watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship players that i would like to see at Fulham

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 08, 2014, 02:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Diego Poyet's contract at Charlton is up this summer, and would be a great addition to our poor midfield. Young first team regular.

And Grabban isn't a bad shout if Rodallega and Mitroglou both leaves.

ToodlesMcToot

What happened with Louis McGugan (think that's right)? He was one for bigger things last season. Left Forrest if I'm not mistaken, but I lost track of him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Jack Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 08, 2014, 07:49:10 PM
What happened with Louis McGugan (think that's right)? He was one for bigger things last season. Left Forrest if I'm not mistaken, but I lost track of him.

He's at Watford now.

I'd like to see us go for Poyet, McEachren and Chalobah. Maybe Billy Sharp as an experienced championship striker as well.

jmh

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 08, 2014, 05:08:06 PM
why do people suddenly think we'll sign Rhodes/Mccormack and why would they join us???

If we were in the prem they wouldnt join because we wouldnt pay the fee they'll need but now we're in the championship everyone seems to think Rhodes will just jump across to another Championship side? Makes no sense.
Yeah, I agree.  Some of these names seem pretty unrealistic. 

DutchCottager

Some other interesting players who are not mentioned in the OP:
- Ezekiel Fryers
- Jack Cork
- Neil Taylor
- Thomas Carroll
- Aaron Creswell
- Sam Byram
- Craig Bryson
- Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
- Scott Golbourne
- Bakary Sako
- Danny Batth
- Jack Hobbs
- Shane Duffy
- Kenneth Omeruo (underrated, was really good in the Netherlands and does really well for Middlesbrough right now)
Henri Lansbury
- Jamaal Lascelles

@jolslover

Surprised no ones mentioned him yet but ale faurlin is on a free transfer, I think he would be decent
Sako, Neil taylor and Tom carroll are good shouts, maybe Bentaleb on loan?,
STH H3

Aaron

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on May 08, 2014, 05:03:25 PM
Why would Rhodes leave Blackburn for another Championship side. Granted that he has scored a bundle of goals in that league but there seems a total lack of Premiership teams showing an interest.

I don't see him moving either, especially as he's at a team which is likely to challenge for promotion assuming no Premier League teams come knocking in the meantime.

I'm still very surprised no one has made a move for him yet.  Kevin Doyle, Ricky Lambert, Andy Johnson.. all big scorers in the Championship who went on to prove themselves in the Premier League so why not Rhodes?

LukeJennings

David, Roberts, Demble and possibly Passley and Christensen to breakthrough. Added on top with Dan Burn, would like to see us bring in a few names such, Shane Duffy, Nahki Wells, Jordan Rhodes and a few more, does Ravel Morrison fancy popping down?! Also Chalobah? Chris Cohen once he recovers from injury at Nottingham Forrest

Won't see Will Hughes here, he'll be at a 'big club' or in the prem with Derby
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

General

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on May 08, 2014, 05:00:45 PM
Chris Brown from Doncaster. Scored 11 for a team that got relegated. Will be cheap and will get goals at championship level.

I know this is sad, but can we really stop looking for the cheap players who can do a job and just go for proper players that cost the money to get the job done.

Classic94

Neil Taylor and Jack Cork would be very decent signings.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: General on May 09, 2014, 12:22:32 AM
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on May 08, 2014, 05:00:45 PM
Chris Brown from Doncaster. Scored 11 for a team that got relegated. Will be cheap and will get goals at championship level.

I know this is sad, but can we really stop looking for the cheap players who can do a job and just go for proper players that cost the money to get the job done.

Nothing beats a proven goal scorer, just because he would be a bargain is no reason to turn your nose up at him. Splashing cash doesn't always work, just ask the hahas.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Full Metal Ham

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 08, 2014, 05:08:06 PM
why do people suddenly think we'll sign Rhodes/Mccormack and why would they join us???

If we were in the prem they wouldnt join because we wouldnt pay the fee they'll need but now we're in the championship everyone seems to think Rhodes will just jump across to another Championship side? Makes no sense.

For me: Lewis Grabban at Bournemouth...good age, release clause (3mil) and would probably join us as we should(!) do better than Bournemouth next season

Agreed! Grabban would be a very good addition. Strong, tenacious striker who would add a bit of muscle up front, might compliment Cauley in that respect. Interest from the Prem though so might be over our heads already (sheesh)

fulhamphil

When it comes to rebuilding the team FFC might look to the blueprint that got us up under Tigana in 2001. We will need 3 solid CB's. Tigana had Melville, Kit and Goma. Both full-backs must go. While both Cresswell and Taylor should have been acquired from a position of strength when we could offer Premiership football that is no longer the case. I will consider boycotting the Whites should JAR not be shown the door. Across the back four next season I can see Burn, Grimmer and Arthurworry holding their own, Brede has lost it and should leave.

Tigana's ace in the hole was Saha of course. Dembele is the new Louis but he's still too raw to do it on his own. Therefore Fulham will need to spend to find that predatory finisher in the mould of an Austin, Ings or Rhodes. I don't expect Mitroglou to stay and the club should claw back money for him to fund reinforcements.

Back to Tigana's wonder team. Three forwards with frightening pace and hustle in LBM, Saha and Barry Hayles. This was Jol's biggest fail, he built a team of old donkeys. Tigana did have a one-paced plodder in MF in Lee Clark, but he had vision and a work ethic. Sidwell has the latter but not the first and at his age must also be moved out. Lee also had the energy of Sean Davis on his shoulder. In this role we have Roberts the wonderboy. Would I hang on to Parker? Categorically not. Part of the culture of failure.

But the overriding issue is can Magath embrace the slog of 46 games in Division 2 while working to a budget of players way below the calibre he is used to? I have said it for 12 months and repeat it here. Kit Symonds should have a much bigger role in 1st team affairs.    twitter@fulhamphil & ESPN blogger.

DutchCottager

Stockdale

Byram              Lascelles                   Burn           Neil Taylor

Sidwell                       Cork

Dejagah                       Ravel Morrison                 Richardson

Mitro/Rodders/Cauley/Dembele

Sammyffc

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 08, 2014, 07:32:54 PM
I don't get to pay too much attention to The Championship, but Liam Moore was well thought of not too long ago.

I'd love to see us get Cresswell. Hughes would be great also. Ings.

Can't see us getting Rhodes. Hopefully, Mitro is with us and shows his worth.

Liam moore is with leicester ( promoted ) Ings is with Burnley ( Promoted ) just incase you didn't know . why would you get promoted then jump down a league to move

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Sammyffc on May 09, 2014, 12:59:01 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 08, 2014, 07:32:54 PM
I don't get to pay too much attention to The Championship, but Liam Moore was well thought of not too long ago.

I'd love to see us get Cresswell. Hughes would be great also. Ings.

Can't see us getting Rhodes. Hopefully, Mitro is with us and shows his worth.

Liam moore is with leicester ( promoted ) Ings is with Burnley ( Promoted ) just incase you didn't know . why would you get promoted then jump down a league to move

Like I said, I don't get to pay much attention to Championship football. I just mentioned the names that I've come across who've been well thought of.

So I wasnt' really suggesting anyone drop down a league.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

The Rock

None.

We could have signed Ings, Moore, Rhodes but the chance is gone. You can probably find a diamond in the rough though. I'd hope Magath has sauerkraut balls scouting behind the old Berlin Wall because it's gotta come from somewhere.

Unless khan and ally Mac  plan on spending on a player that's up to it.

Pluto

Ross McCormack
Aaron Cresswell
Will Hughes
Diego Poyet

I think all four will end up at PL clubs this summer though.

EJL