watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Out contracted squad for next season...

Started by JackyFulham90, May 05, 2014, 10:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Was thinking about who will be reporting for Pre-Season training for life in the championship.
Obviously some players are out of contract & some will look to leave or attract interest from other clubs but the players under contract reporting for Pre-Season will be...

David Stockdale
Maarten Stekelenburg
Sascha Riether
Elsad Zverotic
Brede Hangeland
Dan Burn
Fernando Amorebieta
Keiran Richardson
Ryan Williams
Larnell Cole
Ashkan Dejagah
Scott Parker
Ryan Tunnicliffe
Pajtim Kasami
Alex Kacaniklic
Bryan Ruiz
Patrick Roberts
Chris David
Hugo Rodallega
Moussa Dembele
Kostas Mitroglou
Marcello Trotta
Cauley Woodrow

I know there will be many changes but it shows you that the club are not in a bad position when shaping up for the new season & after watching the U18s tonight I'm very much looking forward to next season. COYW

alfie

Isn't Berbatov on loan, is he also due to come back or was he sold ?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Admin

Quote from: alfie on May 05, 2014, 11:01:12 PM
Isn't Berbatov on loan, is he also due to come back or was he sold ?

Sold

Barrett487

Berba is on loan till end of season, then out of contract as i understand it, so he's gone.

bobbo

Not sold but on loan ,BUT his contract is now up and he'll be a free agent
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Admin

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 05, 2014, 11:10:58 PM
Berba is on loan till end of season, then out of contract as i understand it, so he's gone.

On the January 2014 deadline, it was reported that AS Monaco had signed Berbatov to replace the injured Radamel Falcao for the remainder of the season first believed to be a loan move although it was later revealed that Fulham had released Berbatov.

JackyFulham90

Berbatov,  Karagounis,  Riise, Sidwell & Heitinga are out of contract.

Holtby, Kvist & Bent will return to there clubs

Trotta, R Williams,  Ruiz all to return from there loans away from the club

fulhamben

That is not the worst squad I've ever seen. In fact if we can keep our 5 strikers we should have enough goals in us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

St Eve

Quote from: fulhamben on May 05, 2014, 11:44:05 PM
That is not the worst squad I've ever seen. In fact if we can keep our 5 strikers we should have enough goals in us
it is an awful squad. Hopefully the majority will go

fulhamben

Quote from: St Eve on May 05, 2014, 11:47:11 PM
it is an awful squad. Hopefully the majority will go
really, I'd lose Parker stek  zverotic and amorebiata but keep the rest.

MJG

Offload a couple of the sellable assets, invest in 3/4 key players and it would look good.
Aslo missing players who could step up like Grimmer

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on May 05, 2014, 11:50:38 PM
Offload a couple of the sellable assets, invest in 3/4 key players and it would look good.
our sellable assets are the ones we want to keep. Start selling them off and buy quantity over quality will only make us weaker. We just had a whole season of useless players, we need to have 3 or 4 players that will be the envy of the league. Ashman would be one, as would kosta. But hey no doubt we will sell them and get some cheap useless players in

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on May 05, 2014, 11:54:56 PM
our sellable assets are the ones we want to keep. Start selling them off and buy quantity over quality will only make us weaker. We just had a whole season of useless players, we need to have 3 or 4 players that will be the envy of the league. Ashman would be one, as would kosta. But hey no doubt we will sell them and get some cheap useless players in
Sell Ruiz & stek and that should get us about 8-10M which will help with purchases. Ruiz would not be able to deal with the Champ

Snibbo

Quote from: MJG on May 05, 2014, 11:56:46 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 05, 2014, 11:54:56 PM
Sell Ruiz & stek and that should get us about 8-10M which will help with purchases. Ruiz would not be able to deal with the Champ
8-10 mill for Ruiz and Stek!  That would be great business. Can't see it happening.

F(f)CUK

Notice how those leaving mean that we have virtually no central midfielders. I just hope Fulham does as we evidently failed to notice this two years ago when Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey and Dembele all left.

fulhamben

Quote from: F(f)CUK on May 06, 2014, 07:06:25 AM
Notice how those leaving mean that we have virtually no central midfielders. I just hope Fulham does as we evidently failed to notice this two years ago when Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey and Dembele all left.
we've had no cm's all year and that's why we went down

Bronaldinho

Would love to see Bryan Ruiz come back.

Deserves another chance from most Fulham fans. His elegance and class would have been tremendous in Berbatov's absence. Having Ruiz + Berbatov, was always going to draw criticism unless we were winning, but him ahead of Holtby would have been great.

Stekelenburg is a goner, he's played his last game. Magath doesn't rate him at all - Which I don't agree with, he's made some amazing saves and only the poor defence in front of him as let him down. Only thing Stockdale is better at is commanding the box/claiming crosses.

Also, what was the thinking behind the long term deal for Parker and then being shy about offering Sidwell another deal?

Zverotic wouldn't be good in League 2 let alone the championship.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Northern Cottager

A lot of clubs have started releasing statements with who has been released, when will we do ours?!

The Rock

Regardless who we have, as most of us have been saying, we need to replace Dempsey and Dembele, and now Aaron Hughes, and our LB. We bring 4 quality players to fill those positions I bet we get promoted and with relative ease. 

bucksfulham

Quote from: bobbo on May 05, 2014, 11:11:36 PM
Not sold but on loan ,BUT his contract is now up and he'll be a free agent
[/quote

If you look on the club website at player profiles you will see that loaned out players are still on there. Berbatov is not there so I think we terminated his contract in January