more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

for what it is worth... my opinion

Started by nose, May 03, 2014, 10:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

just back from stoke
i have held myself in check for ages because people seem to want to bicker with me just for stating my opinion... but actually i ghave tonned myself down but today i will tell you what i think.... i don't think it is that far from anyone else

just about today... that was probably the most pathetic, gutless and appalling display from a fulham side i can actually recall... we needed big performances and maximum effort... we got a disastrous team selection and no effort worth mentioning from the team, about 60 minutes until our first attempt of note speaks volumes. The team should be thoroughly ashamed of what they did today as should the manager.  we didn't go down today because of this display alone but it was quite dispiriting to watch a pathetic, limp and lame performance from everyone but the goalkeeper and hetinger who at least seemed to have some life in him

regarding the season overall I totally blame the board for our demise, ali mac is completely to blame for what has happened, it isn't really necessary to debate that. allowing jol to remain ion place for so long was the real thing that has killed us and then appointing a man with no management experience when we were in such dire straits was unbelievably stupid! I repeat unbelievably stupid!

Then just when rene seemed to be getting somewhere to  change the manager was suicide with only one possible outcome. if we were to make another change it had to be before the window.

as far as the players are concenred almost all the senior players should be removed  because they are not up to it, not even in a lower league.

stockdale was imense, somebody elsewhere has critised him but that is wrong, stockers is a hero, and hetinga has been very good BUT
hangerland is not what he was, past his sell by date a liability as is JAR and karagounis and parker was so poor i cannot see how he can stay at all
sidwell, bless him tries very hard and gets a few goals and i love him, but nowhere near good enough, has to go too.
richardson, not fit, as usual, ok when he is and played quite well for a few games, but we need players that aren't forever below 100% so get rid of him.
diara, i love but too old, dejagah, get rid too eratic and slow, today when we needed a performance he showed what he is, not good enough.
kaka, lightweight, i like him though and may suit the championship, as a squad player
bent, useless, rodders, love him but not good enough
i like woodrow and woukld have played him today and burn is good but showed never again at right back

amore, mega useless i hope never to see him in a fulham shirt ever again

in short we need a virtually complete new squad (hardly rocket science).

Oh and mitroglu, if i never see him or hear his name again it will not be a minute too soon, what a con man he is.

Felix, personally i would now go and get malky mackay.... felix may be ok but somehow i think he will end in tears based on today and the spurs debacles.

And to the people that didn't want gus poyet when i screamed we should get him....  and were so rude to me for voicing my opinion (insulting actually not rude) well you were in error, we would still be in the top flight with gus, and looking forward to a successful next season, that is just the way it is, jol was a bad joke and gus was the so obvious succesor, what we can do now is get the ex cardiff manager and i think that will be the next best thing, i am not sure at all about felix anymore after what i just saw today

and the fulahm travelling fans today... who got a standing ovation from the stoke fans.... we are obviously the best supporters in the world.

bring on brentford

YankeeJim

Can't argue with much you have said. I pretty much agree except about Sidwell & maybe Hugo. Otherwise, IMHO, you are spot on.

As to people having a go at you, I don't think its about your opinion but about your delivery and the odd comment about "real" fans. Today was well written.  082.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

nose

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 03, 2014, 11:27:21 PM
Can't argue with much you have said. I pretty much agree except about Sidwell & maybe Hugo. Otherwise, IMHO, you are spot on.

As to people having a go at you, I don't think its about your opinion but about your delivery and the odd comment about "real" fans. Today was well written.  082.gif

do i say that? If I do i do not really mean anything by it. Probably just in a fit of irritation when things are not going that well i can get a bit carried away.

However, in my minor defence you may have noticed some of the vitiriol hurled at m when i spend so long thinking and living fulham and guarantee to turn up even when it is going wrong and when others say... if we go down I won't go, or i shan't attend V palace because we are already down... but i still get excited and want to win no matter what .... and hopefully see us do better...... being one of 2000 or so in the lowest league, not one of the absentee fans when we were in the lower leagues who now tell me I perhaps should stay away as one or two did unkindly suggest..... but hey i forgive them.

I hope you get a feed next season, i don't know how it works in the lower divisions with coverage. For us here we have a few more closer away days so home earlier and more regular KO times will be a benifit but I would rather have stayed up.

Bedford White

TBH I don't think that Gus Poyet could have done any better with the shower of shite we so optimistically refer to as our team.

As you rightly point out there are few players worth retaining from our squad.

nose

Quote from: Bedford White on May 04, 2014, 12:01:18 AM
TBH I don't think that Gus Poyet could have done any better with the shower of shite we so optimistically refer to as our team.

well he was my choice, he couldn't have done much worse and if we had got him instead of rene he would have had the transfer window. we will never know

YankeeJim

Quote from: nose on May 03, 2014, 11:37:41 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on May 03, 2014, 11:27:21 PM

do i say that? If I do i do not really mean anything by it. Probably just in a fit of irritation when things are not going that well i can get a bit carried away.

