more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (07/05/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 07, 2014, 07:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Loan Round-Up

Marcello Trotta was on target as Championship-bound Brentford ended their Sky Bet League One season with a 2-0 win over bottom club Stevenage.

After a goalless first half, the Bees took the lead when Trotta slid home Nico Yennaris' low cross, and Alan Judge made sure of the points late on.

In the same division, Stephen Arthurworrey was an unused substitute as 10-man Tranmere Rovers were relegated after they lost 2-1 to Bradford City and results went against them elsewhere.

Matthew Pennington gave Tranmere an early lead but Junior Brown was sent off on 31 minutes. And two goals in the last nine minutes saw the Bantams seal victory through Jon Stead and Aaron McLean.

The result, along with Crewe Alexandra's win over Preston North End and Notts County's point at Oldham Athletic, was enough to send Rovers down in 21st place.

In Sky Bet League Two, Marcus Bettinelli took bragging rights over Fulham teammate Tom Richards as Accrington Stanley defeated AFC Wimbledon 3-2.

Kayode Odejayi gave the hosts an early lead before James Gray headed his first and Accrington's second. Gray made it 3-0 shortly after the break and Richards was substituted in the 54th minute, before Jack Midson and Kwesi Appiah made it a nervy end to the game for Stanley.

The win means Stanley finish the season in 15th, with the Dons in 20th position.

In the same league, Ryan Williams had an eventful afternoon as Oxford United were beaten 3-1 at Northampton Town.

Williams poked in for Oxford early on but then saw red after an altercation with Ricky Ravenhill.

And goals from John Marquis, Ivan Toney and Mathias Kouo-Doumbe sealed the comeback for Town to keep them in the Football League. Oxford finish the season in eighth.

Over in the Dutch Eredivisie, Bryan Ruiz helped PSV Eindhoven finish fourth to book a place in the UEFA Europa League after a comfortable 2-0 win over NAC Breda.

Memphis Depay opened the scoring after 16 minutes, while Jeffrey Bruma put the game to bed with a glancing header on the hour mark. Ruiz made way in the 74th minute.

In Finland, Josh Pritchard played for 79 minutes as FC Honka drew 1-1 at home to FF Jaro.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/may/06/loan-round-up?

WhiteJC

Fulham midfielder Ashkan Dejagah in Iran World Cup training squad

Fulham midfielder Ashkan Dejagah has been included in Iran's preliminary 28-man World Cup squad.

Dejagah played 21 league games for the Cottagers this season, scoring five goals in a difficult campaign as they were relegated.

Iran boss Carlos Queiroz has handed the 27-year-old a timely boost by giving him a chance to go to Brazil.

Ex-Manchester United assistant boss Queiroz will trim his final squad to 23 players by Fifa's 2 June deadline.

The former Real Madrid coach has excluded 35-year-old forward Ali Karimi, who won 127 caps, and included Rubin Kazan's 19-year-old uncapped prodigy Sardar Azmoun.

Charlton midfielder Reza Ghoochannejhad is also in the squad.

Iran will hold training camps in Tehran and Austria ahead of the World Cup finals, where they will play Argentina, Bosnia and Nigeria in Group F.

Goalkeepers: Daniel Davari (Eintracht Braunschweig), Alireza Haghighi (Sporting Covilha, on loan from Rubin Kazan), Rahman Ahmadi (Sepahan), Sousha Makani (Foolad Khuzestan).

Defenders: Khosro Heidari (Esteghlal), Hossein Mahini (Persepolis), Steven Beitashour (Vancouver Whitecaps), Pejman Montazeri (Umm Salal), Jalal Hosseini (Persepolis), Amir Sadeghi (Esteghlal), Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh (Zob Ahan), Ahmad Alenemeh (Naft), Hashem Beikzadeh (Esteghlal), Ehsan Hajsafi (Sepahan), Mehrdad Pooladi (Persepolis).

Midfielders: Javad Nekounam (Al Kuwait), Andranik Teymourian (Esteghlal), Reza Haghighi (Persepolis), Ghasem Hadadifar (Zob Ahan), Bakhtiyar Rahmani (Foolad), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (NEC Nijmegen), Ashkan Dejagah (Fulham).

Forwards: Masoud Shojaei (Las Palmas), Mohammad Reza Khalatbari (Persepolis), Mehdi Sharifi (Sepahan), Reza Ghoochannejhad (Charlton), Karim Ansarifard (Persepolis, on loan at Tractor Sazi), Sardar Azmoun (Rubin Kazan).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27308303

WhiteJC

Sean Davis: 'Promotion will be tough for Fulham'

Former Fulham midfielder Sean Davis has claimed that it will be tough for the club to return to the Premier League at the first attempt.

The Cottagers were relegated to the Championship on Saturday with a 4-1 defeat at Stoke City.

Davis hopes that Fulham can make a swift return to the top flight, but he expects the side to experience a difficult campaign in the second tier.

"The immediate target will be a quick return to the top flight but it won't be easy as the Championship is a tough league," he told the club's official website.

