how serious these little signs are. Those were signs of a club being ripped apart from the inside and imploding.

This club will require extensive rebuilding. It will be a tough season in the championship next season. This club has gotten so soft that in many respects the championship is even tougher than the premier league and we will feel it.

Good luck to everyone here and our club!

Fulham Joe

For me it was the day we sold Moussa Dembele to Tottenham, I've been pissed off ever since that day, although others also make very valid points, especially about the lack of investment.

Greek

I agree with the OP. The resigning of Karagounis (although I would have started him today) signaled to me the team was lost.

StuFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 03, 2014, 04:49:25 PM
The day Mark Hughes walked out. Not because he was a great manager but if he could see we were going nowhere it meant  we had no intention of progressing.

I said so at the time and this has been a long painful slip into the gloom.

078.gif

Mark Hughes probably saw that Mackintosh was blocking all decent transfer request because Mackintos is probably paid money to save money!!!

StuFFC

I could see us in league 1 if Mackintos is still running the club from day to day!!!

threedhomer

The writing was on the wall when Parker and Bent were brought in.  Pretty obvious Al Fayed had been looking to his departure for a few years, and wasn't going to make big splashes.  Jol should have had the stones to just play younger guys instead of bringing in those two.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Suspected when the Coffin arrived  on Monday 6th  June 2011
• Former Spurs manager succeeds Mark Hughes
• Dutchman agrees two-year contract at Craven Cottage

Accepted when the nails came on 19th August 2013
Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of a  32-year-old midfielder
on a three-year deal, for an undisclosed fee which will see the player at the Club until at least the summer of 2016.

In regard to the latter and it is the only bright spot, the little s$it will be  down the drain pipe quicker than you can say Charlton

Julius Geezer

For me the final straw was René's sacking.

Obviously lots had already gone on, cancers were already spread in the club and he was facing a huge task.

But I still believe he was up to it and the team was improving.

Woodlawn

Middle of last season the cracks were there to see. I think MAF could see it and decided to get out without spending anymore money. New owner left with ali macintosser  who should now carry the can and go

MJG

Winning away at Swansea at the end of the season. Kept Jol in his job and while it had been going wrong already that was his lifeline.

Sgt Fulham

The moment Berbatov arrived for me.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: fulhamben on May 03, 2014, 04:40:38 PM
The second shad said I will implement the transfer policy that's already in place. Dumbest thing I've ever heard and no doubt the dumbest thing he has ever done
Agree completely. I was really hoping for a statement of intent when Kahn came in and £20-30m spent on 4 or 5 players that would have ensured we were good enough to stay up.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

deecee

Some time in late 2012, in one of his video interviews on the club site, Jol (apologising again for yet another string of poor performances) expressed his opinion that we missed Dempsey's goals and that we didn't have a replacement who could guarantee 15 goals a season 'like Darren Bent'. At that point I concluded that he had no clue. It isn't about buying in players whose past stats are good and assuming that means future goals if you put them all together. If the team around them can't deliver defensive solidity or midfield control, individual players' reputations mean nothing. From other comments he made I realised that was why he bought Berbatov. Berba was good for 30+ goals at Man Utd, so he'd do it for us. Except suddenly he didn't. Then he actually signed Bent and I knew that the writing was on the wall. If you buy players on a flawed view of individual reputation instead of building a team this is how it goes.

Nick Bateman

I honestly felt the worst when we sacked Muelensteen.  Fulham played FANTASTIC in some games; granted we were average or poor in some others, but I felt we had started to get some consistency when the rug was pulled underneath him.  

How many other clubs have had THREE managers in one season, and it did embarrass new owner Khan who bowed to the woeful advice of Ali Mack!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

win-dup

The day Khan took over was for me the end of the season and possibly of Fulham FC.

Putney

Replacing Dembele and Dempsey with Karagounis and Richardson.

Reznor

When Jol was not got rid of at the end of last season.

AlexH

I think there are three points to highlight:
- Mark Hughes walking out. We probably should have been more alarmed. He's been proven correct now
- The Sunderland game last season when Hangeland was sent-off and we blew up. That seemed to really knock us off course.
- Losing to Reading at home last season 4-2. That should have been enough to earn Jol the sack.