watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So where do we get a John Collins or a Danny Murphy from

Started by Alan_C, May 10, 2014, 09:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_C

So we look to a new season in a lower league. One (level if not name) we have spent most of our long existance in. Last time we came up we had a midfield that included John Collins as a player playing below is level and aided by some able assistants.

We might have Kostas to know the goals in, we might even see Dembele and his pace upfront. Who however is going to get the ball to them to score.

Our midfield doesn't have ne player who has proven this season that they would fill this role.

I'm not talking about effort or energy - Sidwell / Parker
I'm not talking flashes of undiniable skill intermixed with not even average footballing skill - Degajah (May sone would add Kasami)
I'm not even talking about one player I want to see in the right portion week in week out - Richardson.

We need a footballing brain and the ability still to deliver and teach others. John Collins / Danny Murphy / Peter Kitchen the likes of Alan Mullary / Johnny Haynes before that. Where will they come from?

In my mind should be top of our shopping list at the expense of any other player or position

JBH

A time machine! or prehaps we leave it up to Felix 065.gif

Barrie

A couple of years forward, and I think Emerson Hyndman will be an excellent little player for us in that role.

DutchCottager

Just realised we had a Collins John and a John Collins  :dft011:

ron

Quote from: DutchCottager on May 10, 2014, 11:11:21 AM
Just realised we had a Collins John and a John Collins  :dft011:

...and strangely in temperament and dedication, one was the exact opposite of the other too !

tommy

Alexis

Let's make a cheeky bid for Gylfi Siggurdson. At least he'll solve our set piece problem.
Fulham 来了!

jarv

IF Stoke take Sidwell, Charlie Adam in return. He was fantastic at Blackpool in both divisions. Lately, doesn't play so much. Maybe a smaller club suits him.  I am not saying Stoke are bigger, or better than Fulham. Just that they are in the premier, we are not.

Burt

Hot off the press...

We are a Championship side now so unlikely to attract the likes of Adam, Siggurdson etc. who will expect to remain in the premier league.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Burt on May 10, 2014, 01:19:58 PM
Hot off the press...

We are a Championship side now so unlikely to attract the likes of Adam, Siggurdson etc. who will expect to remain in the premier league.

Need to use Felix's contacts in Germany.  The German leagues are probably the closest in terms of style to ours, and there will likely be a lot of hidden gems over there.

HatterDon

We were just plain lucky to get Danny Murphy. It might take a generation for him to be replaced. Players who have the package of skills he possessed -- added to his reading of the game and leadership ability --  are not thick on the ground anywhere. For a small club like Fulham, they're rarer than hen's teeth.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BishopsParkFantastic

i am sure that Felix will be looking to bring in at least one experienced player from the Bundislega to provide example, strong leadership and carrying his coaching on to the pitch. I think any remaining players he brings in from this country or abroad will be U-23. I can see Riether, Brede, Deja, Sidwell and Richardson staying.