watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When Did It All Go Wrong For You?

Started by Southcoastffc, May 03, 2014, 04:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

For me, Tuesday 9 July 2013 was the fateful day when I knew we were in trouble - the day the lack of leadership and direction was signalled by the re-signing of Karagounis, and I knew that Mark you have no ambition Hughes was proved right.  
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Robbie

Plus Hangeland being made Captain ... disaster since then

JDH101

When we lost 2-0 to QPR. I had never seen such a poor performance from any professional team. Since then we have seen so many I have lost count. Including today.

3-0.

Logicalman

Not firing MJ and getting Pulis in when Stoke released him.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

john dempsey

the day al. fayed sold .and left macintosh in charge

Bedford White

Quote from: JDH101 on May 03, 2014, 04:28:46 PM
When we lost 2-0 to QPR. I had never seen such a poor performance from any professional team. Since then we have seen so many I have lost count. Including today.

3-0.

Yep it was losing 2-4 to a relegated Reading that did it for me, had MAF not been selling up I doubt Jol would have remained in his post. It seems that everything has aligned against us this season, and all to frequently we've played the worst football I've seen in years.

There must be wholesale changes over the summer, otherwise we'll go the same way as Wolves.

fulhamben

The second shad said I will implement the transfer policy that's already in place. Dumbest thing I've ever heard and no doubt the dumbest thing he has ever done
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

clintclintdeuce

When the double d's were sold/chased out to spurs
The Dude abides.

God The Mechanic

Not investing properly for the last three years. But the Swansea win last year kept Jol in a job. Had we lost that he'd have gone, no doubts.

Lighthouse

The day Mark Hughes walked out. Not because he was a great manager but if he could see we were going nowhere it meant  we had no intention of progressing.

I said so at the time and this has been a long painful slip into the gloom.

078.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oakeshott

When Jol proved almost immediately that he had no clue by managing to upset a hitherto united and well organised squad. Amazing that he was kept on so long.

Pity about Rene. IF he'd had the confidence to be his own man and set the team up as he did in the first few games, we might have been all right, but getting in Wilkins and Curbishley told its own story.

Likewise Felix, if appointed earlier, would have kept us up, for there is surely no way, had he been appointed instead of Rene, we'd have ended January without a competent and fit striker. The poor teams who survive need either an excellent defence, as we had under Roy, or someone who can bang in enough goals, as Berbs. did last year. This year we have had a poor defence and no one capable of scoring nearly often enough.

The American now knows that he shouldn't have dabbled in something about which he is essentially clueless. The best hope (short of selling the club back to MAF at a knockdown price) is that his pride has been so hurt he'll do everything possible to achieve a quick return. But the recent history of his US club isn't promising, and even if he has been stung by the turn of events here it is as yet unclear whether he has the capability to put the arrangements in place to achieve an early return. Money is necessary but far from sufficient - capability is also needed and whether he has that remains to be seen.

bucksfulham

When Mark Hughes left and correctly highlighted the lack of ambition.

MoussasGawn

Quote from: Logicalman on May 03, 2014, 04:34:09 PM
Not firing MJ and getting Pulis in when Stoke released him.

And on the Facebook page every man and his dog disrespected Pulis when we had the chance to go for him.  I knew Mark Hughes was right but was so pleased to get Martin Jol I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

30 years through thin and thin, our time is now. Forget Torquay at your peril ...

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Oakeshott on May 03, 2014, 04:50:26 PM
The American now knows that he shouldn't have dabbled in something about which he is essentially clueless.

Al Fayed had absolutely no clue about football at the start either!  Khan kept a man who had been involved in the day to day runnings of several football teams to cover this, and Ali Mac has failed - he should have made Khan aware just how much was needed earlier than January.

rusty shackleford

Losing at home to Sunderland in November 2012 was the beginning of the end

PaulUMD

We all saw the train wreck of an aging team coming and management never got ahead of it.  Losing Murphy, Dempsey and Dembele and not finding proper replacements finally did us in.  

grandad

After the Europa Cup Final. We needed to rebuild but every window since has been a disaster.
Where there's a will there's a wife

mangoputney

Hangeland captain, Hughes was right, MAF recouping all his investment, worst NFL franchise owner & Ali Mac, combined, reliant on three shitter teams, crap investment, that away game at QPR
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

mangoputney

Quote from: rusty shackleford on May 03, 2014, 05:06:27 PM
Losing at home to Sunderland in November 2012 was the beginning of the end

I got hammered by a certain poster on here for voicing that opinion that day itself

That performance set the Jol bar of ambition
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation