watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Magath is staying

Started by JJG1988, May 07, 2014, 07:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Great news. Now we can be positive & move on.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Berserker

I'm glad we start the off season with a permanent manager
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RidgeRider

it does give us a shred of stability in a club that has lacked it for some time. I think they 'over-played' the stability card with Jol. I'm not 100% sold on Magath but at least we know, and given his CV, we could be in far worse hands.

Nero

So we have a manager before the transfer window open nice change all we need now is a transfer budget so he can buy players

The Dark Zat Knight Rises

Not my first choice but iam glad the club solved the managerial issue quickly.

I do however feel a bit worried, the man has not got a very impressive track record when it comes to handling players and Im just hoping he'll show A LOT more faith in our brilliant youngsters than he's done so far.

Hopefully he can build our squad for the future, so we dont end up in the same place again in two years time.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

http://www.shoot.co.uk/keep-faith-with-felix/

Keep faith with Felix
May 7, 2014
By Chris Simpson – @simpsonstimpy, Shoot's Fulham blogger

A lifeless performance against Stoke on Saturday confirmed our relegation from the top flight after 13 glorious years. The result left us fans once again questioning exactly why we found ourselves in this situation in the first place and who or what was to blame for the demise.

There is no doubt the challenge which awaited Magath when he took over was a monumental one especially given his inability to be able to bring in his own players. Up to the Stoke game at least I was very much in favour of the German. He failed to achieve the results needed in the end but we did show some signs of improvement albeit not enough. The likes of Woodrow, Roberts, Dembele and Burn were all given a chance. Whether or not Felix will survive what is likely to be a rather turbulent summer at Motspur Park remains to be seen but I do feel those calling for his head are being a little premature.

There is no doubt that the Stoke game in particular raised some fresh concerns. Felix had already received criticism for seemingly wasting substitutions and for unpredictable team selections. The decision to play Holtby yet again in a wide right position on Saturday was questionable, even more so when he replaced the Spurs loanee with Dejagah after 35 minutes. Dan Burn found himself in an unfamiliar right-back position and "fan's favourite" Darren Bent somehow managed to wangle himself a start up front.

The fact is for all of the talk around Magath's training regimes and his hardline approach, we are yet to see any sort of identity in his style of play and as a whole we continue to look like a squad of individuals. In his defence I would presume that everything over the last few months has been geared towards a short term approach and the end of this season. Perhaps now at least with our fate sealed he will be able to look at more of a long term game.

I don't genuinely believe that Felix is the perfect manager to rebuild the club and indeed his predecessor in my eyes Rene Meulensteen may well have been a better man for the rebuilding process. I do however believe that what we need is stability and another managerial casualty would only add to the embarrassment that has been Khan's first season as chairman. I have heard people talk about the likes of Mackay as a potential suitor but these are only in ideal worlds. Only this week Rodney Marsh offered his thoughts and in one sentence summed up exactly what we could be faced with were we to dismiss Magath. "They need a Neil Warnock or Dave Jones, who have success at that level."

All I am saying is be careful what you wish for. Things may be bad at the moment but there are a lot worse than Felix out there. Let's give him a chance to build and with it bring the stability we require to start again.

Admin

Bit of a no-brainer really. 

MrProphet

Very impressed that he has kept true to his word and we are going to have some much needed stability. By far the most decorated manager in the championship.
I suspect he has been given some reassurance about funds and the backing to flog / role out the back door 75% of the squad

MikeW

Accepting he couldn't do much (anything?) with the squad he inherited the one thing he should have done is motivate.  He singularly failed.  Sorry, but a fact.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."