watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League memories.

Started by FPT, May 03, 2014, 09:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

I think we should all go through our best memory of being in the top flight.

The first one that came to mine was the comeback at Manchester City. I had never celebrated a goal like I did with Kamara's, only thing topping it is "that goal" against Juventus.

Rhys Lightning 63

Gera's bicycle kick against Man Utd to seal a 2-0 win. Given how they battered us that day (whilst being down to ten men), was great to see Ronaldo pulling a strop
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Artful Dodger

Old Trafford 2003 first game in the Premier League. Having supported Fulham for the previous 15+ years and done my duty at places like the old Wigan, Doncaster after their chairman burnt half of it down, the old Hull, then Mansfield and Cambridge to name but a few, I still remember looking round just after we had taken the lead for the second time and thinking "I cannot believe we are here...it must be a dream". Well I guess I have just woken up.

But for sheer best day out, it has to be the final of the Europa Cup. I know it strictly wasn't the premier league but greatest day of my life (including marriage and birth of children)......probably!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Fulhampete

3-1 at Old Trafford. Pouring with rain at the end of the game and I felt happier than Gene Kelly.

Sgt Fulham

1st: Fulham 4-1 Juventus
2nd: Fulham 2-1 Hamburg
3rd: Fulham 3-0 Man Utd.

Baszab

First game at Old Trafford after 30 years out of the first division - we were in the directors box and jumped up when Saha scored - we were made to sit down very quickly by Mancy stewards - only me and my wife yelling and everyone else staring

Burt

Good thread FPT, thanks for starting the ball rolling.

Best premier league memory for me was being at Fratton Park at the conclusion of the Great Escape. It felt like we had won a cup final.

That team had all the ingredients missing from the current one - players with a big heart, fight, spirit and a never-say-die attitude. We could really have done with a Murphy, McBride and Bullard this season...

Today just summed the whole season up in 90 minutes, and was a pitiful way to sign off our premier league years.

aaronmcguigan

i have to say the first game.

The sense of arrival, all the new players on show, the new kit, the new badge, our ambitious chairman and the United of the South, Saha bursting onto the scene, knowing we had just signed one of the worlds best keepers, knowing we were playing united and although we got beat we knew we gave them a good old going at.
Mixing old pros like Hayles and Collins with Van der Sar and Malbranque and  the result being an amazing mixture of down to earth determination and senseless optimism.

It didnt all go to plan but just the feeling that day was immense. Guess next week will be closure.

Martinsback

The first game at the Cottage...an evening game, the drummers drumming, flags waving and beating Sunderland 2-0 I think....

bog

Man Utd 1 Fulham 3 Oct 2003. Still have my ticket framed on me mantle piece.

092.gif

Burt

Quote from: bog on May 03, 2014, 11:22:24 PM
Man Utd 1 Fulham 3 Oct 2003. Still have my ticket framed on me mantle piece.

092.gif

I was on half term holiday with the kids at the time and nearly crashed the car when I heard the final score!