News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How well do you know the world we live in?

Started by General, May 09, 2014, 12:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Got a little test for you.

http://www.jetpunk.com/quizzes/how-many-countries-can-you-name.php

I'll give you two, as they may not be clear one's - Kosovo counts and East Timor.

I've been building up to it admittedly but just got 191.. My worst is 150.

Get a bit of the competitive spirit going on here.

General

Sammyffc

i have to confess i did it and my mind went absolutely blank . i managed to squeeze out a 76  :005: :dft001:

Fulham76

Jack Fulham

ToodlesMcToot

I know more than I can spell. That's for sure. Cost me plenty.

Got 102 first try.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Aaron

Oooh this looks fun!

Gonna think of a strategy and then blast it..  Will update shortly.

Aaron

I missed four in Europe. (San Marino, Monaco, Andorra etc..)

All in all, apart from micro nations I only dropped Brunei Burundi and Taiwan..  Not too bad.

Alan

Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

General

Quote from: Aaron on May 09, 2014, 04:15:40 PM

All in all, apart from micro nations I only dropped Brunei Burundi and Taiwan..  Not too bad.

What do you count as micro-nations? Islands? Australasian islands or remote and tiny places in Europe or the Caribbean?

What was your strategy?

glenhodgso

Great fun - thanks for sharing.

I have just proven to myself how thick I am - I missed most of Africa - oh well I'll crack open a beer and kill a few more brain cells...

<100 if you must know

Jamie88

win-dup

I stopped after my first entry of England was not classed as a country.

Holders

A good quiz but I spent a lot of time clicking on the outline of the country to give its name but you don't have to do that!. Then found I couldn't type quick enough...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Aaron

Quote from: General on May 09, 2014, 07:07:07 PM

All in all, apart from micro nations I only dropped Brunei Burundi and Taiwan..  Not too bad.

What do you count as micro-nations? Islands? Australasian islands or remote and tiny places in Europe or the Caribbean?

What was your strategy?

Island nations and things without visible clues to recall after you've already named 100 and forgotten where you were..

Ironically, my strategy was to blast through as many island nations as I could think of first so that I would just be reliant on map reading afterwards.  When I got to the map stage I started with North America and worked south, then moved to Europe, worked south and so on.

Unfortunately taking my cues from the map meant I missed almost all the tiny nations on mainland continents!

Sgt Fulham

159. That time limit is ridiculous and I spent a lot of time doing trial and error with Philippines! Sao Tome and Principe anybody? :P

General

Quote from: Aaron on May 09, 2014, 08:48:48 PM
Quote from: General on May 09, 2014, 07:07:07 PM

What was your strategy?

Island nations and things without visible clues to recall after you've already named 100 and forgotten where you were..

Ironically, my strategy was to blast through as many island nations as I could think of first so that I would just be reliant on map reading afterwards.  When I got to the map stage I started with North America and worked south, then moved to Europe, worked south and so on.

Unfortunately taking my cues from the map meant I missed almost all the tiny nations on mainland continents!

Did you tick the box at the bottom of the map (just outside the map on the bottom left)? It brings up boxes for all the small countries, so that they're all represented properly.

I do it starting with all the areas i don't feel as confident with (east Africa and at the time the islands in the pacific), and the countries i feel extremely confident of and which take up a lot of space, Russia, for example. Then i go continent by continent.. What I suppose most will find to be accurate is that they always forget the same ones... Or a group which include the same ones.

Then i also remember them by clusters.. Or by alliteration.. The L's in Europe for instance will remind me of each other..

JDH101

spelling cost me big time. 88. Great game.