"Look at Queens Park Rangers; they've struggled this year and they've got a massive squad. It's going to be a tough, tough challenge but hopefully it will be an enjoyable one and we can start off by winning some games and build up the confidence so the fans want to come and watch us play."

Fulham end their Premier League campaign on Sunday when they entertain Crystal Palace

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/relegation-battle/news/davis-promotion-will-be-tough-for-fulham_153848.html

WhiteJC

Bettinelli's Accolade

Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli capped a fine season on loan at Accrington Stanley by scooping the Club's Young Player of the Year award.
The 21-year-old initially joined the Sky Bet League Two outfit on a one-month loan deal in August, but his form convinced Stanley boss James Beattie to extend the move until the end of the 2013/14 campaign.

An injury to Whites stopper Maarten Stekelenburg saw Bettinelli recalled to London, but he was soon back to aid Accrington in their bid to avoid relegation – one which they ended up comfortably achieving as they finished in 15th position.

The youngster made 41 appearances in total during his time with Stanley, with his confident performances between the sticks – in which time he accrued 11 clean sheets – earning him the award as voted for by the supporters.

"I'd like to thank the fans for this award, I really appreciate that but the real reward for me has been coming here and getting games," Marcus told Accrington's official website.

"After about five or six matches it felt like I was part of this team and it wasn't a case of me getting league games, it was a case of keeping this club playing league football.

"I'm very proud of myself, very proud of my teammates and the staff, because we have done that together.

"It's been a new experience for me and playing 40-odd games in a row without missing one is tough. The weather conditions have been tough, playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday is tough, and it's a league where you can get battered physically every week.

"It's about digging deep, it's about the end result over the season and we deserve to be where we are in the table. The result on the last day [a 3-2 win against AFC Wimbledon] capped off a great season for all of us."

Photo courtesy of accringtonstanley.co.uk.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/may/07/bettinellis-accolade?

WhiteJC

Final Whistle Sale Continues

Fulham fans can make the most of huge reductions on official Club merchandise thanks to our end of season Final Whistle Sale!

Get your hands on 2013/14 adidas Home or Third Kit Replica Socks from £2.99, Shorts from £4.99, and the last few Shirts from an amazing £17.49! Don't forget to check out the 2013/14 Home Goalkeeper Shirt now at an incredible £19.99!

The remaining items of adidas 2013/14 Training lines are now available at the Stadium Store, in selected sizes only, including Training tops, jackets and fleeces at prices not to be missed!

Finally, there are further reductions to be taken advantage of in our Fulham Fashion lines, such as the Toldeo jacket now just £29.99, and the popular Riedle Hoody now £19.99.

Shop direct on 0843 208 1223, at the Stadium Store, or online now.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/may/07/final-whistle-sale-continues?

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Fulham's John Arne Riise ready to stay at Craven Cottage

John Arne Riise has indicated that he would be prepared to sign a new deal at Fulham if the club want him to stay.

Riise's contract expires at the end of the season and he has yet to hold talks over an extension because he has kept his focus on trying to keep Fulham in the Premier League.

Fulham lost their fight for survival at the weekend and can now start to rebuild for life in the Championship, and Riise insists that he would be keen to help them bounce back if a deal can be agreed that suits all parties.

"My contract is up now. If I'm here or not next season I don't know, but Fulham will always be in my heart," Riise told the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle.

"I haven't spoken to the club because my focus has been keeping the club in the Premier League. If they want to keep me and everything is right for me then I'll stay."

Riise has been with Fulham since 2011 and made his 100th appearance for the club in Saturday's 4-1 defeat at Stoke City.

It was a result which sealed Fulham's demise, together with Sunderland's win at Manchester United, and Riise admits it was the low point of his career.

"I'm absolutely gutted," he said. "This fantastic club belongs in the Premier League, so there were a lot of sad players in the dressing room.

"At the end of the day we haven't been good enough during the season. The three bottom clubs deserve to go down.

"You have to perform at the highest level week in, week out, and we haven't done that in certain games.

"It's the first time I've experienced this kind of feeling. In my whole I career I thought about winning titles. I never for one second believed we would go down."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9301201?

WhiteJC

Fulham confirm Felix Magath will remain manager after the club's relegation

Felix Magath: Could not save Fulham after taking charge in February

Felix Magath will continue as Fulham manager next season, the club have told Sky Sports.

The 60-year-old German, who succeeded the sacked Rene Meulensteen in February, was charged with keeping the Whites in the Premier League but watched them tumble into the Championship with defeat at Stoke at the weekend.

The former Bayern Munich, Schalke and Wolfsburg boss signed an 18-month contract when he took over and vowed to rebuild an ageing squad after their 13-year stay in the top flight was ended.

And a Fulham spokesperson told Sky Sports on Wednesday: "Felix will manage the club next season. There has never been any ambiguity over his future from our perspective. He wants to bring us back to the Premier League."

Magath, who became the Whites' third manager of the campaign after they sacked Martin Jol and replaced him with Meulensteen in December, picked up three vital victories against Newcastle, Aston Villa and Norwich to take the club to within two points of safety last month.

