watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nicklas Bendtner

Started by FFC-DownUnder, May 08, 2014, 08:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

My problem with Nicklas Bendtner is that he seems to have absolutely no motivation whatsoever, he's seemingly happy with how "good" he is now, and unwilling to have a period of going "I'm going to prove myself to all of my doubters."

He said he saw his next move at Barcelona or Real Madrid after Arsenal...

Another egotistical player that could be so much better if he applied himself.

BestOfBrede

WHy when we have SuperGlou waiting to prove himself?
What with Rodders and the youngsters we dont really haveissues on that front.

We need a new defence and midfield before striker. Obviously if we lose any then that would change but still Defence and Mid have to be priority.

the nutflush

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 08, 2014, 12:51:06 PM
WHy when we have SuperGlou waiting to prove himself?
What with Rodders and the youngsters we dont really haveissues on that front.

We need a new defence and midfield before striker. Obviously if we lose any then that would change but still Defence and Mid have to be priority.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

FFC1987

With Zat Knight and Bentner, we'd be unbeatable in the championship.

The Dark Zat Knight Rises

alfie

Quote from: the nutflush on May 08, 2014, 12:22:13 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on May 08, 2014, 11:51:57 AM
Who says he's crap though? Arsenal fans?! They also said Senderos was crap and he wasn't....in my opinion.
I'd have him, but not at the expense of bringing through youngsters.

Funniest thing Ive read all week.  Senderos wasn't crap.  Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I agree Senderos wasn't crap, i think we won more games with him paired with Hangeland over the last couple of season that we lost.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Sure if he's up for it. Mitroglou will not be playing for us next year.

NewYorkYank

Although I am an American, I feel uniquely qualified to render an opinion about Nicklas Bendtner.  I married a Dane 26 years ago, and my half-Danish son also happens to be a huge Arsenal fan (blame Thierry Henry, not his father).  As a consequence, I suspect that, with my son, I have watched Bendtner play, whether for Denmark. Arsenal, or even Sunderland, more than anyone on this board.  I am absolutely certain that I have purchased more Bendtner jerseys than the entire board combined, including that rare Juventus jersey (Don't believe the legend; Juventus sold at least one Bendtner jersey).

Laugh all you want, but physically he is an extremely talented player whose style would have suited Fulham this year to a tee.  He holds the ball up extremely well, is a surprisingly good passer, and has scored some crucial goals for Arsenal and Denmark.  In particular, his play for the Danish team has been exceptional, and his role was crucial in Denmark's winning tough groups for the 2010 WC and the 2012 European Championship.  His absence (primarily for his drunk driving conviction) was crucial in Denmark's failing to qualify for the WC this summer.

That said, even his most devoted fan (my son) has been forced to admit that, mentally, there is something irreparably wrong.  Whether its dropping his pants,  driving drunk, smashing cars, or simply rubbing up against them (you'll have to Google that one yourselves), he is always doing something insanely stupid, usually fueled by alchohol, and usually at 4:00 in the morning.  There was a period earlier this season when he seemed to realize that he was pissing away his career, and he really seemed to devote himself to fitness and playing hard, but once he was hurt again, and lost his place to Sanogo (in his defense that was an inexplicable humiliation), he had new incidents (including the night Arsenal was eliminated from the Champion's League).

Sports' history is filled with figures of immense talent who squandered it as well as their careers.  As much as I think a Bendtner with his head screwed on correctly would be a great pick-up, I doubt we will ever see him get his act together.

I recognize that a thread about Bendtner does not merit such a long post, but I could not resist.

valdeingruo

Great post, you indeed seem to have watched Bendter alot and offered great insight to this subject. Your worries are the same as mine, could he be a good player for  us, yes. Will he? Probably not if we got him due to his attitude.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Nero

Bendter the new zamora

cusackdribble

God, no thanks - he's got an ego the size of Mars. Be like signing a Championship version of Berbatov. Not what we need after this season's debacle!

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on May 08, 2014, 05:41:06 PM
And you know this for a fact, how?
Please don't say you have a mate working on the inside!

fulhamdk

I am a Dane and i think we should avoid Bendtner,his ego is way to big for our club

Bronaldinho

So many people hate him because of his ego.

But his international record proves he's a class target man, something we've lacked.

I'd love to see him play for us and he's in his prime. Sadly, the source is never correct and Bendtner wouldn't drop down a division.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

fulhamben

Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 09, 2014, 05:06:08 PM
So many people hate him because of his ego.

But his international record proves he's a class target man, something we've lacked.

I'd love to see him play for us and he's in his prime. Sadly, the source is never correct and Bendtner wouldn't drop down a division.
? Wouldn't say anyone hates him, but they have seen him fail time and time again at one of Europe's best
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Macedo

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 08, 2014, 07:18:46 PM
Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on May 08, 2014, 05:41:06 PM
And you know this for a fact, how?
Please don't say you have a mate working on the inside!

Ive got a mate working on the inside.
He is a Screw at Peterhead Prison..lol

BishopsParkFantastic

Another player on £70k/week who won't deliver?!

alfie

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on May 09, 2014, 09:50:54 PM

Another player on £70k/week who won't deliver?!

The clairvoyant powers of people on this forum amaze me sometimes
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Snibbo

Quote from: Nero on May 08, 2014, 06:43:16 PM
Bendter the new zamora
Well if we got a couple of good seasons out of him, like we did from Zamora, it would be brilliant business. Trouble is, needs a manager like Sir Roy to sort him out. Maybe Felix could scare him into behaving.

alfie

I think he learnt a very big lesson in self praise, it is no good unless others agree with you. When he returned to Arsenal he was actually ok and tried really hard.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't