watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fair play to Sunderland

Started by JDH101, May 03, 2014, 04:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

Should have won at City. Won at Stamford bridge and now Old Trafford. Fair play. We deserved to go down.

Twig

Quote from: JDH101 on May 03, 2014, 04:53:45 PM
Should have won at City. Won at Stamford bridge and now Old Trafford. Fair play. We deserved to go down.

Absolutely

SAFC Fan

Mathematically we could finish 12th which is insane considering the season we've had.

PokerMatt

Was going to start a post on this myself.

THAT is how you avoid the drop.  065.gif
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Martinsback

A couple of seasons ago one of the posters here said we should get rid of Jol and bring in Poyet and I said that was rubbish...I was wrong they were right.

Nick Bateman

I believe in something more suspicious in the Sunderland 'revival' .  In the end, Fulham were incapable because of Magath's irrational team choices.

Sunderland will go down next season, when we go up!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

SAFC Fan

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 03, 2014, 07:35:13 PM

Sunderland will go down next season, when we go up!
I can't see it considering who are coming up.

OdecaMynoT

The table doesn't lie.

The 3 teams with the worst goal difference are out the door.

The chaos that has been our season will hopefully be ironed out sooner rather than later.

If not we'll end up like B'rum,Bumburn,Notlob or Wolves.

'Eaven 'elp us.

Y'ep;Fair play Sunderland.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Herbie

Hats off to Sunderland, they deserve to stay up.

Jags

Credit must also go to the likes of Palace & Pullis, Hull & Bruce, West Ham & Allardyce & a few other teams who went & got results against the big boys both at home & away. Each of them had a run in the season which got them points & set them up to get out of the bottom 3 at one point. We just couldn't put a performance in & conceding 83 goals tells the real story.

Logicalman

Yep, congrats to Sunderland, perhaps our lot can watch a reply of the match sometime this week.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

andyk

What is amazing is that we actually got quite close to surviving. If we had held out against Albion at home for two more minutes, and managed to keep Cardiff out at home for two more seconds,  if we had held on against Hull, we would have 36 points and be looking at a home win or draw against palace to stay in the prem. 80 plus goals conceded, we should have been down weeks ago.

God The Mechanic

I'm not sure it's really a fair reflection to state that had we held on in two or three games the season would be different.  We can't really look at those tiny margins where most of the time we've been absolutely clobbered.  Mathematically, of course, it is true.  But 6-0 to Hull, the 5-0 at City.  The number of games where we conceded at least three goals.  We really should have been cut adrift a lot earlier than we have been, and whilst the fight may not always have been there, as long as whoever is in charge next season can channel some of that spirit in the players that are here next year we should stand in good stead.