But he was forced to apologise for a woeful performance in the 4-1 defeat on Saturday - their 24th loss of the season.

In a statement on the club's official website on Tuesday, Magath said: "I was appointed by Mr Shahid Khan realising that there was a distinct possibility that we would not survive.

"I was not only brought in until the end of the season with the primary target of keeping Fulham in the Premier League, but to build a team that can compete in the top flight. My commitment and desire to Fulham remains.

"During the summer months there most certainly will be many changes within the club. We obviously need to improve and redefine our playing staff, and we have in our academy team some talented, young and hungry players.

"I have experienced on many occasions, through working and developing youth team players, that they have the possibility to become top professionals. I am looking forward to the task ahead and to a successful future for all of us."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9301256/fulham-confirm-felix-magath-will-remain-manager-after-the-clubs-relegation?

WhiteJC

Felix Magath to remain in charge of relegated Fulham next season

Fulham have confirmed that Felix Magath will remain in charge next season, despite their relegation to the Sky Bet Championship.

Magath, who became Fulham's third manager of the campaign when he took over in February, saw their survival hopes end with the 4-1 defeat at Stoke on Sunday.

Despite the relegation, Magath has vowed to stay with Fulham and the Cottagers said on Wednesday that the German will spearhead their bid for an immediate return to the Barclays Premier League.

Staying put: Felix Magath will try and get Fulham promoted from the Championship at the first attempt

Feeling down: Magath sat dejected on the bench as Fulham were relegated at Stoke

'Felix will manage the club next season. There has never been any ambiguity over his future from our perspective. He wants to bring us back to the Premier League,' a Fulham spokesperson told Sky Sports.

Earlier this week Magath outlined his desire to stay on at Craven Cottage.

'I was not only brought in until the end of the season with the primary target of keeping Fulham in the Premier League, but to build a team that can compete in the top flight. My commitment and desire to Fulham remains,' he said in a statement on the club's official website.

Down and out: Fulham were relegated following the 4-1 defeat to Stoke

Down and out: Scott Parker looks dejected as he walks off the pitch

'During the summer months there most certainly will be many changes within the club. We obviously need to improve and redefine our playing staff, and we have in our academy team some talented, young and hungry players.

'I have experienced on many occasions, through working and developing youth team players, that they have the possibility to become top professionals. I am looking forward to the task ahead and to a successful future for all of us.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2622864/Felix-Magath-remain-charge-relegated-Fulham-season.html#ixzz315lD3RBD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

cmg

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 07, 2014, 07:46:15 PM

Fulham midfielder Ashkan Dejagah in Iran World Cup training squad

Fulham midfielder Ashkan Dejagah has been included in Iran's preliminary 28-man World Cup squad.

Dejagah played 21 league games for the Cottagers this season, scoring five goals in a difficult campaign as they were relegated.

Iran boss Carlos Queiroz has handed the 27-year-old a timely boost by giving him a chance to go to Brazil.

Ex-Manchester United assistant boss Queiroz will trim his final squad to 23 players by Fifa's 2 June deadline.

The former Real Madrid coach has excluded 35-year-old forward Ali Karimi, who won 127 caps, and included Rubin Kazan's 19-year-old uncapped prodigy Sardar Azmoun.

Charlton midfielder Reza Ghoochannejhad is also in the squad.

Iran will hold training camps in Tehran and Austria ahead of the World Cup finals, where they will play Argentina, Bosnia and Nigeria in Group F.

Goalkeepers: Daniel Davari (Eintracht Braunschweig), Alireza Haghighi (Sporting Covilha, on loan from Rubin Kazan), Rahman Ahmadi (Sepahan), Sousha Makani (Foolad Khuzestan).

Defenders: Khosro Heidari (Esteghlal), Hossein Mahini (Persepolis), Steven Beitashour (Vancouver Whitecaps), Pejman Montazeri (Umm Salal), Jalal Hosseini (Persepolis), Amir Sadeghi (Esteghlal), Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh (Zob Ahan), Ahmad Alenemeh (Naft), Hashem Beikzadeh (Esteghlal), Ehsan Hajsafi (Sepahan), Mehrdad Pooladi (Persepolis).

Midfielders: Javad Nekounam (Al Kuwait), Andranik Teymourian (Esteghlal), Reza Haghighi (Persepolis), Ghasem Hadadifar (Zob Ahan), Bakhtiyar Rahmani (Foolad), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (NEC Nijmegen), Ashkan Dejagah (Fulham).

Forwards: Masoud Shojaei (Las Palmas), Mohammad Reza Khalatbari (Persepolis), Mehdi Sharifi (Sepahan), Reza Ghoochannejhad (Charlton), Karim Ansarifard (Persepolis, on loan at Tractor Sazi), Sardar Azmoun (Rubin Kazan).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27308303

Wow! Andranik Teymourian! Who  can forget his magical 10 minutes of Premier League action for us against Arsenal? Me, I'm glad to say - although he did manage to get a yellow card during this time. These were the days when we beat Arsenal (and Hangeland scored goals occasionally).

Best of luck to Ashkan in Brazil.