watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Baby Grace and the bloody council advice needed

Started by TheDaddy, June 08, 2010, 11:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

Some of you guys and dolls are clever so here goes.

Baby grace is doing well ,response to the cemo has been good bar the side effects which as a baby is a good thing believe it or not as she dosent know any different if that makes sense .

Since Grace has been diagnosed with cancer i have been to and throw to the council to arrange/try and get a suitable flat / house. At the moment all three of us are in a studio flat in Wandsworth (private renting) .Grace needs her own room where we can control the temperature.She not priority as it stands she has to be a ex con just leaving prison looking for a fresh new start or new to this country  (not my words but the very unhelpful woman in the housing office)

I've tried private renting in the fulham area  but at the moment cant afford the unbelievable  six week deposit, month in advance rent and charges i was quoted £3875 for a two bed flat right next to the salisbury pub down dawes road the other week and in truth it was a bit of a s***hole.

I've also tried  :beer:  trust and nottinghill both state that i need to be referred by the council

Im running out of ideas bar a sit in  or a full scale riot in the council offices.  why Fulham ,because graces cemo therapy is either Chelsea and Westminster or Great ormand street.

Is their a law i can quote them just to get there arses moving ?

PS Thanks for your support ,prayers and kind words she really is a smasher and when i finally get the laptop back  from the repair shop i will try and paste a picture or two on here the key word being try as im  bloody useless with things like that . :54:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

epsomraver

I would have thought that the Hospital welfare people are your first port of call, they have all the facts and should be able to help you. Used to be called the Almoners office, not sure what fancy title they have now, also you have to lay it on really heavy, quote stress, potential marriage break up, suicidal, it sounds strong but you have to play the system, others do it, why not you, good luck mate
PS I went and sat in the housing department of Merton Council years ago when in a similar position to you and told them I would stay there until they found us  somewhere better than the private dump we were stuck in, I told them I would stay all the time as it was better than the place I was in
PSS As you are a LT employee , they had a wonderful welfare department who had so much clout when I worked for LT , have you tried them?

White Noise

Good to hear that things are on the right track fella.

I am afraid I don't know much about the housing side of things but I would have thought that some of the childrens cancer charities that exist would have had plenty of parent in your position and maybe be able to point you in the right direction.

These guys maybe -

CLIC Sargent - 0800 197 0068

http://www.clicsargent.org.uk/Home

Also, it might be worth contacting them or 'The Family Fund' about the grants they give to families of children with cancer -

http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/coping-with-cancer/coping-practically/financial-support/grants/childrens-cancer-charities

These guys might be useful in other respects -

http://www.christianlewistrust.org/FamilyServices.asp

http://www.lennoxccf.org.uk/index.php?id=3

TheDaddy

epsomraver

I've just joined a benevolent fund have to be in it for 12 weeks before they assist you. However you don't ask you don't get so will give them a ring .The welfare department has of sorts been Watered down and everything is refereed to them by our managers whilst all this has been going on with Grace my managers have been just short of bloody useless.

White Noise
We have a social worker from CLIC Sargent helping us also the community nurse but as she said "years ago i could promise you the world now i cant promise you a thing"
My partner jo is meeting with one woman today from Great ormand street who wants to see the size of our flat and if she has time has said she will go to the local council today and insist they help Asap.In total we have five people from various departments/Charities of great ormand st helping us but its like drawing blood from a stone trying to arrange a meeting with the council we have a file with all the above people writing into the council explaining the situation.Thanks for the links i will look into these aswell .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

CorkedHat

I can't be much use to you from over here Mr Daddy except to say that if you need any written applications/letters etc just PM me with the gist of what you wish to say and I'll happily do it for you.
When I was in a similar position with my daughter, who was born with spina bifida, I enlisted the help of her doctor who endorsed my application.
Good luck mate and don't forget that if there is anything I can do from over here I will willingly do it
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

Quote from: TheDaddy on June 08, 2010, 12:51:19 PM
epsomraver

I've just joined a benevolent fund have to be in it for 12 weeks before they assist you. However you don't ask you don't get so will give them a ring .The welfare department has of sorts been Watered down and everything is refereed to them by our managers whilst all this has been going on with Grace my managers have been just short of bloody useless.

White Noise
We have a social worker from CLIC Sargent helping us also the community nurse but as she said "years ago i could promise you the world now i cant promise you a thing"
My partner jo is meeting with one woman today from Great ormand street who wants to see the size of our flat and if she has time has said she will go to the local council today and insist they help Asap.In total we have five people from various departments/Charities of great ormand st helping us but its like drawing blood from a stone trying to arrange a meeting with the council we have a file with all the above people writing into the council explaining the situation.Thanks for the links i will look into these aswell .

Daddy I think you will find that applies to financial help, they will give advice I hope, LT had a welfare department still there? it was set up so drivers could do their job properly without distractions, it was based at 55 Broadway, hope they are still there and can help.

blingo

Daddy, go to the citizens advice bureau and also make an appointment to see your MP, don't accept what the council lady tells you, DEMAND to see someone higher up. I am sure that in your particular case one of them will be able to help. Of course, all of this is secondary to baby Grace getting better, and I am very happy to hear that she is making progress. She has all of us behind her and it will be a proud day when you can take your little girl to go and watch Fulham m8. God bless her and my prayers will be with you until she makes a FULL recovery. I am sure that many on here, like me, look out on a daily basis to see if you have posted an update. Good luck with the accomodation.

epsomraver

Have you tried contacting BBC radio London or ITV London tonight, amazing what councils will do when the media gets involved, local newspaper is also an option

leonffc

If anyone on here has Big Mammas number, ring / text her and ask her to read this quandry of Daddy's.

I'm not saying she should / would reply or give special priorities on here but I know she was working in a certain dept in and around the area that would be of a great help.
She would be able to give spot on advice

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: leonffc on June 08, 2010, 04:30:05 PM
If anyone on here has Big Mammas number, ring / text her and ask her to read this quandry of Daddy's.

I'm not saying she should / would reply or give special priorities on here but I know she was working in a certain dept in and around the area that would be of a great help.
She would be able to give spot on advice
she's a top woman as well, very helpful. Goodluck the Daddy, sorry i cant help out.

WHITEwitch

Jeez this must be tough enough to handle without having to deal with all the bureacracy as well.

So sorry to hear of Graces cancer.

When I needed help with getting medication for Mr WW I wrote to everyone I could think of and my MP intervened with NICE and got him the prescription within about three days of my letter. 

My thoughts are with you.

clintclintdeuce

I do not have an answer to your question, being from the other side of the pond and all... but I do wish to send my best wishes to you and your family. I hope everything works out in favors. I wish there was somethign that we could do over here to help.
The Dude abides.