more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Name me one player who is worth buying?

Started by JHaynes Paperboy, May 07, 2014, 08:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHaynes Paperboy

:023:
I mean a Fulham player, we haven't got a player in our starting 11 that another premiership club would say " I'll have him for 10m "

Jack Fulham

Not for 10 million but I reckon a lot of teams would take Dejagah.

BestOfBrede

Dejagah
Stek
Super Glou
Ruiz
Stockers
Tank
Burn
Woodrow

If Brede & Kaca can get their form back then add them too!

I know it's not much to show for a whole prem club but you asked "Name me one player who is worth buying" and I took the liberty of naming the ones I believe could be of interest to a few Prem clubs. (evn if its newly promoted, rather than established ones)

And a fair few of the under 21/18s - although obviously wouldn't be millions.

FPT

People told me that I was talking balls when I said at every Premier League side, I'd have their central midfield over ours......

Anyway, the Premiership hasn't been called that since like 07 - old school I like. Anyway, why does it matter if an English club doesn't want somebody that a midtabler or title challenger in Italy or Holland wants... If their wanted, it doesn't matter, in that case:

Stekelenburg - Disappointing, but still a draw, we could probably near enough break even on that one.

Ruiz - Lots of clubs around Europe will look at him, £5m would be a fair price considering form and age

Dejagah - Again, clubs around Europe could look at him, especially after a purple patch.

Mitroglou - Scouted heavily by Inter, Arsenal and Dortmund before moving to Fulham... He'll be wanted more than the Ali Mac Out crowd think.

Parker - In England anyway, contract length and wages could be an issue, but there's plenty of teams that would want him. QPR for example.

Then of course a load of young players but that's unlikely.

Craven Mad

I've said all along: we have a good SQUAD, but an awful TEAM.

Most of our players are prem quality, but one of the reasons we've been rubbish is our squad has too many similar players (e.g. 3 left-sided CBs, 5 DMs and no CMs, etc), meaning that we're not getting good performances.

I can see us getting a lot of offers from prem teams.

filham

After watching the under18's in their cup final I would think our hottest property is young Roberts. I bet he is on a few lists of young players wanted by big clubs.

Dodger53

0001.gif 0001.gif 0001.gif 0001.gif 0001.gif
Quote from: Craven Mad on May 07, 2014, 09:44:53 AM

Most of our players are prem quality, but one of the reasons we've been rubbish is our squad has too many similar players (e.g. 3 left-sided CBs, 5 DMs and no CMs, etc), meaning that we're not getting good performances.

rusty shackleford

Hopefully Parker, Amore and the other clowns on longer contracts have relegation clauses

Craven Mad

Quote from: Dodger53 on May 07, 2014, 10:20:20 AM
0001.gif 0001.gif 0001.gif 0001.gif 0001.gif

Well, thanks for the constructive comment. I'll try and rebut, regardless.

If it wasn't for our capitulation in the final 10 minutes of matches, we would be 15th; our squad cannot be that terrible. One possible explanation for the late goals could be our ageing team, who are unable to compete for 90 minutes. This is certainly a weakness of the players, but does not mean our whole team is not prem quality.

Additionally, it is our defensive record that has blighted the season. Many of the goals we've conceded have been from individual errors along the back line - making a few individuals NOT prem standard, but shouldn't wholly reflect on the rest. Our team has 1 recognised RB (who has been rubbish), 1 recognised right-sided CB (who only arrived in Jan), 1 recognised LB (who has been rubbish) - and all of which are over 30.

If we had Heitinga and Holtby from September, plus spent the Mitrog, Parker & Zverotic money on Rhodes+Cresswell+any forward-facing CM+and an <25 RB, I STRONGLY believe we would not be in this mess. We had two terrible transfer windows, leaving the team short in certain areas.

I do not think that our entire team is devoid of quality, but certain players (and certain positions) have been severely lacking.

Deanothefulhamfan

Fulham Joe

JHaynes Paperboy

JackyFulham90

I genuinely think we only have 2 players other Premiership teams will be interested in signing & that is Dejagah & Sidwell

Sgt Fulham

Possibly Roberts in the future but not yet.

Bill2

For one single player, none. Mitroglu is untested at this level so not sure anyone would want to risk that sort of money. We do have a number of players that other clubs may try and snap up on the cheap as we are going down.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on May 07, 2014, 08:26:35 AM
:023:
I mean a Fulham player, we haven't got a player in our starting 11 that another premiership club would say " I'll have him for 10m "

That's a very high bar you are setting. How many players are bought for £10m per season? How many over the years have we sold for £10m?

mikeyffc28

Burn - like a young hangeland, so will be in his prime with a bit more experience

Dejagah - the pace and width he gives, plus not afraid to run at defences

Heitinga - I don't even know how we managed to get him, but he has been stuck in with a bunch of defenders who couldnt defend.  Deserves to be in the prem.

Stockdale - made some world class saves and kept scores reasonable with a ropey defence in front of him.

simplyfulham

Georgios Karagounis!

*wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Surely some director of football from another club will see this.

Apprentice to the Maestro

On paper we did probably have our strongest ever squad with players like Stekelenberg, Parker and Berbatov but, as you point out, they rarely looked like a coherent team. Only a handful played to their expected standard, the vast majority under-performed significantly. I would say that only Burn played better than we had a right to expect (when played in his proper position).

Unfortunately I am not as optimistic about getting a decent deal or even any offers on all but a handful again. Too many have been made to look very ordinary at best and most potential buyers will think that their careers are on a downward spiral mirroring that of the team.