However, in my minor defence you may have noticed some of the vitiriol hurled at m when i spend so long thinking and living fulham and guarantee to turn up even when it is going wrong and when others say... if we go down I won't go, or i shan't attend V palace because we are already down... but i still get excited and want to win no matter what .... and hopefully see us do better...... being one of 2000 or so in the lowest league, not one of the absentee fans when we were in the lower leagues who now tell me I perhaps should stay away as one or two did unkindly suggest..... but hey i forgive them.

I hope you get a feed next season, i don't know how it works in the lower divisions with coverage. For us here we have a few more closer away days so home earlier and more regular KO times will be a benifit but I would rather have stayed up.

It seems that I can get a feed from Sky. I'll probably just do it on a per game bases since I don't have a lot of interest in many of the teams in the Championship and they don't show all the games every week. Maybe there will be something new next year. Maybe Khan can do something about it. Perhaps you can do a "view from SW London".
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YoungsBitter

I am underwhelmed by Sidwell and have been all season, we have been shite in every game he and Parker line up, the same slightly too late arrival when pressing, the late tackle giving away free kick that leads to yet another goal, the dead end run, the loss of the ball when caught in possession. Too slow and not good enough even for Championship. Sadly Parker is on another 2 years at Prem wages - hopefully Sidwell for all his huff and puff will be off to Burnley or Leicester for last career prem cash in. I think Hangeland has been terrible all season and will get eaten alive in the Championship. Time for a clear out. If Kasami and Kaka stay that's not bad in my opinion. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

God The Mechanic

Quote from: nose on May 04, 2014, 12:07:40 AM
Quote from: Bedford White on May 04, 2014, 12:01:18 AM

well he was my choice, he couldn't have done much worse and if we had got him instead of rene he would have had the transfer window. we will never know

Whilst he would have had a transfer window to work with, his signings at Sunderland have hardly set the world alight.  Had he signed the same players, we'd just have a squad with an extra 12 players who contribute sod all to the team ;)

St Eve

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I would have to fight you if you had slated Stockdale   but It is open season on the rest

Build from the back,  innit !!!!

jarv

Your opinion is always worth reading. Another good post. What a mess!

Deanothefulhamfan

Really good post....

Sidwell has been our player of the season, and feel the critical of him to be a little unfair, he will be fantastic in the championship imo...but think you are spot on with everything else.

Bedford White

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on May 04, 2014, 05:33:07 AM
Really good post....

Sidwell has been our player of the season, and feel the critical of him to be a little unfair, he will be fantastic in the championship imo...but think you are spot on with everything else.

As far as I'm aware Sidwell hasn't agreed terms, could be he'll leave on a free in June, going to a current or newly promoted PL team. On one hand he's almost beyond criticism as one of the few who  seem to give a damn, and by that token we should attempt to resign him. On the other hand he's 31, should we consider offering another long term contract to an older player? (I say long term as he won't sign for less than 24 months). Also is there any indication that he won't turn pony (a la Riether) as soon as he gets his long term deal.

GrahamG

Agree with almost all of this. I wanted to believe that Felix knew what he was doing but his team selection and tactics (even allowing for what he had at his disposal) have been hopeless. We held on to Jol for far too long and I would have taken Pullis to do a job to get us through this season. Just see what he has done at Palace with a squad every bit as limited as what we have. We may not have wanted him long-term but you sometimes need to compromise. What a complete mess of things the Board have made.   

SadOldGit

Quote from: GrahamG on May 04, 2014, 08:25:41 AM
Agree with almost all of this. I wanted to believe that Felix knew what he was doing but his team selection and tactics (even allowing for what he had at his disposal) have been hopeless. We held on to Jol for far too long and I would have taken Pullis to do a job to get us through this season. Just see what he has done at Palace with a squad every bit as limited as what we have. We may not have wanted him long-term but you sometimes need to compromise. What a complete mess of things the Board have made.   

Yes, you and Nose are completely right.  Whether anyone else could have pulled us up we will never know.  What I do know is that my dad took me to my first game at CC 60 years ago now, and so of course have been here and seen this before.  Doesn't ease the pain any in the heart, but the mind says look forward to the next adventure with Fulham.  It's always better to journey in hope.  It was fun, and huge excitement every time we were promoted from a lower league.  We will do it again. BTW, agree about Stockdale.  Only sorry he's not going to the World Cup. Thank you all for being the Fulham Faithful.  COYW.

Blanco

Quote from: nose on May 03, 2014, 10:26:50 PM
Oh and mitroglu, if i never see him or hear his name again it will not be a minute too soon, what a con man he is.

Have to disagree with you there. Mitroglou has been offered a move to the Prem and he's taken it. Then he's got injured. You can't blame him. It's the wankers that signed him.