News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eungland vs Malta U17s (Live on Eurosports)

Started by kdjr100, May 09, 2014, 04:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: fulhamben on May 09, 2014, 09:33:54 PM
Quote from: cmg on May 09, 2014, 09:04:30 PM
People do tend to get carried away. He's a smashing little player, obviously. But first team captain is just silly. He's not even captain of the u18s, quite simply because there are better candidates for that sort of thing.

Had we retained our top-flight position we may have been debating the best course of action for him next season. As it is I should think he is pencilled in for a starting berth if pre-season goes to plan. He's got plenty to learn and will have to do it the hard way now.
so who would your captain be?

If I get a free choice - I'd go for Yaya Toure.
Failing that I'd have to wait and see what our squad turns out to be. I'd not be choosing a 17 year old with 20 minutes first team experience.

General

How long is he under contract for! If i remember correctly he signed a new deal with us in the last year.

David Allen Crankshaw

I believe he signed a two year deal in February which is the longest that is allowed for a 17 year-old.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 09, 2014, 08:41:59 PM
He's a great prospect , but at the moment that's all he is.

He can still play for the u18s next season, although I think they will blood him in slowly into the first team, how he does at a few levels up, who knows.

As for being Captain, hahaha, who in their right mind would want to give him that responsibility , just let him play and develope
Spot on as usual, he definitely needs to mature mentally and physically and rushing him will do neither him or Fulham any favours. Lets hope his agent looks at the Zaha situation, got the 'dream' move they wanted with the big contract to boot then ended up on loan to Cardiff who were worse than us, with his stock and reputation greatly reduced. Maybe waiting one more season and sticking with Palace his development and experience would have developed and maybe the dream move work out better.

epsomraver

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 09, 2014, 06:57:49 PM
Found one of the second goal.  Wow!

https://vine.co/v/MgZXOYUQwde

have to say great goal as it went in, if that had flown over the bar his team mate running through would have been right to have a go at him as he had a much better chance of goal