News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On our way back from Stoke now. What the hell was Felix doing today?

Started by Southdowns White, May 03, 2014, 06:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

He deserves the sack based on that team today, and we better have a bloody good clear out next week.

ron

A good dose of footballing ExLax.........

always been very effective in clearing out a lot of............

grandad

I think a lot of our players are having a good clear out with the bug that is going around. The last thing I would want to do is play with me wanting to chuck my guts up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 03, 2014, 06:09:21 PM
He deserves the sack based on that team today, and we better have a bloody good clear out next week.

He has been doing that the moment he got the job.  But many on this board excused the early experimental sides as 'teething' trouble, but basic common sense could see things were hap-hazard.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Twig

It was a mystifying team selection and with players out of position.  Then the inevitable bizarre substitutions.  What was he thinking?

dannydog

I have come to the conclusion that the guy is a bit of a nutter, what a pathetic selection and formation.

jarv

Sanchez now drops to 3rd place as the worst manager ever, behind Jol (still no. 1) and Magath. (completely clueless). 094.gif

Berserker

I think Felix had been trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear and it never worked. The players lost the fight after the Hull match I think.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Luka

You can't polish a turd.
Under three different managers this squad have looked like relegation fodder.
It's 100% down to having to many (poor) players.

Mod: Edited for swearing

Macedo

Quote from: Berserker on May 03, 2014, 06:38:53 PM
I think Felix had been trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear and it never worked. The players lost the fight after the Hull match I think.

Yes their faces at the end last week, they knew they had blown their
big chance.
Apparently tho this bug has been severe Hugo the worst, but about 10
Players were down with it.
If that true it does sap your strength, just when they needed to be
at their strongest..

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Luka on May 03, 2014, 06:43:52 PM
You can't polish a turd.
It's 100% down to having to many shite players.

Thd only peice of sense spoken. SHITE ALLSEASON.

Bedford White

You can't polish a turd.[\B]

You can't polish a turd! but you can roll it in glitter!

As for Magath had too much to do, with too little. Maybe he underestimated the task and assumed that he was taking on a group of unlucky players. I think he was shocked at their attitudes and lack of fitness.

He may have made the changes out of a genuine necessity because he felt the playing staff at his disposal were not up to the job.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 03, 2014, 06:56:35 PM
You can't polish a turd.

Thd only peice of sense spoken. SHITE ALLSEASON.

whoops, fingers are flailing but didnt mean to post that,  that early, Personally cant wait for Blackpool away again, f@cjking magic weekend, stick Hull city right up your shafter - sh2te only took me 12 mons to write this / ip yje fulham !!1 drow2n ur sorrows boys xxx

andyk

I can only assume Magath believed Stoke would play Crouch and Walters up front and fire the ball into the air at every opportunity. Maybe he was watching clips of Rory Delap launching those terrifying throw-ins at panicking defences, it's the only explanation. Poor old Dan Byrne, an inexperienced centre back, 6ft 4ins and then he is told to deal with a speedy, tricky, winger who has a centre of gravity four foot below him.

I am seriously worried that Alan Hansen may explode when analysing this performance on motd, plus he will definitely break the world record for the number of times the word "shambolic" is used in a match summary. 

PokerMatt

You can't polish a turd.

Hear Hear Luka.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Max Headroom

I felt sorry for dan burn...... And stockdale

But Richardson, Diarra, Holtby, hangeland Parker and Riise should be ashamed of themselves. Sidwell heitinga and bent were little better.

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Cravenawin

Playing Holtby as a winger just about summed the day up. Then to take him off and put a natural winger on emphasised that the man seems clueless when it comes to team selection and formation. Hope he jumps ship and we get someone like Malky Mackay in who knows what it takes to get a team out of the Championship.

Logicalman

Quote from: Bedford White on May 03, 2014, 07:02:14 PM
You can't polish a turd.[\B]

You can't polish a turd! but you can roll it in glitter!

As for Magath had too much to do, with too little. Maybe he underestimated the task and assumed that he was taking on a group of unlucky players. I think he was shocked at their attitudes and lack of fitness.

He may have made the changes out of a genuine necessity because he felt the playing staff at his disposal were not up to the job.

Looks like he did the same amount of homework on our squad before taking over, as he has done preparing for our Prem games then ... either very little, or total misunderstanding. Either way, no excuses.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.